+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreak not working

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
Here's my issues: I have windows vista, and I've followed the wiki step by step The first time I ran jailbreak, it told me it was successful, then according to
    iPhone? More like MyPhone DoocesWild's Avatar
    Thanks

Angry Jailbreak not working
    Here's my issues:
    I have windows vista, and I've followed the wiki step by step

The first time I ran jailbreak, it told me it was successful, then according to the guide, i am supposed to run iphoneinterface... No success

Tried running jailbreak again... but I never get to a point of jailbreak telling me to hold the buttons for 25 seconds or anything like that...

So I deleted everything and re-downloaded it all. Tried everything again (yes, I took away all sub folders, and yes, I held it down for more than 25 seconds)

Jailbreak no longer detects my iphone... just sits there forever while my iphone has a yellow icon telling me to connect itunes

So, I tried moving to my desktop, with xpsp2 on it, rinse and repeat, no success...

I even tried manzana, and all I get is a windows error on that. (both vista and xpsp2)

Any ideas would be awesome!

Retired Moderator arthursdomain's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DoocesWild View Post
    Here's my issues:
    I have windows vista, and I've followed the wiki step by step

The first time I ran jailbreak, it told me it was successful, then according to the guide, i am supposed to run iphoneinterface... No success

Tried running jailbreak again... but I never get to a point of jailbreak telling me to hold the buttons for 25 seconds or anything like that...

So I deleted everything and re-downloaded it all. Tried everything again (yes, I took away all sub folders, and yes, I held it down for more than 25 seconds)

Jailbreak no longer detects my iphone... just sits there forever while my iphone has a yellow icon telling me to connect itunes

So, I tried moving to my desktop, with xpsp2 on it, rinse and repeat, no success...

I even tried manzana, and all I get is a windows error on that. (both vista and xpsp2)

Any ideas would be awesome!
    you said you "so i deleted everything... etc.etc." does that mean you also restored your phone? sounds to me like your iphone was cracked, and then you tried cracking it again, which probably screwed it up. i would restore you phone, re-download everything, restart your computer and make sure it syncs with itunes and its back to 'normal' then try again from there, starting from jailbreak.
    ARTHURSDOMAIN
    ModMyI.com Apps Reviewer

Retired ModMyi.com Moderator

Follow me on twitter: twitter.com/laynem

Reviewed Apps:
    Oregon Trail, Who Has The Biggest Brain, Lock Puzzle, Tweetie

Want an app reviewed? PM me with the app name

iPhone? More like MyPhone maXimus's Avatar
    Thanks

It might be worth noting that you need to disable all iTunes processes in the Task Manager (i.e. iTunes and iTunesHelper). You probably did it already since you mentioned that you followed all instructions, but I thought it was worth noting.

When all else fails, remember the "3 R's":

1) Restore
    2) Redownload
    3) Retry

(and the answer is YES, I just made that up!)

iPhone? More like MyPhone DoocesWild's Avatar
    Thanks

I'll try that now. My question is this:

Once I do this, and I run jailbreak, get it cracked, etc... do I run jailbreak EVERY time I want to do something, along with holding everything for 25 seconds, or do I do this ONE TIME?

Then, from here on out can I use iphoneinterface or manzana straight out, or do I jailbreak first then use them. Also do I have to command line it, or can I double click from explorer?

Ok, it worked. The ONLY thing I did differently this time, which I guess I just overlooked, is before I did anything, I opened the task manager, and closed the process ituneshelper...

I still would like to know, though, do I need to jailbreak it every time, or am I done with that?

I was able to use iphoneinterface once, but now I can't.

Do I need to start at running jailbreak, waiting until I restart (25 seconds) then once that's done run iphoneinterface?

I don't want to do anything until I hear what to do from someone. Thanks!

BTW when I go into command and type iphoneinterface I get this error:

"Problem registering main callback: -402653180"

Also I can't seem to find my iphone from my computer. Nowhere recognizes it...

Anyone heard of ibrickr?
    Last edited by DoocesWild; 08-20-2007 at 01:00 AM. Reason: Can't find iPhone

iPhone? More like MyPhone maXimus's Avatar
    Thanks

My answers to your questions are in red:

Once I do this, and I run jailbreak, get it cracked, etc... do I run jailbreak EVERY time I want to do something, along with holding everything for 25 seconds, or do I do this ONE TIME? One time

Then, from here on out can I use iphoneinterface or manzana straight out, or do I jailbreak first then use them. Also do I have to command line it, or can I double click from explorer? If you use iphoneinterface you have to use cmd. You can just double-click Manzana (easier) and it'll work

Ok, it worked. The ONLY thing I did differently this time, which I guess I just overlooked, is before I did anything, I opened the task manager, and closed the process ituneshelper... That was your problem which is why I thought it was worth mentioning!

I still would like to know, though, do I need to jailbreak it every time, or am I done with that? You're done until you restore it

Do I need to start at running jailbreak, waiting until I restart (25 seconds) then once that's done run iphoneinterface? No, just make sure you run cmd, then type cd /phonedmg before typing iphoneinterface

"Problem registering main callback: -402653180" You MUST type cd /phonedmg when you first go into cmd, THEN iphoneinterface

6. The Following User Says Thank You to maXimus For This Useful Post:

Kyle Matthews (08-20-2007)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by maXimus View Post
    My answers to your questions are in red:

Once I do this, and I run jailbreak, get it cracked, etc... do I run jailbreak EVERY time I want to do something, along with holding everything for 25 seconds, or do I do this ONE TIME? One time

Then, from here on out can I use iphoneinterface or manzana straight out, or do I jailbreak first then use them. Also do I have to command line it, or can I double click from explorer? If you use iphoneinterface you have to use cmd. You can just double-click Manzana (easier) and it'll work

Ok, it worked. The ONLY thing I did differently this time, which I guess I just overlooked, is before I did anything, I opened the task manager, and closed the process ituneshelper... That was your problem which is why I thought it was worth mentioning!

I still would like to know, though, do I need to jailbreak it every time, or am I done with that? You're done until you restore it

Do I need to start at running jailbreak, waiting until I restart (25 seconds) then once that's done run iphoneinterface? No, just make sure you run cmd, then type cd /phonedmg before typing iphoneinterface

"Problem registering main callback: -402653180" You MUST type cd /phonedmg when you first go into cmd, THEN iphoneinterface
    Having same problem with the registering main callback error -402653180. says usbmuxlistenercreate: No error first then it says problem registering main callback.

i've already used it a few minutes ago to put ringtones on, but i did unplug the phone then put it back on. also when i connect the iphone it doesnt start up itunes now.

Time to do the whole process over again?
    Any ideas?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default activate error message
    Hi!

My problem same like juniorjack, I try to activate my iPhone, ( with iActivator v.1.1.4) browse the plist, push the 'Activate Iphone' button, and I have error message: Activation failed with code -402653165
    Anybody nows, whats mean this??
    thanks,
    sidi