+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Accidentally upgraded to 1.1.2? Here's a free solution!

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
Accidentally upgraded to 1.1.2? Here's a free solution! This tutorial written up for iPhoneUnlockAustralia. It may NOT be copied or redistributed. Please read: This tutorial is for the Windows Operating
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thumbs up Accidentally upgraded to 1.1.2? Here's a free solution!
    Accidentally upgraded to 1.1.2? Here's a free solution!

This tutorial written up for iPhoneUnlockAustralia. It may NOT be copied or redistributed.

Please read:

This tutorial is for the Windows Operating System ONLY.

This tutorial is for iPhones on 1.1.2 that were upgraded ONLY. This is not suitable for brand new iPhones on 1.1.2

Ready? Let's go.

Download the pack below:

http://rapidshare.com/files/70039433...2_Complete.rar

Start by plugging your iPhone into iTunes in restore mode (hold home and sleep buttons for 10 seconds, then release the sleep button)

iTunes will recognise it right away. You will see a restore button. Hold shift and click restore. Navigate to your 1.1.1 firmware file.

Let it restore and eventually you will get a "Unknown error occurred" (1015). Now you have a 1.1.1 iPhone with the 1.1.2 modem firmware.

Now you need to enter DFU mode. Best solution is to use iBrickr. You have to hold home and sleep buttons and when the screen turns black let go of sleep and keep holding home. iTunes will recognisze this and you will shift+click restore and navigate to 1.0.2 firmware files. Let it restore and you will get a "Unknown error occurred" (1013) and the yellow triange should pop up.

Now click wiNstallerGUI from the package downloaded above. Click activate and it should activate the phone as well as jailbreak it. Then hit install application and navigate to the installer.app folder inside the first wiNstaller folder in the downloaded pack. You should now have a 1.0.2 phone still with the 1.1.2 modem firmware but is now activated, jailbroken, and you have installer installed.

Tap installer and update it. Install Community Sources, than BSD Subsystem, and than OpenSSH. Install WinSCP and click it. Connect to the internet on your iphone through Wi-Fi and than click the blue arrow next to it and write down the IP. In WinSCP for the host name type in your IP for username type root and for password type dottie. Change file protocal to SCP.

Navigate to /usr/bin which is in the root of the phone which looks like this: /

Transfer all the files in the Baseband folder into /usr/bin

Close WinSCP and open putty. Type in your IP again into hostname and click ok. Type in root and the when it asks for the password type dottie (you wont see the letters when you type, but I assure you, you are typing.)

Type this into putty and hit enter after each line. Capitals matter.

launchctl unload /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist

cd /usr/bin

chmod +x ieraser

chmod +x bbupdater

ieraser

bbupdater -v

bbupdater -f *.fls -e *.eep

After a 2-3 minute wait it should be done. Now type:

bbupdater -v

It should show 3.14_08

Now restore to 1.0.2 (just a refresh to get rid of unwanted files)
    Then restore to 1.1.1 and continue on with the jailbreak unlock process. (Search for it yourself, or we can do it for you)

Woo hoo! You now have a 1.1.1 iPhone, downgraded from the accidental 1.1.2 upgrade - easy wasn't it?

I found this information and here it is for every one who needs it. It worked great for me.

Don forget to say thanks!
    Last edited by jcarlosdlt; 11-26-2007 at 03:30 PM. Reason: forgot to write some thing else

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to jcarlosdlt For This Useful Post:

abc12345 (11-30-2007), BECKY0717 (11-23-2007), denik (11-24-2007), jrut24 (11-21-2007), jthspace (11-25-2007), mariomejias (11-21-2007), nameghino (12-01-2007), psmashio (11-26-2007), shaquk (11-24-2007), Sharma12 (11-21-2007), trynedzad (11-20-2007), tuhin192 (01-15-2008)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

cool it's work great on my iPhone

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Wow dude, thanks for posting this, helped me out tons!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I am confused on the second step "Now you need to enter DFU mode. Best solution is to use iBrickr.".

I have an iPhone that was upgraded to 1.1.2. I did the first step and successfully restored to 1.1.1 and got the 1015 message. At this point my phone has the cd and cable picture on the screen and appears to only be able to be in this recovery mode.

I try to do the restore again with 1.0.2 and get an error that says it cannot be restored. I am obviously missing the step for iBrickr but there are no details for this step.

Thanks!

