+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Please...Please...Please help with jailbreak!!!

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
I cannot get jailbreak to work. I have followed the guide perfectly twice. I was getting stuck at rebooting iphone. Now I am getting stuck at Looking for iphone..USBMuxListenerCreate: No
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Unhappy Please...Please...Please help with jailbreak!!!
    I cannot get jailbreak to work. I have followed the guide perfectly twice. I was getting stuck at rebooting iphone. Now I am getting stuck at Looking for iphone..USBMuxListenerCreate: No error. I do not know what is wrong. It will no longer tell me to reset until connect to itunes appears. Itunes, Ituneshelper, and ipod service are all turned off. I am using windows vista on a laptop....Please Help Me!!! Thank you in advance to anyone who replies!

iPhone? More like MyPhone ToxicFTW's Avatar
    Thanks

The only thing I can think to do is make a new phonedmg folder, put all the things you need in it, and then when you are trying to jailbreak, hold the two buttons down for like 1 to 2 minutes just to be SURE that you are holding it down long enough. Thats what my problem was, I would only hold the buttons down until it said please connect to itunes. You have to hold it until it says "waiting for the iphone to boot up"

Hope this helps,

32GB iPod Touch 2nd Gen

Thanks

Hmmmm... Sounds like your problem would he with holding down the buttons not long enough. And if you start hanging at "booting iPhone", make sure you include both of the restore files, or ar least the earliest.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Thank you for your help and suggestions but it all is still not working. I am holding down the buttons until it says booting iphone. I also have both of the restore files in phonedmg. I really don't know what is going wrong...I guess I am going to have to wait until they come out with a theme program... However, any more suggestions are greatly appreciated!!!!! Thanks again,

Danielle

Green Apple
    Thanks

when i had the problem it was because ALL of the files need to be in the phonedmg folder itself. NOT in a subfolder. in my case, it was the iTunesMobileDevice.dll file. Make sure that nothing is in a subfolder, but rather REALLY messy in your phonedmg folder. you can clean it up later... hope that helps!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I finally got of to work...thanks everyone!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I'm also having problems with JAILBREAK...When i'm in the cmd mode i type in JAILBREAK and it says " jailbreak is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file",, I did as the instructions say...So please help let me know what i did wrong...Thanks

iPhone? More like MyPhone maXimus's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ~mike~ View Post
    I'm also having problems with JAILBREAK...When i'm in the cmd mode i type in JAILBREAK and it says " jailbreak is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file",, I did as the instructions say...So please help let me know what i did wrong...Thanks
    You should be at cphonedmg before typing "jailbreak" (as opposed to cusers\[your name]).

iPhone? More like MyPhone DoocesWild's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by daniellelutz View Post
    I finally got of to work...thanks everyone!!!
    What did you do? I'm having the same problem

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DoocesWild View Post
    What did you do? I'm having the same problem
    Make sure all files are in the cphonedmg folder. Take all files out of the sub-folders. That's usually the error. Good luck!

iPhone? More like MyPhone DoocesWild's Avatar
    Thanks

my directory is fine... Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DoocesWild View Post
    my directory is fine... Any other suggestions?
    Do a restore on your iPhone, delete and redownload all of your "phonedmg" files and start anew (again making sure that you don't leave any files in subfolders and also making sure that iTunesHelper is deactivated in "processes" in the Task Manager). Good luck!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    My problem was making sure all the sub directories were in the phonedmg folder...Once I did that, it worked fine.

Thanks

Default i did it step by step and..
    i open the itunes and i star to download something i will wait to see what happend...

i will post if is possitive..

thanks

Thanks
    when i type in jailbreak it tells me that jailbreak is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file

i tried everything over an over and can not get it to work i have windows vista an did everything step by step
    Last edited by brant8624; 08-26-2007 at 11:50 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost