+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Dont know password / phone is disabled

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
Hello all =) I have a fully hacked 1.1.1 iphone and i am really happy w/ it=) Im trying to do it for a friend who has a iphone with
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Exclamation Dont know password / phone is disabled
    Hello all =)

I have a fully hacked 1.1.1 iphone and i am really happy w/ it=)

Im trying to do it for a friend who has a iphone with firmware 1.1.2 and he has forgot the password to get into his phone. It says to connect to itunes and only allows emergency calls. His computer crashed and itunes does not recognize it and gives a message

"cannot connect to iphone because it is locked with a password. you must enter password to use itunes"

what are my options? Is there a way to hard reset and reset all settings? I have held the power/home button for 10 seconds and still comes back to the same message.

Please help!

My iPhone is a Part of Me Sidetalker's Avatar
    Thanks

Here is what you do:

- Go to emergency call... type in *#306#
    - Your iPhone will call itself (it will look like an incoming call from either 1 or 0)
    - If it flashes then goes away, call the number 0
    - Answer the call from 1 or 0
    - Put the call on hold...you will get another call from 1 or 0
    - Decline the 2nd call, you will be booted to your contacts
    - Add a new contact (the name doesn't matter) and add a URL to their profile
    - The "URL" is prefs:
    - Save the profile and click on prefs:
    - You will be taken to your preferences
    - Go to General > Reset > Reset All Settings

This should work... Best of luck man and let me know how it goes
    For Help
    Private Message, Email, or AIM
    (My response time might be a little long)

GUIDES:
    Expect more when I find something guide-worthy.
    PM me and let me know if you need one.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Have you tried putting it into restore mode?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hello! I get the same iTunes error.....however I do know my password (I just can't input it). My slider is frozen..so I cannot unlock my phone. Plus the screen doesn't respond when I touch it to try to input anything at all! I can use the top slider to power the phone off....but it seems as if the bottom half of the screen is completely unresponsive. Is there a fix for this? I've searched everywhere, and tried tapping the home key twice before sliding...and have also tried resetting the phone many times. I get the apple logo...then I get the same screen telling me to enter my pass code. Due to the screen being unresponsive...I can't do anything. Please help!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sidetalker View Post
    Here is what you do:

- Go to emergency call... type in *#306#
    - Your iPhone will call itself (it will look like an incoming call from either 1 or 0)
    - If it flashes then goes away, call the number 0
    - Answer the call from 1 or 0
    - Put the call on hold...you will get another call from 1 or 0
    - Decline the 2nd call, you will be booted to your contacts
    - Add a new contact (the name doesn't matter) and add a URL to their profile
    - The "URL" is prefs:
    - Save the profile and click on prefs:
    - You will be taken to your preferences
    - Go to General > Reset > Reset All Settings

This should work... Best of luck man and let me know how it goes
    Hello! I get the same iTunes error.....however I do know my password (I just can't input it). My slider is frozen..so I cannot unlock my phone. Plus the screen doesn't respond when I touch it to try to input anything at all! I can use the top slider to power the phone off....but it seems as if the bottom half of the screen is completely unresponsive. Is there a fix for this? I've searched everywhere, and tried tapping the home key twice before sliding...and have also tried resetting the phone many times. I get the apple logo...then I get the same screen telling me to enter my pass code. Due to the screen being unresponsive...I can't do anything. Please help!!!
    Last edited by miesha621; 01-20-2008 at 09:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

If the screen is unresponsive, you're likely SOL and may need to visit the G Bar for an exchange.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Unresponsive bottom half of screen/frozen slider
    Hello! My nephew took his phone into an Apple store, and someone was going to assist him with this...but the moment they figured out that the phone had been hacked...they refused! There is a way to fix it...but I guess they'll only assist you if the iPhone has not been hacked. Is there anyone here who has any insight...who can assist me with this issue? Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by miesha621 View Post

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

there is no fix for unresponsive non slider. my friends iphone was untouched, still new, and would always freeze when u attempt to slide to unlock. it would power down fine tho. when he brought it in, they told him it was broken, and gave him a new one.

of course if your **** is hacked they wont help you lol.