Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreak 1.1.3 (unmodified) bootloader 4.6

iPhone? More like MyPhone the sr5's Avatar
    Thanks

Default [HOW TO] Jailbreak 1.1.3 (unmodified) bootloader 4.6 Tutorial
    Hello everyone, here it is 1.1.3 (unmodified) Bootloader 4.6 (1.1.2 OTB), i spent 8 hours Friday night trying to get this to work... i hope this helps please read every step! I have only been able to test this on AT&T Customer phones. This will take a bootloader 4.6 iphone and allow you to downgrade from 1.1.3 and jailbreak.

DISCLAIMER: This is a help to those who want jailbroken 1.1.3 (unmodified) I am not responsible for any failures on your attempt to follow this guide. This is a do at your own risk! NOT TESTED WITH UNLOCKED PHONES

Downgrade 1.1.3 (unmodified) > 1.1.1 (unmodified) > 1.1.2 (jailbroken) > 1.1.3 (jailbroken)
    With new Baseband

Files Needed:
    Jailbreak-1.1.2 Pack - Link
    Firmware 1.1.1 - Link
    Firmware 1.1.2 - Link
    iBrickr 1.1.3 Special - Link
    iTunes 7.5 - Link

1: First you will need to downgrade your iTunes to 7.5. Before you fully downgrade 7.6 to 7.5 save your iTunes Library (My Documents/music/iTunes/iTunes Library.li) just move it out of the itunes folder and remember where it is.
    itunes 7.5 will not run if you do not remove this library because it was created by 7.6 which is newer...

2: You should be running iTunes 7.5 now, Plug your iphone into your computer and if itunes asks you to upgrade to 1.1.3 or 7.6 itunes just click Not Now (or what ever it says cant remember) Once your phone is in itunes, Put your Phone into DFU Recovery mode, this isnt the normal Recovery mode in this one you are going to Hold the Power+Menu Button till the screen Turns Black once the screen turns Black let go of the power button leaving your menu button pressed till itunes recognizes it again. (the screen will stay black this is normal!) once itunes sees it, it will tell you that your phone is in recovery mode and needs to be restored, click ok and move to step 3

3: Shift+Click on "Restore" and Select the 1.1.1 FW file you downloaded earlier

4:
    After 1.1.1 FW Restore your phone will most likely be stuck in Recovery mode, Use the Jailbreak-1.1.2 windows.bat file and let it run, A java window will pop up Select "Boot From Recovery" Your phone will now boot to the iPhone Activation Screen and display an Incorrect Sim Error (dont worry this is normal)

5: Slide the emergency slider to bring you to the keypad, once you are at the keypad you are going to Dial *#306# the phone will start to ring, and put you back to the keypad, dial 0 then call, you will see the number 0 calling, answer it and put it on hold, the number 0 will call again decline this one and it will drop you in the phone app, once in the phone app move to contacts and see step 6

(i know alot of you have done this so but i am just going detail by detail to limit questions)
    6: In your contacts you are going to create a new contact name it what ever you want i named mine "owned" just because, now after you named it you are going to add 2 URL's the first one is going to be "prefs:" and the second is going to be "http://jailbreakme.com" after you have done this click done and select the url "prefs:" and this will take you to the iphone settings, here we are going to 1st off set auto lock to never! (General> Auto Lock> Never) then we are going to add your wifi network. After you have added your WiFi network click the menu button, and this will once again take you to the emergency screen once again slide the slider and just dial 0 answer it and set it on hold then decline the second call again, this will take you back to your contacts.

7: Now you are back to your contacts we are going to install the Installer app, click on the contact your created with the URL's and select "http://jailbreakme.com" once the page loads scroll to the bottom and select Install AppSnapp, your Safari will most likely crash and drop you back to the emergency screen (this is normal) just wait a few seconds to a minute or so and the phone will reboot.

8: after the reboot you will still see the incorrect sim error message (this is normal) just slide the slider and you will see the home screen and the installer app, open installer and go to "All Packages" and install BSD Subsystem, then install Oktoprep, after both are installed just hit the menu button to take you to the home screen, this should put the little loading sign on the screen let it load and drop you to the lock screen.

9: Ok now we are going to Unplug the iphone from the computer and then wait a few seconds, and then plug the iphone back into the computer (this resets itunes so that it doesn’t put you on the Set Up Iphone screen instead it will put you in the normal version informaition screen) Here we are going to Shift+Click Upgrade (NOT RESTORE!) and you are going to navigate to where you saved the 1.1.2 FW file you downloaded earlier, Select it and let it upgrade.

10: Now, your phone will have installed the upgrade but you will see the phone in recovery mode again with the connect to itunes logo (this is normal!) once again open up your Jailbreak-1.1.2 windows.bat file and once again click "Boot From Recovery".

11: After the phone has Rebooted Run the windows.bat file again and this time your are going to Check the Install SSH Check box and then click "Jailbreak 1.1.2!" button.

