+ Reply
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Downgrading from 2.0 to 1.1.4

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
i bricked my phone by updating 2.0 didnt read the directions for the pwnage tool.. now i jus need to get my phone up and running... can someone please help
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i bricked my phone by updating 2.0 didnt read the directions for the pwnage tool.. now i jus need to get my phone up and running... can someone please help me

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by romantiko View Post
    im back to 1.1.4. opened bbinfo

firmware 4.03.13_g
    bootloader 3.9

are these correct?
    I'm a newbie myself, but i dont' think the above is correct (as i'm in the same boat)

I think with 1.1.4 you want firmware 04.04.05_G.

I'll be picking up a sim card later today to test my phone in the same 'condition' as yours... if it fails, which i believe it will, then i think i need to restore 1.1.4 again which will bring the firmware up to 4.04.05_g.

I'll try to update later today after i get the sim.

If anyone reading this can confirm/refute the above please say so.

UPDATE:
    I stand corrected...

I bought a sim card today just to make sure upgrading the baseband was necessary.

Put the TMobile card in and i have service! I called the iphone and it rang so i'm assuming all is well.

Can ANYONE COMMENT... should this work? (firmware 1.1.4 running baseband 4.03.13_G)

Is there any harm in running this firmware with an 'old' baseband? Would there be an advantage to upgrading the baseband at this point? I'd rather not have to restore my phone again (and risk bricking it) if it's not necessary.

Thanks!!

Romantiko i'd recommend getting a sim card ($10 from TMobile if in the states or borrow one from a friend to test). I'm not sure why this works (since the baseband doesn't match the firmware), but it appears to be working fine.
    Last edited by contactmypics; 08-05-2008 at 01:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Hi everyone. I'm new to the forum so sorry to ask a silly question, I'm a bit of a newbie, but...

What is the point in DOWNgrading from 2.0 to 1.1.4? Isn't 2.0 the version that comes with the iphone 3G with app store and cydia etc on it? I am trying to work out how to upgrade from 1.1.4 to 2.0 as part of a restore to fix glitches. Is this not recommended then?

Many thanks

Green Apple
    Thanks

different basebands provide different functions. your phone will work even if the BB is different from the one that comes with the firmware. but if you really want then a DFU restore will give you the correct BB for the firmware

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This is the stage I am at, but when I do a shift-restore, I can't search the app 1.1.4. iTunes tells me to upgrade. HELP

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Wooooooooeeeeeeee is me...

I successfully downgraded back to 1.1.1.4 but now my phone won't recognize my T-Mobile sim card (the one I was using before).

Any advice on this?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hi im trying to downgrade to 1.1.4 and im trying to install itunes 7.5 but when i try to run itunes i get a message saying (the file itunes.itl cannot be read because it was created by a newer version of itunes) help needed big time plz plz plz

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Just wanted to ask a simple question...

I never upgraded to 2.0 and am still on 1.1.4, so what sucks about 2.0 that people are downgrading?

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Not as many apps on Cydia and Installer.. no MMS capabilities
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hey guys I saw some videos about downgrading unlocking and JB with itunes 7.5 then ziphone to unlock and winpwn to upgrade back to 2.0. My problem is i cant down grade. I have 2.0.2 and when i use itunes 7.5 and shift restore and select 1.1.4 it extracts and then says i can not restore either error 1 or 5. I am in DFU mode so i am not sure what to do. Any suggestion would be great. Thanks

Sbighost i saw online that once you downgrade to 1.1.4 you use winpwn to upgrade back to a custom 2.0 On youtube Alfonsoelliot shows you in three steps in three seperate vids. It seems to work well i just cant get past the downgrading part. my phone just says cant restore.

Oh and dark galaxy go to my documents my music and the itunes folder the one that says itunes librbary and says data on the icon delete that. You will be able to open the new itunes 7.5 no prob it will not recognize you iphone like on 7.7 until you put the phone in dfu mode then iy will pop up on the screen .
    Last edited by texas1hh; 09-03-2008 at 11:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ok so totally new to this and have annoying questions but I did what you guys did and now its stuck in this weird version of recovery mode and the only thing I can do is call for, or more importantly, slide for emergency, dont really want to talk to the cops about the jailbreak unlocking I'm doing to the phone so what can I do to get it to go back to normal ?

PS my iphone is 8g

+ Reply
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456