Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreaking with 1.0.2 (?)

Default Jailbreaking with 1.0.2 (?)
    Could someone list the files that I need to jailbreak my phone, now that I have the new firmware version 1.0.2? Your help is greatly appreciated.

32GB iPod Touch 2nd Gen

Can't you just use the same files you used when you first jailbrake'd your iPhone? I just DL'd the new 1.0.2 update as well. I guess it's probably better to wait and see if we need to use different files than we used before.. Hope someone replies soon.. because an UnModded iPhone looks yucky.. )

Jay.

jailbreak it the same way you did the first time, nothing has changed.

Yup, nothing has changed. You want to use the original firmware to break it out of jail.

iPhone? More like MyPhone maXimus's Avatar
    Thanks

I won't be updating until there is a significant inclusion in the new software. Just my two cents!!!

I am attempting it with the new update and it seems to hang on the Please Connect to iTunes screen after I reboot, so it doesn't complete the cycle.

Suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by jinthec View Post
    I am attempting it with the new update and it seems to hang on the Please Connect to iTunes screen after I reboot, so it doesn't complete the cycle.

Suggestions?
    I just got my phone yesterday and I am having the same issue as above. When I try to download the 1.0.1 from the link in the guides, it just starts itunes and the file is nowhere to be found.