+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Stuck during jailbreak...

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
hi i am getting up to the part where i hold the 2 buttons down until it says please connect to itunes but then nothing happens on the pc when
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Stuck during jailbreak...
    hi i am getting up to the part where i hold the 2 buttons down until it says please connect to itunes but then nothing happens on the pc when i let go...even if i try holding it past that point....

iPhone? More like MyPhone ToxicFTW's Avatar
    Thanks

You should hold down the two buttons until it gets done saying "Sending items to iPhone" or something to that effect. Its a little bit longer than 25 seconds. Hope this helps.

32GB iPod Touch 2nd Gen

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Mine is stuck on "Booting Iphone" which is after "sending more files". Matt, did you mod yours before v1.01?
    I've held the buttons down until this message, i've even held them down for more than a minute. I haven't gotten past it yet and i think it has something to do with he restore file that was downloaded. I saw the screenshots of what to do, and my restore filename had a different version than the one in the screenshot.

Retired Moderator arthursdomain's Avatar
    Thanks

read this wiki
    ARTHURSDOMAIN
    ModMyI.com Apps Reviewer

Retired ModMyi.com Moderator

Follow me on twitter: twitter.com/laynem

Reviewed Apps:
    Oregon Trail, Who Has The Biggest Brain, Lock Puzzle, Tweetie

Want an app reviewed? PM me with the app name

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

happened to me as well, i have been told to unistall itunes, install in default settings, restart and make sure that itunes.exe and ituneshelper.exe are not working.. .and it worked.. try it..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by arthursdomain View Post
    read this wiki
    i read that already and followed step by step...still not working

Quote Originally Posted by Tomer View Post
    happened to me as well, i have been told to unistall itunes, install in default settings, restart and make sure that itunes.exe and ituneshelper.exe are not working.. .and it worked.. try it..
    what do you mean "install in default settings"?
    Last edited by nofinga911; 08-12-2007 at 01:21 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

same here guys, gets stuck at "booting iphone" it seems that the new phone update also blocked jailbreak. : \

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm having the same problem - i can't get past the reboot.I tried holding the buttons down for 5 minutes - but nothing on jailbreak.

I first updated my iphone with 1.0.1 and then tried using jailbreak. I'm wonder if its a 1.0.1 issue - is there any way to downgrade, perform jailbreak and then update to 1.0.1 again?

iPhone? More like MyPhone maXimus's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shivangp View Post
    I'm having the same problem - i can't get past the reboot.I tried holding the buttons down for 5 minutes - but nothing on jailbreak.

I first updated my iphone with 1.0.1 and then tried using jailbreak. I'm wonder if its a 1.0.1 issue - is there any way to downgrade, perform jailbreak and then update to 1.0.1 again?
    Make sure iTuneshelper is not running in processes (Task Manager). Turn off and on the phone AND the computer before attempting again. You can also try clearing out your phonedmg folder and downloading everything again. I have heard of people having success doing that. Good luck!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by maXimus View Post
    Make sure iTuneshelper is not running in processes (Task Manager). Turn off and on the phone AND the computer before attempting again. You can also try clearing out your phonedmg folder and downloading everything again. I have heard of people having success doing that. Good luck!
    I killed all itunes related processes including applediscoverservice. I delete my phonedmg directory and redownloaded everything. I rebooted my machine and iPhone, still nothing comes up. I've also tried uninstall and reinstalling iTunes and doing a restore but with no luck.

I've tried it on two different machines, I've been following the steps in the wiki - is there something I'm missing?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

just install it, thats what i mean
    press next > all the time