+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: damn guides!@#$! getting confused......

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
from what i have been reading and reading around the forum that each of the jailbreaking/pwning apps have different ways of doing it. i currently have a 2g iphone (original)
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default damn guides!@#$! getting confused......
    from what i have been reading and reading around the forum that each of the jailbreaking/pwning apps have different ways of doing it.

i currently have a 2g iphone (original) unlocked and jailbroken using ziphone and iLiberty, and is running a 1.1.4 FW.

couple days ago people started using quickpwn to jailbreak(?) theyre phones. and im not so sure but i think quickpwn is just for jailbreaking NOT FOR UNLOCKING.am i correct?

so question is can if i update my current iphone to 2.0.2. can i use quickpwnRC3 to jailbreak it? and what do i need to unlock my iphone to be used with another mobile carrier?thanks.

somebody pls be kind enough to help me. im such a noob on this scene and i did my research and the more i read around the forum the more i get confused on what to use or follow. thanks in advance

OT: im using windows vista 64bit and itunes 7.7.1.11

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Restore in iTunes to 2.0.2 and then use Quickpwn RC3 to jailbreak the phone. After that download Bootneuter from Cydia to unlock it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    Restore in iTunes to 2.0.2 and then use Quickpwn RC3 to jailbreak the phone. After that download Bootneuter from Cydia to unlock it.
    wow sound so simple...ill give it a try...any chance that ill be losing my contacts,messages,video video files on mxtube? if yes, anyway to back it up and restore it afteR? thanks for that