Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Downgrading to 03.14.08_G Firmware

Exclamation Downgrading to 03.14.08_G Firmware
    I sold my 1.1.1 iphone to some italian guy. He upgraded it to 1.1.3. Iphone had 03.14.08_G firmware but after he upgraded it to 1.1.3 firmware was upgreaded to 04.02.13_G. He downgraded it to 1.1.2 again but firmware is still the new one. When hes using anysim1.2.1u phone is bricked. And here comes my first question is that possible that firmware was updated?
    Second one is that he looked up for some software to change firmware. He found that
    Any one knows italian or know enything about firmware change? I heard that it is possible but hard and never saw any proof.

Regards
    Angello

Thanks

To clarify a bit. When your Italian friend updated to 1.1.3 it also updated the baseband (Modem firmware). Now, your friend can downgrade to 1.1.2 or 1.1.1 again, but that will not downgrade the baseband. In short, he's screwed.

He can of course try to erase and re-write the baseband (as that link suggests) however I wouldn't recommend it. But then again, if he has nothing to lose...
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

hi guys I downgraded from 1.1.1 to I do not know what it was.
    there was an update number in installer icon and after I update it I lost my network and right now I have "no service" insted. and when I chek the version it was 1.1.1 and modem firmware was 03.14.08_G . how can I get back to my prevuse modem firmware that it was 04.01.13_G?