+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Upgrading to new version or removing jailbreak

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
Ok so im not on the up and up with how/why phones get bricked, but if I for some reason wanted to, can I remove the jailbreak and installer and
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Upgrading to new version or removing jailbreak
    Ok so im not on the up and up with how/why phones get bricked, but if I for some reason wanted to, can I remove the jailbreak and installer and everything so my iphone goes back to the way it was? and...if they release 1.1.3 soon, can I update it even if its not been hacked....? What i mean to say is can i update to 1.1.3 and use it just like a standard iphone without it getting all "bricked" or locked or whatever. Hope thats not too confusing lol. Thanks

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Nashville, TN- Vanderbilt University School of Medicine
    Thanks

As long as you havent "unlocked" your phone to work with an unsupported phone carrier, u will be fine.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Im using a valid itunes activated ATT Sim card and just went to the jailbreakme website and all that and just use the installer app and never did the anysim so i dont really know if its actually unlocked but im using the original sim so im ok right? And can i restore it to 1.1.2 so its back to factory default and no mods?