+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreaking iPhone 3G w/ Vista 64-bit errors out!??

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
Hey all... I picked up my beauty (iPhone 3G 16GB White), and I'm loving it. I figured out the unlocking part for use on other carriers but this is my
    Thanks

Post Jailbreaking iPhone 3G w/ Vista 64-bit errors out!??
    Hey all...

I picked up my beauty (iPhone 3G 16GB White), and I'm loving it. I figured out the unlocking part for use on other carriers but this is my very FIRST Jailbreak. Yes, that's right, I'm a virgin!

So I watched a few of the step-by-step videos on Youtube, downloaded QuickPwn for 2.0, 2.0.1, and 2.0.2, and when I hit Go, Windows Vista 64-bit ALWAYS craps out on me. I get the message "quickpwn has stopped working, looking for a solution"...

Do I need to install Vista 32-bit, or even XP for this to work right? I don't want to brick my iPhone. Can someone please help me? I'm so psyched about doing this now. I have like 12GB free, and that's just not right.

Is there an alternate method? Do any of you have Vista x64 and have successfully done it, or, for that matter, have had similar problems?

Thanks from a total n00b!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I jailbreaked my 3G 16GB iPhone on Windows Vista x64 bit and it didn't hang.

The only difference I can think of is that I boot up vista with Signature enforcement disabled. To archive this:
    • Restart computer
    • Keep tapping F8 during your computers start-up
    • You will be presented with a windows menu
    • Select disable driver signature enforcement

I'm not saying that will fix it, but thats how I always boot up windows and it could just be a bad driver that Windows x64 is blocking.

If all else fails, backup all your data and re-install windows.

Thanks

Thanks for the reply. Actually, I was able to do it seamlessly with a different jailbreak software, WinPwn 2.5. It was great. Step-by-step instructions for what ultimately is a very easy procedure.

What blew me away was the fact that when I installed the software, it said there was an update available, so I clicked Yes for download, and it did everything in a very straightforward manner.

This is great. Looks like I can't get any of the software that's in the App Store, huh? No worries, I got a bunch of those already. Amazing what this phone can do!