+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone Mod Newbie

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
There is a lot of information to take in. but i gather with Idemocracy the proceeds are simplified.. Ok here is what i got Firmware Ver 1.1.2 ( i upgraded
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Iphone Mod Newbie
    There is a lot of information to take in. but i gather with Idemocracy the proceeds are simplified..
    Ok here is what i got

Firmware Ver 1.1.2 ( i upgraded after buying the phone nov 17th)
    Modem Firmware is 04.02.13_G

I dont care about unlocking as i have already activated with AT&T.
    I want to add applications to the ipphone.. I assume that would be called jailbreaking..

I have download Idemocracy which i am still unsure i will need.
    I assume this application will only work with the 1.1.1 firmware rev.
    which i have download and complete shortly...

my question is...whats next? what else would be need to install application onto my iphone...

can someone point me in the right direction? im sure there is a previous posting on this subject and will continue to browse.. any info would be appreciated

Thanks

IDem. is a very useful utility and it can do many things. However I didn't use that software when I jailbroke my iphone due to the fact it wasn't released yet. Essentially you need to download a 1.1.1 restore image from this site, or apple. Next, use iTunes to downgrade the softare from 1.1.2 to 1.1.1. You get an error after the restore which can simply be fixed using iBrickr. Then you install okteoprep and jailbreak the phone and then use iTunes to upgrade. I followed the guide by "reppin" that can be found my searching the Upgrading/Downgrading/Jailbreaking part of this site. The guide worked great for me, with 100% no errors. Hope that this helps!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Ok so using the jailbreak method within idemocracy i downgraded my firmware to 1.1.1
    I recieved an error code of 1015 and my iPhone showed the iTunes icon and a white wire. thereafter i ran the apptapp installer but after a few seconds recieved an error stating sending to iphone failed when doing the apptapp

however the iphone is at the activation screen....

now what?