+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HELP!! Ran the official 1.1.3 update and now iphone appears locked!! please help!

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
Hi thanks for looking Ok . i decided to try and update/jailbreak to 1.1.3... I had a jailbroken OTB 1.1.2 I ran the Official dev updater from installer it ran
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Exclamation HELP!! Ran the official 1.1.3 update and now iphone appears locked!! please help!
    Hi thanks for looking

Ok . i decided to try and update/jailbreak to 1.1.3...

I had a jailbroken OTB 1.1.2

I ran the Official dev updater from installer

it ran - did its thing then restarted and all looked well except i had none of my 3rd party programs (other than installer).

I thought sweet ill just go into installer and get all my programs back

Opended installer and it said it couldnt load sources so i went to the sources tab and pressed refresh.

It seemed to refresh then came up with "installer needs to be updated" so i did this and it soon said exit installer so i pressed the home button then...

Blank... then very soon after the screen with the cable the arrow and itunes icon with "slide for emergency" down the bottom in different languages...

Tried the *#306* thing but nothing...

Also tried opening itunes but it says "There is a problem with your iphone"

I CAN navigate thru the files in ibrickr 0.91 if this helps....

PLEASE help is there ANYTHING i can do now???

ANY help appriciated
    Thanks, Laz
    Last edited by lazarest; 02-02-2008 at 11:51 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone iGotTheRiteTemp's Avatar
    Thanks

try restarting your phone. if not then i dont know but try this:

in the dev team 1.1.3 upgrader did you choose to use the "hacktivated" option? if not you should have. If you can get into the files, then try getting your hands on the stock "lockdownd" file and replace it.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I had the same exact problem, I wound up downgrading my itunes to 7.4 and restorign to 1.1.1 then to 1.1.2 which is where I'm back to now, I'll retry the 1.1.3 on tuesday but at least will get your phone back for now.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    i have downgraded from 1.1 to 102 thn back up 1.1.1 to 1.2 now 1.3 back down to 1.1 and all the way back up to 1.3 and have had no issues i always use shift restore when downgrading and shft update when moving up firmwares try putting in recovery mode and down to 1.02 or 1.1 make sure u know what baseband your on. cant be higher than 04.02.13

i use new itunes version

i use new itunes version

i use new itunes version
    Last edited by dickhaut; 02-03-2008 at 08:08 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak? projectdwnshft's Avatar
    Thanks

im in the same situation....i can view all the files....is there a way i can just replace a certain file on the phone...cause im going to loose all of my contacts which i kinda dont want to have to do. if theres a way to take the contacts file out someone please tell me where it is and ill save that file and figure out how to restore the phone again. help

Green Apple
    Thanks

I didn't loose my contacts when I did that.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Talking Fixed It!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by lazarest View Post
    Hi thanks for looking

Ok . i decided to try and update/jailbreak to 1.1.3...

I had a jailbroken OTB 1.1.2

I ran the Official dev updater from installer

it ran - did its thing then restarted and all looked well except i had none of my 3rd party programs (other than installer).

I thought sweet ill just go into installer and get all my programs back

Opended installer and it said it couldnt load sources so i went to the sources tab and pressed refresh.

It seemed to refresh then came up with "installer needs to be updated" so i did this and it soon said exit installer so i pressed the home button then...

Blank... then very soon after the screen with the cable the arrow and itunes icon with "slide for emergency" down the bottom in different languages...

Tried the *#306* thing but nothing...

Also tried opening itunes but it says "There is a problem with your iphone"

I CAN navigate thru the files in ibrickr 0.91 if this helps....

PLEASE help is there ANYTHING i can do now???

ANY help appriciated
    Thanks, Laz

I FIXED IT!!!

Thanks for every1s help!

I discovered last night a way to fix it. What i did was...

First i had to uninstall itunes 7.6 and quicktime and delete all itunes files (including the library file in my music folder) then find and install itunes 7.5 THIS IS ESSENTIAL. Once i got into itunes 7.5 i had to get my iphone into recovery mode which i found was harder than in 1.1.2. I had to..

Hold the power and menu buttons till it turned off then CONTINUED TO HOLD HOME FOR 15 SECONDS ONCE IT HAD TURNED OFF BUT LET GO OF POWER. Once it was in recovery mode i was able to use itunes (which said iphone in recovery mode) to put firmware 1.1.1 on by shift + clicking restore and selecting the downloaded 1.1.1 firmware i found on the net. this restored it to 1.1.1 firmware then i had to activate/jailbreak again and install 1.1.2 firmware again(following this guide: http://hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=18284).

All my programs/songs/everything was deleted but i didnt have that much on there neway so its no biggie

Also I was relieved to find that i still hav the 1.1.2 OTB bootloader (Code: 4.02.13_G) so i can still use a turbosim (the new 1.1.3 bootloader (Code:4.03.13_G) cant take turbosims so if u update from a 1.1.2 otb iphone to 1.1.3 VIA ITUNES it usually stuffs it). You can find ur bootloader by going into "Settings" in ur iphone then "General" then "About" and its the 2nd last one (Modem Firmware)

So ill post this here and hopefully help some people out!

Thanks again for every1s help
    Laz

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

You can still go into recovery mode with iTunes 7.6 and selectively downgrade to 1.1.1.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by thewill View Post
    You can still go into recovery mode with iTunes 7.6 and selectively downgrade to 1.1.1.
    Actually i tried it heeps of times with 7.6 and it kept saying your iphone is broken contact apple and the iphone wouldnt get into recovery mode no matter how many times i tried it

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Wink Brilliant
    lazerest you have just saved my iphone you ledge, but do you know if we can upgrade with the jailbreak yetr or we still have to wait?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Cool Well...
    Quote Originally Posted by chris m View Post
    lazerest you have just saved my iphone you ledge, but do you know if we can upgrade with the jailbreak yetr or we still have to wait?
    no problem man glad i helped som1

As for 1.1.3 jailbreak upgrade... Well quite frakly im not game enough to try it again Not for a while neway.

But i have heard many stories of people who have successfully upgraded to a jailbroken 1.1.3