View Poll Results: OKTOPREP, 1.1.2, & IPSF

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • To to update

9 81.82%
  • NOT ok to update

2 18.18%

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.1.1 Oktoprep / IPSF

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default 1.1.1 Oktoprep / IPSF
    So I would like to know how safe it is to use the Oktoprep application in Installer and the Jailbreak 1.1.2 ReadMe on an uplocked iPhone who used iPhoneSIMFree back at 1.0.2 to unlock. I am currently with an unlocked iPhone at 1.1.1 with the JailBreak 1.1.2 folder on my desktop. I also am running a Mac.

Please, a quick response would be nice.

I would be following this guide as well as the README to unlock and activate - [GUIDE] Jailbreak + Activation 1.1.2 for IPSF only - ModMyI.com - Apple iPhone forum, iPhone hacking, iPhone mods, and more

Thanks

You really need a poll for this? Just follow the guide

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cWanja View Post
    So I would like to know how safe it is to use the Oktoprep application in Installer and the Jailbreak 1.1.2 ReadMe on an uplocked iPhone who used iPhoneSIMFree back at 1.0.2 to unlock. I am currently with an unlocked iPhone at 1.1.1 with the JailBreak 1.1.2 folder on my desktop. I also am running a Mac. [/URL]
    Yes, it's safe. I upgraded couple of night ago from unlocked (through IPSF) 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 and the unlock remained. Used jailbreak.jar and everything is peachy. Make sure to install OKtoPrep and UPDATE to 1.1.2, don't restore.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    Yes, it's safe. I upgraded couple of night ago from unlocked (through IPSF) 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 and the unlock remained. Used jailbreak.jar and everything is peachy. Make sure to install OKtoPrep and UPDATE to 1.1.2, don't restore.
    When you upgrade using this method, do you still lose all your installed programs?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SupahDave View Post
    When you upgrade using this method, do you still lose all your installed programs?
    Let's say, sort of. All the programs remain, however the .plists are overwritten so the iPhone can't see them anymore. I just deleted and re-installed them.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

You can't just backup the .plists and then dump them back in via ssh after the upgrade?
    Last edited by SupahDave; 11-28-2007 at 08:50 AM.