Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.1.4 - 2.0 ?

Arrow 1.1.4 - 2.0 ?
    Hey guys I had a 1.1.4 unlocked jailbroken iphone and I upgraded to a 3G version from rogers. I want to give the 1.1.4 to my Girl friend but I want to upgrade it to version 2...What is the process of doing this safely?

Also is it possible just to jailbreak my 2.0 so I can use the installer apps AND the app store apps? (this goes for my 1.1.4 iphone as well I'd like to be able to use "best of both worlds" type of thing.

best regards,
    eddy

Livin the iPhone Life SundayDuffer's Avatar
    Thanks

for fw 2.0.2
    first Gen.... both jailbreak and SIM unlock are supported.
    3G... jailbreak is supported...SIM unlock NOT YET.

i suggest you do a search for winpwn 2.5 and read up on it. good luck.

ok i have winpwn 2.5 and i click original iphone then 2.0.2 then no (because im on rogers with a 2G iphone..) then it asks me to unlock the phone and I say no because its already unlocked...then no again because I dont need custom images and then it says it cannot find the image file or something?

Am I doing something wrong?

- eddy

You still need to check the unlock process. Winpwn or pwnage (later for mac) is a process that builds a custom firmware from the itunes' legal firmware. It also pwns your itunes so that the next time a firmware is released, if you upgrade to it, you will lose the jailbreak but the activation and the unlock will remain.