Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I got the iPhone! Where do i start? HELP PLS

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default I got the iPhone! Where do i start? HELP PLS
    Well I got my iPhone on Sunday and so far i love it, but i want to customize it much more, i want more apps and custom ringtones and such.

Well I've read multiple guides around the net and I'm not sure where to start.
    I don't wanna screw up my iPhone! I have 1.1.2 and don't completely understand jailbreak and such, please help.

The guides on this site are very helpful. As well as the search function up on the top right corner.

http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

The guides will show you what to do to get started modding and what programs to get for your PC.

And jailbrake is just a term used to say that your phone is open to be modified.

Have fun and use search a lot, it is your best friend.
    2.2 pwned!!

Thanks

Okay well i already looked at the guides section, all i want to do is add apps to my 1.1.2 iPhone. There's only stuff about unlocking it and jailbreaking it on OS X. I have AT&T and EVERYTHING works on the phone i just want to add apps and mod th ephone. If you could just point me to the right guide that would be great!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

start reading the jailbreaking procedure, if u think u can do it. go for it

Thanks

I know i can do it, i'm a seasoned modder. I'm new to the iPhone though. I don't know which guide i should use though. I have a legit AT&T activated iPhone and i just want to jailbreak it. Just to let you guys know the guides section kinda sucks, no offense. I can't find the right guide.

I think all you need is download the jailbreak 1.1.2 software and run that on your pc.

I'm in the same boat as this guy. I see all these things to use but not sure where i'm supposed to start? Maybe its a little overwhelming since i jus got my iphone. But i cant find a single thing on where i'm supposed to start on a basic hack/mod/jailbreak my iphone. i have a legit at&t account. Jus not sure where to start to customize my phone and get started? Any links would be awesome. I cant find the "guides" you guys talk about? Thanks and yes i'm a newb at this since i jus got my iphone sat.

No one takes offense that you think the guide section sucks, it's just that many people would strongly disargee with you.

Okay but now that I look at the guides there isn't one that specifically tells you what you should do.

So... follow this guide to downgrade to 1.1.1.
    http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/Get...g_OS_X_current
    I know it says osx but that is only if you need to activate the phone without att and itunes. When the restore is finished you dont have to activate it again because your itunes will do that for you since you have a fully activated att iphone.

Then once you have 1.1.1 firmware connect to wifi and go to jailbreakme.com in the safari browser on your iphone and let that do all the magic for you. It will jailbreak the phone and install "installer.app" which is the app that most of use use for installing third party apps.

After that you should be set to add apps from Installer.app.

And one more thing, if you want to upgrade back to 1.1.2 you can do that, but in my opinion there is no real need. I haven't yet, and I think the phone works fine with 1.1.1.

I hope that made sense.
    2.2 pwned!!

Thanks

Well, after lots of reading(Which i hate to do) i figured it out! I followed part of one guide and then had iDemocracy 2.0 do the rest so heres the steps:

First off what you need to download:
    1.1.1 Firmware - here
    iDemocracy 2.0 - here
    iBrickr - here

Now go to where it say
    The Process (1.1.2 Out of Box):
    Then just follow steps 1 through 4

You reason you need to do this is because you need to put OktoPrep on the phone in order to use iDemocracy 2.

you don't need to do step 5, now all that is necessary is to use iDemocracy, the process is pretty self explanitory from this point.

FINALLY: Just enjoy!

Thanks to Sidetalker for his guide, it was a lot of help.