+ Reply
Page 1 of 20 123 11 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [HOW-TO 1.1.3 Jailbreak] w/ everything working (AT&T)

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
Using this guide you will have a fully functional Jailbroken 1.1.3 phone. The basic goal of this guide is to upgrade to stock 1.1.3 and then downgrade to 1.1.1 and
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default [HOW-TO 1.1.3 Jailbreak] w/ everything working (iTunes Activated & Carrier Locked)
    Using this guide you will have a fully functional Jailbroken 1.1.3 phone. The basic goal of this guide is to upgrade to stock 1.1.3 and then downgrade to 1.1.1 and keep the 1.1.3 baseband all the way through the 1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.3 jailbreak and update process, and then finally transfer over the 1.1.3 lockdownd file.

This Guide is for carrier locked, iTunes activated, iPhone data plans only. You must have activated your phone using iTunes
    • US Customers with AT&T AND an iPhone data plan AND who have activated through iTunes.
    • UK Customers with O2 AND an iPhone data plan AND who have activated through iTunes
    • Germany Customers with T-Mobile AND an iPhone data plan AND who have activated through iTunes

FAQ
    • This guide works for 1.1.2 OTB phones w/ the latest bootloader.
    • This method and guide was designed for nate true's jailbreak. But it will also work with either Dev Teams or MMI's Jailbreak. If you wish to use Devteams or MMi's, follow the same steps except skip 11. Perform step 12 first, and then proceed with either the Devteam jailbreak or MMi Jailbreak. Then, proceed to step 13.
    • Some have reported troubles with password saving, there's a fix: please add BigBoss's repository to your Installer http://sleepers.net/iphonrepo There's two files to install, under 1.1.3 tweaks > Mailfix and Prefs fix.

What you'll get using this guide:
    • 1.1.3 Jailbroken w/ all features
    • Google "Locate Me" working natively(you don't need 3rd party apps to help)
    • Default Ringtones working out of the gate.
    • Processor and Memory clock increase of 1.1.2.
    • Working phone w/ latest baseband
    • Wiggily icons! (You know that's why you are upgrading!)

Stuff you'll need to have beforehand:

The main headings provide the basic information, and beneath it are the details. Just a couple of warnings up front: you'll lose your current 3rd party apps (oh noes), do not downgrade your baseband, and do not mess with or do anything with your phone or computer while it's doing an update. You'll also receive many bad sim errors all the way through the installation process, even on the last step.

so here goes:

1. Prepping iTunes and back up files.
    • Install latest version of iTunes, restart PC.
    • Turn off automatic syncing and launching of iTunes when you connect your phone
    • Backup your phone in iTunes.
    • Manually backup your pictures via Windows explorer just in case.

2. DFU Restore to 1.1.3 stock
    • Connect your phone to your PC and open iTunes.
    • Hold down the power and home buttons on your phone.
    • When your phone goes black and you hear the disconnect beep, release the power button while still holding down the home button. After about 20 seconds or so you'll hear the connect and disconnect beep, and iTunes will show a message about your phone being in recovery mode.
    • Shift-Click on RESTORE and select your 1.1.3 file.
    • After that is complete you should have a relatively normal and boring 1.1.3 phone.

3. DFU Restore to 1.1.1
    • Connect your phone to your PC and open iTunes.
    • Hold down the power and home buttons on your phone.
    • When your phone goes black and you hear the disconnect beep, release the power button while still holding down the home button. After about 20 seconds or so you'll hear the connect and disconnect beep, and iTunes will show a message about your phone being in recovery mode.
    • Shift click on RESTORE, and find your 1.1.1 file.
    • After the restore is complete you'll get an error

4. Normal Recover to 1.1.1
    • After iTunes gives you an error about your first restore, shift-click and RESTORE again, and select the 1.1.1 file again. After the restore is complete you'll get another error.

5. iBrickr .91 to boot your phone.
    • Your phone should now be stuck with a connect to itunes message or something.
    • Extract iBrickr .91, and run the iBrickr.exe
    • Click "boot my phone"
    • Afterwards your phone screen should be red, and your phone will eventually boot up.

6. Jailbreak 1.1.1
    • Your phone will say something like "bad sim card" or whatever. This is fine, remember, we're not going to get the actual phone part to work until the last step.
    • Slide for emergency and call *#306#. Then call 0, Hit answer, then hold, then decline.
    • Now hit the contacts button. Make a new contact and give it two URL addresses. prefs: and jailbreakme.com
    • Save your contact and hit the prefs: URL, this will bring you to the services app.
    • Setup your wifi connection, and set the autolock to never, hit the home button.
    • Slide for emergency, dial 0, hit answer, then hold, then decline.
    • Hit contacts again, goto your contact and hit jailbreakme.com, then install appsnapp.
    • Your phone should now be a nice iPod touch.

