+ Reply
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Downgrading from 2.0 to 1.1.4

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
So i think i'm nearly there just a little help to get my iphone back on the road to recovery. I have got to the point where i have re-loaded
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Nearly there
    So i think i'm nearly there just a little help to get my iphone back on the road to recovery. I have got to the point where i have re-loaded 1.1.4 i just seem to get stuck when i try to kick out of restore mode, i load winpwn but the button to pwning the device is not highlighted and will not let me enter, am i missing something? recieved error 1015 on the update which i believe is ok.
    Last edited by mtemps75; 07-14-2008 at 04:17 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Use iLiberty or iBrickr to kick the device out of recovery mode.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Poseidon79 For This Useful Post:

mtemps75 (07-14-2008)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Nice one
    ok so this worked using ibrick. i have now the origonal screen and itunes saying sim card not supported am i now ok to use ilibery to unlock etc? cheers Posiden for the response

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Anyone know what to do if I go to open up itunes 7.5 with my iphone hooked up and it says cannot use because the iphone requires version 7.7???

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

you need to down grade your phone to 1.1.4, follow the steps in the sticky

Thanks

I got 7.5 installed and was getting 1604 error too...after work tonight I'm going to try to do the Mobile Device Support stuff too....Hopefully it all works. Can't wait for Dev Team to get the 2.0 unlocked.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mtemps75 View Post
    you need to down grade your phone to 1.1.4, follow the steps in the sticky
    That's what I'm doing....

And you need 7.5 to do it. So based on the steps, I'm at the point where I need to get into 7.5 and the program won't let me. Did I miss something?

Edit: NVM got it working! Now hopefully everything else works too.

SWEET! Got the 1015 error.

Now if I kick it out of restore mode with Iliberty and then use Iliberty to jailbreak and unlock I should be good I hope.
    Last edited by Shakeshaft86; 07-14-2008 at 05:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

You are missing one step. You must erase your 4.05 baseband and then restore to 1.1.4 AGAIN. Download and install Kiphone and use iErase. KiPhone

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Poseidon79 For This Useful Post:

frankster200 (07-14-2008), mtemps75 (07-14-2008), Shakeshaft86 (07-14-2008)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Make sure in Kiphone you "tick" debug boot as well other wise it doesn't work

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    You are missing one step. You must erase your 4.05 baseband and then restore to 1.1.4 AGAIN. Download and install Kiphone and use iErase. KiPhone
    I just used this guide:

iClarified - iPhone - How to Unlock Your iPhone With WinPwn [Updated]

To do everything in winpwn.

So if I do the Kiphone portion now and then restore to my custom iphone winpwn setup will I be good?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NICE ONE!!!!!

I have my phone back after over 8 hours of trying (3 hours to complete Today) Thanks to all for help. it takes alot and the guide is missing alot of steps like the KiPhone. But if you prevail it will work...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Doing the Kiphone portion now.

How long is it gonna say Loading zibri.dat................................did I need to put it into DFU mode before running Kiphone?
    Last edited by Shakeshaft86; 07-14-2008 at 06:06 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

you don't need the phone if DFU, on the screen of the phone you should see it running through text, don't know the technical name for it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Just figured out you have to use Kiphone IMMEDIATELY after winpwn. It will work wonderfully and THEN you can go back and do the IPSW builder in winpwn.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have personally gotten bigboss' instruction to work. The KEY I will say again is DFU mode. If your screen has anything on it at all (like the iTunes logo) you are not in DFU mode. Your screen will be completely BLACK when iTunes says "iPhone detected in recovery mode, please restore." This will avoid error 20 and should give you error 1015 instead.

DFU steps for phone on 2.0:

* Attach the phone to the pc
    * Turn the phone off
    * Hold power and home together for *exactly* 10 seconds
    * Release power but keep holding home until the pc beeps as a USB device is recognized.
    * At no point will the display come on. Now your restore should work.

Now... after you get error 1015, boot your phone into normal mode with ibrickr or iLiberty. Then use KiPhone to iErase your 4.05.04 base band. Finally restore to 1.1.4 AGAIN to write the 4.04 base band. Download Kiphone here: KiPhone
    THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!! Your easy to follow guide helped me immensley - spent 6 hours last night trying to find out how to do this, your guide took approx 30 minutes and worked 1st time!!

