+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Puk Code Problem!!!! (Jailbreak)

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
Hey, I had a jailbroken iphone 1.1.2 OTB and somehow entered a pin code wrong? (Dont know how!) The phone then kept on asking for the PUK code. To deal
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Unhappy Puk Code Problem!!!! (Jailbreak)
    Hey,
    I had a jailbroken iphone 1.1.2 OTB and somehow entered a pin code wrong? (Dont know how!)

The phone then kept on asking for the PUK code. To deal with this issue I stupidly tried to virginize my phone thinking this would solve it. I was in the process of jailbreaking again when I reached the

"Slide for emergency" screen with the following message:

"Puk Locked, Insert an unlocked and valid sim to activate iphone"

Dont know how serious this is, but could do with a bitta help.. (Ireland)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iphonaholic View Post
    Hey,
    I had a jailbroken iphone 1.1.2 OTB and somehow entered a pin code wrong? (Dont know how!)

The phone then kept on asking for the PUK code. To deal with this issue I stupidly tried to virginize my phone thinking this would solve it. I was in the process of jailbreaking again when I reached the

"Slide for emergency" screen with the following message:

"Puk Locked, Insert an unlocked and valid sim to activate iphone"

Dont know how serious this is, but could do with a bitta help.. (Ireland)
    PUK has nothing to do with your phone . Puk comes up when you have entered Wrong SIMPIN into your phone too many times (it useually asks you for the sim pin if you have it enabled , when your device is powering on ) You dont need to Restore the device . - Just call your cell phone service provider and they will give you the PUK code you should be Fine ..enter the code - it will prolly ask you to eneter a new pin (keep in mind this is your SIM PIN only nothing to do with thephone ) enter the new sim pin then it may ask you to reconferm ur sim pin enter the new pin again and it should give u accesss to your device

Now however if you have allreayd tried to put in the PUK too many times Your sim will Fry hence you will keep on getting the same Error msg again , if that has happened you will need a new sim card ....
    Last edited by jayc7176; 01-14-2008 at 05:36 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I did type in wrong codes and it said I required the puck code. (it wasnt necessary, just a warning)

I see now (JayC) that I didnt need to restore the iphone but I did it in the heat of things and it now doesnt let me carry out the jailbreak after successfully downgraded

p.s. maybe PUK's are still in contention here because I have my AT&T sim still in.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

ok hit me on yahoo -- jesse_cheema

or on gmail -google talk jessiecheema

i will walk u thru ...

what errors r u getting??

Use ur o2 sim... u b fine mate.......and do the jailbrk . oktoprep update jailbrk
    Last edited by jayc7176; 01-14-2008 at 10:09 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to jayc7176 For This Useful Post:

iphonaholic (01-15-2008)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Simple Solution ->

just put in DFU mode - restore to 1.1.1 f/w - jailbreak - octoprep - upgrade to 1.1.2 again, jailbreak 1.1.2, done !

LinkBacks (?)