7. Restore phone from backup or setup as new phone
    • iTunes will now recognize your phone, and ask you to restore from backup(if you have one).
    • I restored my phone at this point, because I wanted to keep all the pictures and contacts that I didn't backup. I guess you could just create a new phone if you wanted to.
    • Go ahead and restore (or don't). This might take a while depending on how much music, videos and pictures you had.

8. Prep for 1.1.2 Jailbreak
    • After the restore is complete, goto installer.app and install Ocktoprep under 1.1.1 tweaks.
    • Do not install anything else at this time, including the installer app update.

9. UPDATE to 1.1.2
    • Go into iTunes and shift click on UPDATE and select your 1.1.2 file. NOTE: Do not hit restore, shift-click UPDATE.
    • After this is complete you'll get an error.

10. Jailbreak 1.1.2
    • Extract the 1.1.2 jailbreak package and open the windows.bat file
    • Tell it to boot your phone.
    • After the boot is complete, don't bother with installing SSH, and tell it to Jailbreak your phone.
    • This jailbreak takes quite a while, and will boot your phone a few times IIRC.

11. Upgrade to 1.1.3
    • So we now have our 1.1.2 iPhone jailbroken w/o phone capabilities.
    • Extract the iBrickr 1.1.3 special edition and run the ibrickr.exe.
    • Follow the simple instructions in the application.
    • You should now have a 1.1.3 phone without phone capabilities.

12. Install BSD 2.0 & SSH
    • Run installer.app and don't bother downloading the new version yet.
    • Install BSD subsystem 2.0 under the system heading.
    • Install the latest version of SSH
    • Exit out of installer.

13. Transfer lockdownd chmod 777
    • Install WinSCP to your PC and launch it.
    • Got into your settings app on your phone and find out your phones IP address.
    • In WinSCP click on NEW, type in your phones IP in the Hostname box, username is root, password is alpine. You can then click on the advanced options and connections and set the timeout to 60 seconds. Click Save.
    • Click Login, after about 30-45 seconds or so you'll be prompted with some big warning message, just hit OK. You should now be looking at your phones file system.
    • On the left side, navigate to the directory where you downloaded the lockdownd file. On the right side of the window, navigate to /usr/libexec.
    • Rename the phone version of lockdownd to lockdownd_old. Drag your new lockdownd file into this directory.
    • Right click on the new file you just transfered over to your phone (right side window), goto properties and set the permissions to 0777, or just click all the check boxes in the first, second, and third columns. Hit OK, and then verify this just incase.
    • Disconnect your phone, close iTunes, Reboot your phone.
    • Open iTunes and then connect your phone. iTunes should instantly activate your phone.

DONE! Everything should work fine now, including your phone, the hybrid google maps, locate me, your default ringtones, and of course installer! Feel free to install all of your applications back! The only other thing I had to do in addition to all of this was re-add my gmail account. You may need to add one or two fixes via BigBoss's repository (see FAQ for details).
    Last edited by psybert; 01-29-2008 at 10:09 PM.

2. The Following 29 Users Say Thank You to psybert For This Useful Post:

acidburn (01-26-2008), adrian1480 (01-26-2008), Ale_lock (01-27-2008), Andis Jackson (07-03-2008), Arcage (02-04-2008), bhz1 (02-02-2008), bigvaderb (01-27-2008), CrystalFire (01-26-2008), devon02 (01-26-2008), DirtyDan (01-29-2008), footballfanatic28 (02-01-2008), Geigerslave (02-04-2008), GodzillaAteMyiPhone (02-21-2008), irich25 (01-26-2008), Irishrule812 (01-26-2008), jgh735 (01-30-2008), julianqm2 (02-02-2008), KingCane (02-01-2008), LaZARuZ (01-27-2008), lostmimic (01-29-2008), malka_aria (01-29-2008), NGOPHUSAI (01-27-2008), optimusdarko (01-27-2008), pdogg626 (01-26-2008), PrplHaz4 (01-29-2008), rodeeze (01-28-2008), screamforme02 (01-28-2008), shyn320 (02-02-2008), sjthone (01-28-2008), staatsman (02-01-2008), t.storbeck (02-17-2008), techgirl (01-28-2008)

Thanks

I'm gonna be brave and give it a whirl. Nothing to lose.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    This may be a stupid question, but I have 1.1.1. If i update to 1.1.3 through Itunes, is there any way to just activate and use 1.1.3 w/o activating through Itunes? I have a non-iphone plan on AT&T that i don't want to lose. I swear all of this gets so much more complicated with every update.