12: After you click the Jailbreak 1.1.2 button and let it run, let the phone reboot twice (maybe three times depends sometimes) after the reboot the phone will still display the incorrect sim error message (once again this is normal)
    (don’t worry I will show you how to get your service back once we get to 1.1.3)

13: Now to upgrade to 1.1.3, this is where we are going to run the new iBrickr from Nate True Follow the onscreen guide and when it asks to either browse for 1.1.3 or to download from apple just select the download from apple, let iBricker finish, this may take around 30 min or so.
    (its best after this step to unplug the iphone from the computer and just run off WiFi and install everything from the next step)

14: After iBrickr tells you that its part is done, run installer app and then install "1.1.3 soft upgrade" let this run! do not mess with the phone, it may give you a Main executable script error! message, don’t mind this just leave the phone alone for like 10 min or so you should also see the rotating loading icon on the screen, the phone will reboot and might hang on the apple logo screen for 10 min or so (this is normal DO NOT REBOOT) after the phone Boots you will be on 1.1.3 with jailbreak and the new baseband

15: Ok you are now in 1.1.3 with new baseband and jailbroken but you don’t have service still! Dont worry that’s normal as we restored and upgraded without activating. now we are going to install iTunes 7.6 again, just open iTunes 7.5 > Help > Check For Updates, 7.6 + Quicktime will pop up, click download and install, after 7.6 is installed, close iTunes, and then put your iTunes Library back into the "My Documents/Music/iTunes" Folder then reopen 7.6 now you can plug your phone into the computer right after you do this your phone will display "activating phone" and then you will have service again !

16: Your DONE! enjoy 1.1.3 Jailbroken.

FAQ:

None yet

Known Issues and Fix's:

Google Maps - Sometimes the locate me feature doesnt work after the 1.1.3 soft upgrade reboot, just try a reboot and try again.
    No Ringtone - This is an error that is within the iBricker 1.1.3 install, just go to installer app and install BiggBos's Repository Source to your Sources (http://sleepers.net/iphonerepo) Refresh your sources and go to install and scroll down to "Tweaks (1.1.3)" and install 1.1.3 Ringtone fix
    Edge/Prefs - sometimes prefs wont save and edge will show connected but not work install BigBoss's Repository Source to your Sources (http://sleepers.net/iphonerepo) Refresh your sources and go to install and scroll down to "Tweaks (1.1.3)" and install 1.1.3 Prefs fix

Special Thanks to: Nate True, Sidetalker, Listen Close, Johnny Crash as i combined several different methods from all these people to make this upgrade work.
    Last edited by the sr5; 01-27-2008 at 01:34 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to the sr5 For This Useful Post:

josh900 (02-06-2008)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

ul get watever u wrote including images at this website

hackthatphone.com

appreciate that u took time to help the community

im trying this right now but when i tried to unplug my phone and plug it back in to reset itunes so i didnt have to set up my phone its wouldnt do anything so i had to set it up i hope that wont make a diffrence.

Can you please help I have tryed your method but when I try to restore to 1.1.1 it comes up with this error

The iphone could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (1)

Can you explain this

Not working for me... I can't get it out of recovery mode after restoring to 1.11. The screen just briefly turns black and then displays the recovery icon again

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by puredarkness View Post
    Can you please help I have tryed your method but when I try to restore to 1.1.1 it comes up with this error

The iphone could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (1)

Can you explain this
    did you downgrade to 7.5 itunes?

Thanks

elTybbq: you have to use the jailbreak 1.1.2 windows.bat file and click "boot from recovery" let it boot and you should be ready to go....

Whizkid: I KNOW! i was so tired Friday night i mean i spent like 8 hours on this and i have 4 sheets of notes of what i did haha, i wasnt around all day sat so i through it up lastnight when i got home i had to sit down and combine all the chicken scratch lol.... but i dont know, i hope it helps

I did click 'boot from recovery' but whenever I do that the screen just turns black for a moment and then goes back to the recovery mode icon

Doublepost sry
    Last edited by elTybbq; 01-27-2008 at 02:17 PM.

This guide worked for me with the following exceptions:

I had trouble entering DFU mode so I followed the steps under "Alternate Method: Going Into DFU Mode Without Button Pushing:" on this page:
    http://limitededitioniphone.com/how-...into-dfu-mode/

I had to restore to 1.1.1 twice. After the first time I restored I was not able to reboot out of service mode.

I had to replace lockdownd with the 1.1.3 version in order to get phone service. I'm using AT&T.

Thanks

For some reason every time i update from 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 and proceed to jailbreaking via Batch file.. I can not connect to my iphone anyone no why.. help please!!!

Thanks

For some reason every time i update from 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 and proceed to jailbreaking via Batch file.. I can not connect to my iphone anyone no why.. help please!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iMacMar View Post

Need a little more information... what step are you stuck on... in the guide? i will help you trouble shoot...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by the sr5 View Post
    Need a little more information... what step are you stuck on... in the guide? i will help you trouble shoot...
    Sorry bout that im on step 12 every time i go to jail break it at the java box its says ipod/iphone not connected

Thanks
    im on step 15, cant get th phone to activate once i updated to 7.6! help!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RottieMan View Post
    im on step 15, cant get th phone to activate once i updated to 7.6! help!!
    When you went jailbreak 1.1.2 at step 12 it connected fine for you

I have the following problem: After downgrading to 1.1.1 I couldn't get the phone out of recovery mode neither with the jailbreak-1.1.2 file nor with ibrickr (screen turns green). So I did another shift-restore to 1.1.1 and that worked. Now when I dial *#306# and press call I get a message like "Error performing request. Sim pin required"

Any help would be appreciated

I would just like to confirm if this works and still lets you use the actual phone function??

Will this guide work if i want to use a non iphone tariff o2 sim????

My iPhone is a Part of Me EskimoRuler's Avatar
    Thanks

I got everything done but when it was time to activate at the end it wouldnt, i think it was because i set it up as a new phone huh, back in step nine, i couldnt get it to recongize

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast