View Poll Results: OKTOPREP, 1.1.2, & IPSF

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • To to update

    9 81.82%
  • NOT ok to update

    2 18.18%
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: 1.1.1 Oktoprep / IPSF

  1. #1
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    194
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 21 Times in 15 Posts

    Default 1.1.1 Oktoprep / IPSF
    So I would like to know how safe it is to use the Oktoprep application in Installer and the Jailbreak 1.1.2 ReadMe on an uplocked iPhone who used iPhoneSIMFree back at 1.0.2 to unlock. I am currently with an unlocked iPhone at 1.1.1 with the JailBreak 1.1.2 folder on my desktop. I also am running a Mac.

    Please, a quick response would be nice.

    I would be following this guide as well as the README to unlock and activate - [GUIDE] Jailbreak + Activation 1.1.2 for IPSF only - ModMyI.com - Apple iPhone forum, iPhone hacking, iPhone mods, and more

  2. #2

  3. #3
    Livin the iPhone Life redcard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Scotchland
    Posts
    2,143
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 204 Times in 184 Posts

    You really need a poll for this? Just follow the guide

  4. #4
    Livin the iPhone Life Eurisko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    3,308
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 562 Times in 483 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by cWanja View Post
    So I would like to know how safe it is to use the Oktoprep application in Installer and the Jailbreak 1.1.2 ReadMe on an uplocked iPhone who used iPhoneSIMFree back at 1.0.2 to unlock. I am currently with an unlocked iPhone at 1.1.1 with the JailBreak 1.1.2 folder on my desktop. I also am running a Mac. [/URL]
    Yes, it's safe. I upgraded couple of night ago from unlocked (through IPSF) 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 and the unlock remained. Used jailbreak.jar and everything is peachy. Make sure to install OKtoPrep and UPDATE to 1.1.2, don't restore.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    Yes, it's safe. I upgraded couple of night ago from unlocked (through IPSF) 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 and the unlock remained. Used jailbreak.jar and everything is peachy. Make sure to install OKtoPrep and UPDATE to 1.1.2, don't restore.
    When you upgrade using this method, do you still lose all your installed programs?

  6. #6
    Livin the iPhone Life Eurisko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    3,308
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 562 Times in 483 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by SupahDave View Post
    When you upgrade using this method, do you still lose all your installed programs?
    Let's say, sort of. All the programs remain, however the .plists are overwritten so the iPhone can't see them anymore. I just deleted and re-installed them.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

  7. #7
    You can't just backup the .plists and then dump them back in via ssh after the upgrade?
    Last edited by SupahDave; 11-28-2007 at 08:50 AM.

  8. #8

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •