Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Broke iPhone trying to upgrade from 1.1.4 ? (2G iphone w/7.7 )

Default Broke iPhone trying to upgrade from 1.1.4 ? (2G iphone w/7.7 )
    Hey im PRAYING I didnt totally brick this phone but I was trying to upgrade to version 2 which I think I did because it was asking for a correct sim card (seems to have relocked the phone). then I went and tried to use winpwn and at the end it just said I can now load a custom image FROM iTunes..?

What have I done wrong?

Right now I am back at the emergency call screen so hopefully someone can help me

Livin the iPhone Life SundayDuffer's Avatar
    Thanks

Winpwn...is a tool for you to creat a custom firmware image. After you have done creating the custom firmware...now in iTunes, hold down shift key and click restore...a popup window will come up...go ahead and choose the custom firmware that you had created and let it runs....oh btw way, the phone has to be in DFU mode.

do a search for how to put your phone in DFU mode if you dont know how to yet.

Retired Moderator A Retired Mod's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SundayDuffer View Post
    Winpwn...is a tool for you to creat a custom firmware image. After you have done creating the custom firmware...now in iTunes, hold down shift key and click restore...a popup window will come up...go ahead and choose the custom firmware that you had created and let it runs....oh btw way, the phone has to be in DFU mode.

do a search for how to put your phone in DFU mode if you dont know how to yet.
    ^^^This is the best way....BTW winpwn 2.5 will step you through putting the phone in DFU mode.

guys this isn't working at all and I've been screwing around with it for hours on end and i'm getting so mad

I just want to get back to 1.1.4 now working unlocked jailbroken just like I had it before I started doing all this crap. The only thing thats working now is EMS calling..

I've tried doing the simple winpwn and it loads up what is looks like the apple logo with winpwn writing on it but it just sticks there. I had it working for one single bootup to the home screen but no bars would showup and no rogers carrier text so I restarted the phone and its been stuck there now and everytime I try to fix it but restoring it in itunes (which locks it) then doing winpwn.

I cant seem to load a good image from the itunes files because its all messed up

Can anyone let me know how i can check what version I have on my phone now (since itunes wont tell me) and explain how I can just get back to 1.1.4?

Best regards,
    eddy

OK it seems like I now have 2.0.2 loaded on the phone because It loaded the apple agreement Its downloading and going to install it and im guessing its going to lock it like usual tho

what now?
    Last edited by eddyg519; 09-07-2008 at 10:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Retired Moderator A Retired Mod's Avatar
    Thanks

You will need to un-install 7.7 itunes, and then restart pc and load 7.5 itunes.....and put the phone in DFU mode and Restore to 1.1.4

ok that sounds easy Ill uninstall restart and get ahold of 7.5 but how do i enter DFU and load 1.1.4?

ok ive gotten version 7.5 I have not opened it yet and the phone is loaded with 2.0.2 but disconnected.

How do I install a software to downgrade to 1.1.4 thru DFU mode?
    Last edited by eddyg519; 09-07-2008 at 10:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

See the sticky on top of the page on downgrade and see
    2.0 to 1.1.4 Downgrade - iPhone News & Review

Both should give you enough info to get it going.