+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iliberty/ziphone not recognising phone

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
I restored my phone using the latest itunes 7.7.1 (i think), now all I get is the USB image and the itunes logo. No sliders, nothing. It is not possible
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Iliberty/ziphone not recognising phone
    I restored my phone using the latest itunes 7.7.1 (i think), now all I get is the USB image and the itunes logo. No sliders, nothing. It is not possible to put the phone in DFU mode either, as it just reverts to the the usb+itunes logo. Iliberty and Ziphone do not recognize the phone at all. I restored the phone using the ipsw 1,1_2.0.1_5B108 from the pawnage site, and managed to at least get a slider on the phone "emergency calls only". Iliberty then recognises the phone, it then goes into "entering recovery mode" and the phone then reverts back to the same usb+itunes logos, and nothing happens. Iliberty stays in "entering recovery mode" and does nothing. Can anyone help?

Thanks

Liberty and ziphone do not support 2.X firmwares. Only winpwn, quikpwn or pwnage tool will make it work. Visit blog.iphone-dev.org

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

but regardless, ZiPhone still can get any phone into DFU mode if it's stuck in the USB cable screen. I used it to fix mine.

HAve you tried to Restore back to your last FW? If you can get it Restored then connect it back to iTunes and restore your backup when it asks you. Once you're back to normal try and upgrade again following the guides here.

Thanks

With winpwn and pwnage tool, once the firmware building has been completed, you will be prompted to plug your phone in and they pwnage will help you put your phone in DFU mode.