Thanks

OP, you might want to add a step 0: Back your **** up!

Thanks

will this work with 1.1.2 with newer boot loader (4.6)? I have a OTB 1.1.2 upgraded to 1.1.3.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Sidetalker's Avatar
    Thanks

A very nice and comprehensive guide.
    For Help
    Private Message, Email, or AIM
    (My response time might be a little long)

GUIDES:
    Expect more when I find something guide-worthy.
    PM me and let me know if you need one.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have an iPhone purchased during launch. It currently has 1.1.3 on it and I tried to do the second step and restore to the 1.1.1 image and it immeadiately fails saying it cannot restore error (1). I dont seem to get the other errors people are getting after the restore attempt. I then just use independence to kick it back out. I'm running on leopard and iTunes 7.6. It seems like might be stuck on 1.1.3. Has anyone had problems trying to downgrade?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by uclexx View Post
    I have an iPhone purchased during launch. It currently has 1.1.3 on it and I tried to do the second step and restore to the 1.1.1 image and it immeadiately fails saying it cannot restore error (1). I dont seem to get the other errors people are getting after the restore attempt. I then just use independence to kick it back out. I'm running on leopard and iTunes 7.6. It seems like might be stuck on 1.1.3. Has anyone had problems trying to downgrade?
    follow the instructions to bring your phone into DFU recovery mode. Try it a couple times back to back if it fails.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Thank you for this guide! I've been waiting for this to do the JB, now I can! Thank you!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MOSHO92 For This Useful Post:

millchen (01-29-2008)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    hopefully this guide works, ive tried sidetalkers guide twice and it always give me the error : "You must install OKtoprep before tring to jailbreak 1.1.2. Which I made sure I installed it with installer.app by going to the unistall and seeing it there. Oh well hopefully this will work .

Thanks

do you have to restore in between each up/downgrade? pretty time-consuming process.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

still have same quirks and problems....no difference here....runnning otb 1.1.2 4.6 bootloader

iPhone? More like MyPhone Numberzz's Avatar
    Thanks

Nice guide, too bad I use a Mac and mine's already jailbroken! :P
    "Now everyone calm the hell down and let me think about how to clean up your mess, while you build me a monument dedicated to how awesome I am."

MacBook Pro + iPhone 3GS

Green Apple
    Thanks

but may work for any other carrier locked iPhones
    the lockdownd does not work for other carriers...puts you @ activation screen.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    well here i am and once again i get the same frekin error CRAP!

Green Apple
    Thanks

ok I need help what do you mean by

Got into your services.app and find out your phones IP address?

cause I can't seem to find the services.app on my iphone any where I download a service.app from installer but it does not tell me my iphone ip adresss plz help cause I am so close and I am stuck
    Last edited by jgdsl; 01-26-2008 at 03:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone bbplayer5's Avatar
    Thanks

Wont let me jailbreak 1.1.2... its telling me that I havent run octoprep.. but I did. Dont think this guide works.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    i am getting the same error with this guide and sidetalks guide.
    help!

21. The Following User Says Thank You to steve07x For This Useful Post:

emerica6708 (02-02-2008)

Thanks

Sorry. And excuse my ignorance. But I'm tired of read in the Hakint0sh forums that when you upgrade to 1.1.3 with iTunes (the procedure you explain here). The iPhone baseband is changed to the new one and is unlockable. And for this razon the currently 1.1.3 Jailbreak is an upgrade to prevent not re-write your baseband and if something fail you can bak to 1.1.2 version.

So how if I follow your guide and upgrade via iTunes to 1.1.3 and the process fail? How I want to unlock again my iPhone? is that reversible? I'm read that not jet and is only hardware unlockable.

Anybody here has traying this guide?

Hi Guys,

As I know. When you install Oktoprep and want to upgrade to 1.1.2 you need to Shift click UPDATE BUTTON not Shift + Restore this make the difference.

If you click Shif + Restore to upgrade to 1.1.2 Oktoprep fail on the ugrade.

Hope this is help all you guys.
    Last edited by jmerhi; 01-26-2008 at 04:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

I too am getting the 1.1.2 upgrade error where the jailbreak says it has not be prepped...but it has been.

I've done all the steps appropriately.

Edit: I may have done something wrong...trying again..
    Last edited by adrian1480; 01-26-2008 at 04:48 PM.