Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Finally able to upgrade to 2.0.2 using PWNAGE but email accts error out?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Finally able to upgrade to 2.0.2 using PWNAGE but email accts error out?
    Whats going on guys?

I wanted to share this with you guys and hope someone can give me some suggestions. I had previously jailbreak my 2.0 phone using winpwn then upgraded to 2.0.1 (also using winpwn) both times the jailbreaking went thru smoothly; however, last night i tried upgrading to 2.0.2 using WINPWN 2.5 and kept getting error 1601 and 1602 when trying to install the custom firware into my phone (thru itunes). I tried uninstalling and re-installing itunes and mobilesupport (no luck) tried 2 machines (windows xp and vista but same error). Finally after 4 tries, itunes started flashing the phone with the custom firware but in the process game me error "6" (itunes) and it will leave the phone in recovery mode. So i decided to install PWANGE on a friend's mac and install the custom firmware i had created. The phone was flashed successfully; however, now my email account keeps giving me "invalid username or password" (both yahoo and gmail). I did not do a restore which i know causes this problem, i actually added the email accounts thru the phone.

Any idea on what to do will be very apprecate it!

Will V.

Thanks

Check the smtp settings. make sure the server is toggled to "on" and also that the suer name and password are filled in. I had the same issue as you. One thing that might be happening is that the informaiton you key in is not saving. Then you can try the BossPrefs fix user dir permissions. You also can change permissions on /var/Keychains to 777. That seems to help as well.

If I've helped you, you can help me by clicking on that Thanks button.
    iPhone, the Swiss Army knife of the 21st Century.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to bhz1 For This Useful Post:

williamjv (09-03-2008)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bhz1 View Post
    Check the smtp settings. make sure the server is toggled to "on" and also that the suer name and password are filled in. I had the same issue as you. One thing that might be happening is that the informaiton you key in is not saving. Then you can try the BossPrefs fix user dir permissions. You also can change permissions on /var/Keychains to 777. That seems to help as well.
    Thanks BHZ! i'm going to try that once i get home as I do not have wifi here so i cant SSH my phone.
    I did check the SMTP settings and it was on under "primary server" but off under Other SMTP server. I set both to On but that still didnt fix the problem so i'm guessing is what you said. they keychain may not be retaining the password i enter. (the username is there though)

Thanks again!

I'll post the results later on.

Will v.

Hey BHZ,
    Just wanted to thank you one more time.

Changing the permissions to 777 in /Var/Keychains fixed the problem.

Have a good one!
    Last edited by williamjv; 09-03-2008 at 06:34 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Boss Pref, fix permission dir. (inside the More Tab)