Now I just need to remember not to let itunes do any updates

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shakeshaft86 View Post
    That's what I'm doing....

And you need 7.5 to do it. So based on the steps, I'm at the point where I need to get into 7.5 and the program won't let me. Did I miss something?

Edit: NVM got it working! Now hopefully everything else works too.

SWEET! Got the 1015 error.

Now if I kick it out of restore mode with Iliberty and then use Iliberty to jailbreak and unlock I should be good I hope.
    I love that were excited to get an error...just sounds funny.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Why are you guys downgrading the baseband. the simple unlock technique from the Dev team will unlock 04.05.04G baseband and it run on 1.1.4 better than the one with 1.1.4.

the eep and fls can be gotten from fw 5A331 beta 7 which can be extracted using Georges's extraction software.

it is not for the non initiated but if you have been brave enough to upgrade to firmware 2.0 why not give it a try?

Simple Unlock [iPhone Dev Team]

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have personally gotten bigboss' instruction to work. The KEY I will say again is DFU mode. If your screen has anything on it at all (like the iTunes logo) you are not in DFU mode. Your screen will be completely BLACK when iTunes says "iPhone detected in recovery mode, please restore." This will avoid error 20 and should give you error 1015 instead.

DFU steps for phone on 2.0:

* Attach the phone to the pc
    * Turn the phone off
    * Hold power and home together for *exactly* 10 seconds
    * Release power but keep holding home until the pc beeps as a USB device is recognized.
    * At no point will the display come on. Now your restore should work.

Now... after you get error 1015, boot your phone into normal mode with ibrickr or iLiberty. Then use KiPhone to iErase your 4.05.04 base band. Finally restore to 1.1.4 AGAIN to write the 4.04 base band. Download Kiphone here: KiPhone

i finally got it thanks Poseidon79.
    Code:

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Some can't work out and you say yes?
    Can you show us step by step how you restore your iphone back to v114 from v2.0? Thanks.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rick1123581322 View Post
    Why are you guys downgrading the baseband. the simple unlock technique from the Dev team will unlock 04.05.04G baseband and it run on 1.1.4 better than the one with 1.1.4.

the eep and fls can be gotten from fw 5A331 beta 7 which can be extracted using Georges's extraction software.

it is not for the non initiated but if you have been brave enough to upgrade to firmware 2.0 why not give it a try?

Simple Unlock [iPhone Dev Team]
    I remember reading somewhere that you will not be able to make calls/texts or you will only be able to go one way with them as in only be able to send texts but not recieve if you don't bring the baseband back where it belongs.

Quote Originally Posted by jmt888 View Post
    Some can't work out and you say yes?
    Can you show us step by step how you restore your iphone back to v114 from v2.0? Thanks.
    1.) Download iTunes 7.7 and do a restore
    2.) Uninstall iTunes 7.7 and reboot your comp
    3.) Install iTunes 7.5
    4.) Put phone in DFU mode based on the steps shown directly above in orange
    5.) Do a restore in iTunes 7.5 by shift clicking the restore button and then directing it to use 1.1.4 firmware which you can independently dl on the internet if you don't have it
    6.) You should get error 1015, click ok, but leave iTunes open
    7.) Open winpwn and pwn the phone
    8.) Use KiPhone and check downgrade baseband and debug boot. Then click start. Let it go through its cycle.
    9.) Go back into iTunes 7.5 and do another restore to 1.1.4 like you did already
    10.) Now you are back where you were with a fully functional 1.1.4 iPhone, for me since I have T-Mobile, at this point I went ahead and unlocked / jailbroke the phone and I was done. You can do this with Ziphone, iLiberty+, or winpwn

Those are all steps for windows of course.

NOW, can anyone explain to me what I need to donwload themes and other mods from the site and get them to my phone?
    Last edited by Shakeshaft86; 07-14-2008 at 11:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Shakeshaft86 For This Useful Post:

jmt888 (07-15-2008)