+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreak -- Newbie

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
Hi -- Brand new to the world of the iphone.. and am very impressed. I'm a Treo 700wx user.. and love this phone in comparison. Plus, I love this forum..
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    Default Jailbreak -- Newbie
    Hi --

Brand new to the world of the iphone.. and am very impressed. I'm a Treo 700wx user.. and love this phone in comparison. Plus, I love this forum.. some of the smartest I've found on the net.

Here's the deal.. I've gone through the process to add apps to the phone. I mean step by step. Getting the latest recovery file -- making it a zip.. unzipping to cphonedmg

Got Jailbreak -- unzipped everything from the win folder to phonedmg

closed itunes--
    closed all other processes that ever closely resembled an apple app..

opened a cmd prompt and did the jailbreak. It hangs at rebooting iphone

never goes another stop. This is in xpsp2 and vista..

The phone is brand new -- got it Saturday. When I connected.. it got the latest firmware and software.. 1.01 -- this is jailbreak 1.1 -- I've of some potential issues with the new firmware and the new jailbreak. I've searched for jailbreak 1.0 to no avail.

Now, I've been trying this for the better part of 5 hours.. I've disconnected the phone and reconnected.. I've started itunes and shut it down.. I've beaten my head against this phone for hours now. Can someone give me a definitive yes or no as to whether jailbreak or any other program works with the latest firmware? If so -- please give me a hint as to what the heck I'm doing wrong.

thanks!!

jp

iPhone? More like MyPhone maXimus's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joejoeiphone1 View Post
    Getting the latest recovery file -- making it a zip.. unzipping to cphonedmg

Got Jailbreak -- unzipped everything from the win folder to phonedmg
    Do you have files still in sub-folders? Usually, when the phone hangs when rebooting, it's because it's looking for files that the user has inadvertently left inside subfolders.

Post a list of all files and folders in your cphonedmg directory.

Thanks

Also do you have the 1.00 firmware files in the folder or 1.01 firmware files extracted in the same folder as iphoneinterface? Because you must have the 1.00 firmware files (even if you have 1.01 loaded on the phone, it will be fine).

Dixit

Thanks
    yup.. that did it.. 1.0 firmware restore files in the phonedmg did the trick. Another thing -- no matter what.. no matter how I cannot delete/rm/rmdir or however you want to say it anything in winscp. Period -- end of story.

Plus, Manzana cannot and will not install on Vista. I went to my WinXP installation.. and it works like a champ. Strange.. but, true.

jp

iPhone? More like MyPhone maXimus's Avatar
    Thanks

Plus, Manzana cannot and will not install on Vista. I went to my WinXP installation.. and it works like a champ. Strange.. but, true.
    Not true! I'm running Manzana on my Vista ever since it first came out. Your computer has "issues"!! Sorry!
    Last edited by maXimus; 08-21-2007 at 01:14 PM.

Thanks

yup.. that did it.. 1.0 firmware restore files in the phonedmg did the trick. Another thing -- no matter what.. no matter how I cannot delete/rm/rmdir or however you want to say it anything in winscp. Period -- end of story.

jp
    You dont have the bin kit installed then if you cant delete, you need the kit in order to do normal things like delete, create files, chmod....

iPhone? More like MyPhone ToxicFTW's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigdogjonx View Post
    You dont have the bin kit installed then if you cant delete, you need the kit in order to do normal things like delete, create files, chmod....
    Do you happen to have a link to these files?

32GB iPod Touch 2nd Gen

Thanks

http://iphone.natetrue.com/
    Download the latest iphone-binkit-0.06.tar.gz and the extract and put those files in their respective directories on the iPhone. Then reboot, and then you have full capabilities.

Dixit