Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Bootloaders 3.9 and 4.6

Default Bootloaders 3.9 and 4.6
    I have a question regarding the bootloader files. As it is mentioned on the guide as well ( the following link) that you need to have them to unlock and jail break the 2g iphone. I didn't see any usage of these files during the instruction process. Why do you need them and why doesn't the guide tell where to upload them?

P.S here is the link:

http://www.modmyi.com/wiki/index.php...2.x_on_Windows

2. The Following User Says Thank You to timi11 For This Useful Post:

lovemusic023 (11-11-2010)

Default ???
    But where do u use the bootloader files in that guide????

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hey timi11 If you clik the link you'll see bl39 and bl46. Those are the bootloaders you need

You are putting those files into same folder with quickpwn&iphone fw.Then Quickpwn is automatically using those files to flash your baseband.

Quote Originally Posted by dgomes View Post
    I always thought the iPhone 2G can only find its location (in Maps and for other location bases apps) if it had the 4.6 bootloader, isn't that true?

I know it does not have GPS, so I figure it finds itself based on Radio Base Stations location information... But again, that only with bl 4.6....

That is exactly what I wanted to know. Thank you!
    Is this true?

I am currently on a 2G iPhone 2.2 Fw with Modem: 4.04.05_G

I dont know which BL I have.

I am using Pwnage Tool 3.1.4 on Apple Mac OSX running on VMWare to create the IPSW.

Should I try to keep 3.9 or 4.6 BL? What benefit does one have over other.. Especially now that both are unlockable.