Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [1.1.2OTB Upgraded to 1.1.3] Problem with libgcc_s.1.dylib

iPhone? More like MyPhone Wayno's Avatar
    Thanks

Default [1.1.2OTB Upgraded to 1.1.3] Problem with libgcc_s.1.dylib
    After upgrading to 1.1.3 with the Dev Team's soft upgrader, I had the problem with Terminal asking for password (and not letting me in regardless). So I did some Googling and came up with this fix:

mkdir -p /usr/local/arm-apple-darwin/lib
    ln -sf /usr/lib/libgcc_s.1.dylib /usr/local/arm-apple-darwin/lib/libgcc_s.1.dylib

I still had problems so I was trying again, making sure I'd got the command correct, etc. Only somehow I managed to link libgcc_s.1.dylib back to itself - essentially deleting it! My phone got stuck on the Springboard screen with the rotating circle in the middle and wouldn't do anything else. I still had SSH access so I rebooted it. Then it got stuck on the Apple logo and nothing was going to move it on. Bizarrely, I still had SSH access but now most commands would just give me an error:
    Code:
    dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/local/arm-apple-darwin/lib/libgcc_s.1.dylib 
      Referenced from: /bin/ls 
      Reason: no suitable image found.  Did find: 
            /usr/local/arm-apple-darwin/lib/libgcc_s.1.dylib: stat() failed with errno=62 
            /usr/lib/libgcc_s.1.dylib: stat() failed with errno=62 
    zsh: trace trap  ls
    Fearing the worst, I thought anything was worth a try at this point, so I had a poke around the file system using SCP (because the 'ls' command in SSH was also giving me that error) and found libgcc_s_v6.1.dylib. I downloaded it to my PC, renamed it as libgcc_s.1.dylib and uploaded it to the phone. Rebooted and got t back in action.

My Edge appears to have stopped working but I don't think it is related to this? My Terminal now lets me in (woohoo ) but funny things are happening in Installer. It keeps telling me I have updates but when I check, they are the same version as I have already. I tried to install SUID Lib Fix and I get a message that I must install SUID Lib Fix first

So I'm guessing that the library I lost is the GCC compiler library, and I've replaced it with a different version? Hmm. Can anybody point me in the right direction to fix this? Or maybe email me libgcc_s.1.dylib from their 1.1.3 phone?

Cheers.

OK easy fix really. Re-install BSD subsystem. Don't know why I didn't think of that in the first place

Now my terminal opens without prompting for a password but I'm only logged in as 'mobile' so restricted rights, and 'su' doesn't work. Looking for a solution now but I'll be a bit more careful this time
    Last edited by Wayno; 02-17-2008 at 01:59 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    iPhone 3gs, running 4.2 Greenp0is0ned
    iPad 32Gb, running 4.2 Grrenp0is0ned