Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Downgrading from 2.0 to 1.1.4

Default Downgrading from 2.0 to 1.1.4
    BigBoss has posted a method to which you can downgrade again. it can be fouund at the following link:

iPhone News & Review 2.0 to 1.1.4 Downgrade

Poseidon79: For those getting error 5 with bootneuter here is the link for the patched ziphone you will need to use to erase your 4.05 baseband: http://iphone-freak.com/de/page1/page1.html

For a PC Only Guide I wrote please look here: http://www.modmyi.com/forums/general...0-1-1-4-a.html
    Last edited by Poseidon79; 07-15-2008 at 03:21 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I am surprised, I was sure this was going to be a help I accidently upgraded, how do I downgrade.

At which point I was coming in here to post: "Idiot". Caught me off guard, and good find.

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Great info! Thanks BigBoss!

I uninstalled itunes 7.7 and installed 7.5 but when i try to restore it tells me there is no software for my ipone and to make sure im using the latest version of itunes. What should i do??

uGGGG

Quote Originally Posted by kristinaholmes View Post
    I uninstalled itunes 7.7 and installed 7.5 but when i try to restore it tells me there is no software for my ipone and to make sure im using the latest version of itunes. What should i do??
    Same With mine, says it requires The NEWEST version of Itunes

Just out of curiosity, does this downgrade work for the 3G iPhone or is this only for people who upgrade to the 2.0 firmware?

You have to download 1.1.4 onto your computer. Then when you go to restore hold down the shift button. It will bring up a screen for you to find where u saved 1.1.4 then click open. After that it will unlock the screen. I unlocked again but now it cant find my network so the phones not makin any calls or anything...so i cant help u past there.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

HEEEELLLLPPPP!!!

i have a 1.1.2 OTB 4.6 bootloader, i flashed it down to 3.9 with ziphone back in the day, i tried to upgrade to 2.0 official release but when i went to unlock with ziphone 3.0 it just got stuck on entering recovery mode, so i tried to go back to 1.1.4 using bigboss method (installing itunes 7.5 and then restoring to 1.1.4 but even when i tried that i got an error 20 still) so now i am completely stuck and dont know what to do!!!
    HEEELLPP please

Green Apple
    Thanks

I keep getting 1604 errors instead of anything around 1015, I've tried a few times even took my sim card out and restarted computer. Still same error.

Anyone got any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Sheraz150 View Post
    I keep getting 1604 errors instead of anything around 1015, I've tried a few times even took my sim card out and restarted computer. Still same error.

Anyone got any ideas?
    thats because your not in itunes 7.5....you have to google itunes 7.5 from a website other than itunes cause i couldnt find it there. After that you will get a 10...error message.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kristinaholmes View Post
    thats because your not in itunes 7.5....you have to google itunes 7.5 from a website other than itunes cause i couldnt find it there. After that you will get a 10...error message.
    Nah, I'm using Itunes 7.5. Sorry forgot to mention that.

It sucks being phoneless

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

You MUST be in DFU mode before you attempt to downgrade.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    You MUST be in DFU mode before you attempt to downgrade.
    Yup I'm in DFU mode everytime I attempt also. I get the 1604 error on my Mac. Tried on my PC and it says "waiting for iPod" whenever I go into DFU mode, weird stuff

go to installer and use the bootnueter app

I had the same problem (inadvertently upgraded with an unlocked iPhone.

So I found iClarified - iPhone - How to Downgrade Your 2.0 iPhone to 1.1.4

This helps quite well but I got stuck at the end and had to restore firmware with iLiberty and then unlock/activate with Ziphone.

I have lost a few days' data from the last sync on this computer but the main one I use is a Mac with all my up to date stuff. I will have to downgrade iTunes to 7.6 then re-sync.

The positives are that I have deleted a whole host of apps I had downloaded for fun and just haven't used!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

somebody explain this:
    >The file "iTunes library.itl" cannot be read beacuse it was created by a newer version of iTunes<

did remove newest version and instal 7.5, but when it supposed to open, this is what comes out??

Right, back at 1.1.4 now, but with 2.0 baseband.. Bootneuter dosnt work (error 5). So I can't use this as a phone

I'm having the same "No Signal" problems after downgrading from 2.0 to 1.1.4.
    I've spent HOURS today trying to fix the problem by trying everything I've been reading on various forums... I've tried using ZiPhone v2.5, winpwn, and iLiberty+... I've tried doing stuff to the bootthingy... I keep getting the 1015 Error... I just can't get any freaking signal... any advice or suggestions?
    Thanks, gang

I wrote up a guide for Mac users. I talked to BigBoss and crumpx and we nailed down the exact method you must use. I know BigBoss and crumpx have windows guides for this. You must delete the framework as well to allow itunes 7.5 to install and be able to downgrade. I would still wait for the new version of PwnageTool to come out, it will be safer to use.
    Last edited by exNavy; 07-13-2008 at 01:18 PM.
    Hmm...

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast