+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I want to get rid of Jailbreak, how?

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
i cracked my screen, and i need to restore it back to an un-jailbroken firmware. b/c i certainly dont want to take it to apple, have it make the mario
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default I want to get rid of Jailbreak, how?
    i cracked my screen, and i need to restore it back to an un-jailbroken firmware. b/c i certainly dont want to take it to apple, have it make the mario jump sound when they unlock it. cause i hear they will promptly brick it.

so i plugged in the iphone to itunes, and clicked restore. i had to download the new firmware, but i dont want it to brick when it upgrades(i heard it does that)

can anyone confirm this? i just wanna get it back to normal so i can get the screen fixed. plus, i dunno if the jailbreak might be cause of this, but my speakers didnt work for a whole day yesterday, then i plugged in my headphones for a while, then it worked. wth?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

If you do a restore instead of an update, you wont brick anything

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Donald.Brown01 View Post
    If you do a restore instead of an update, you wont brick anything
    but what if when i clicked Restore it asks "Back up or Not to Back Up". Then the next window says Update and Restore or Update. i clicked Update and restore, and downloaded the new firmware, but i was afraid to do it in fear of not having my phone.

Thanks

Restore it, not update you'll be fine unless you unlocked it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DoerrFan View Post
    Restore it, not update you'll be fine unless you unlocked it.
    like i said in the previous message, my itunes didnt give me an option to JUST RESTORE. it said UPDATE AND RESTORE, or just UPDATE.

im running Mac OSX 10.4.9, firmware on phone is 1.1.1

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

1.get the 1.1.1 firmware from the download section.
    2.put your iPhone in DFU/recovery mode.
    3.and use the option+restore method to restore. select the 1.1.1 firmware which you downloaded and saved from step 1.

1.get the 1.1.1 firmware from the download section.
    2.put your iPhone in DFU/recovery mode.
    3.and use the option+restore method to restore. select the 1.1.1 firmware which you downloaded and saved from step 1.
    Last edited by jmeelo; 12-03-2007 at 01:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

so how do I get it into recovery mode? Its not the same thing it use to be. Cause i tried that.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Putting iPhone in DFU/recovery mode: With the iPhone already powered on press & hold the power/sleep and home button for about 10 seconds, your iPhone screen should have turned black and is no longer recognized by your PC. Once it is unrecognized only let go of the power/sleep button while still holding down the home button for a few more seconds until your PC recognizes it again it recovery mode.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

alright, i got it restored. but i have a problem now. it still shows my modded name at the top next to the signal bar. i put my name in there when i had it modded. how did it stay there after the restore??? i cant take it to the store like this, they will lock it. help

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

alright, i got it restored. but i have a problem now. it still shows my modded name at the top next to the signal bar. i put my name in there when i had it modded. how did it stay there after the restore??? i cant take it to the store like this, they will lock it. help