Thanks

You don't need ibrickr. just get your phone into DFU mode by holding the sleep and home buttons, your screen will stay black, but itunes will recognise your phone being in restore mode

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Update, I downloaded and ran the iBrickr software. I get the red screen and then the phone boots and iBrickr says I have a phone on version 1.1.1 and all that jazz.

I follow to the next step and pick my 1.0.2 firmware (downloaded from this site) and after it extracts the files it says it cant update the firmware. I'm going to try redownloading the file from here, and iBrickr also has an option to downgrade to 1.0.2 I may try that as well.

Thanks for any tips!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jcarlosdlt View Post
    Accidentally upgraded to 1.1.2? Here's a free solution!

This tutorial written up for iPhoneUnlockAustralia. It may NOT be copied or redistributed.

Please read:

This tutorial is for the Windows Operating System ONLY.

This tutorial is for iPhones on 1.1.2 that were upgraded ONLY. This is not suitable for brand new iPhones on 1.1.2

Ready? Let's go.

Download the pack below:

http://rapidshare.com/files/69553412...2_Complete.rar

Start by plugging your iPhone into iTunes in restore mode (hold home and sleep buttons for 10 seconds, then release the sleep button)

iTunes will recognise it right away. You will see a restore button. Hold shift and click restore. Navigate to your 1.1.1 firmware file.

Let it restore and eventually you will get a "Unknown error occurred" (1015). Now you have a 1.1.1 iPhone with the 1.1.2 modem firmware.

Now you need to enter DFU mode. Best solution is to use iBrickr. You have to hold home and sleep buttons and when the screen turns black let go of sleep and keep holding home. iTunes will recognisze this and you will shift+click restore and navigate to 1.0.2 firmware files. Let it restore and you will get a "Unknown error occurred" (1013) and the yellow triange should pop up.

Now click wiNstallerGUI from the package downloaded above. Click activate and it should activate the phone as well as jailbreak it. Then hit install application and navigate to the installer.app folder inside the first wiNstaller folder in the downloaded pack. You should now have a 1.0.2 phone still with the 1.1.2 modem firmware but is now activated, jailbroken, and you have installer installed.

Tap installer and update it. Install Community Sources, than BSD Subsystem, and than OpenSSH. Install WinSCP and click it. Connect to the internet on your iphone through Wi-Fi and than click the blue arrow next to it and write down the IP. In WinSCP for the host name type in your IP for username type root and for password type dottie. Change file protocal to SCP.

Navigate to /usr/bin which is in the root of the phone which looks like this: /

Transfer all the files in the Baseband folder into /usr/bin

Close WinSCP and open putty. Type in your IP again into hostname and click ok. Type in root and the when it asks for the password type dottie (you wont see the letters when you type, but I assure you, you are typing.)

Type this into putty and hit enter after each line. Capitals matter.

launchctl unload /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist

cd /usr/bin

chmod +x ieraser

chmod +x bbupdater

ieraser

bbupdater -v

bbupdater -f *.fls -e *.eep

After a 2-3 minute wait it should be done. Now type:

bbupdater -v

It should show 3.14_08

Now restore to 1.0.2 (just a refresh to get rid of unwanted files)
    Then restore to 1.1.1 and continue on with the jailbreak unlock process. (Search for it yourself, or we can do it for you)

Woo hoo! You now have a 1.1.1 iPhone, downgraded from the accidental 1.1.2 upgrade - easy wasn't it?

I found this information and here it is for every one who needs it. It worked great for me.

Don forget to say thanks!
    i just tried the process and IT WORKS!!!!!!

you are da man........thanks alot......

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pcm2a View Post
    Update, I downloaded and ran the iBrickr software. I get the red screen and then the phone boots and iBrickr says I have a phone on version 1.1.1 and all that jazz.

I follow to the next step and pick my 1.0.2 firmware (downloaded from this site) and after it extracts the files it says it cant update the firmware. I'm going to try redownloading the file from here, and iBrickr also has an option to downgrade to 1.0.2 I may try that as well.

Thanks for any tips!

Downgrade via ibrickr

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I did the downgrade via Brickr and that worked, fantastic! I did the WinSCP and sSH steps and all has gone well. I am now on the last step that says to restore to 1.0.2 then 1.1.1. I have switched into restore mode and in iTunes picked to restore to 1.0.2 and it has currently been at the Restoring Iphone Software bar for about 20 minutes and is one notch into the bar. I assume it has locked up :-( any ideas?

I assume once I get back to 1.1.1 I can just use jailbreakme.com to install the app program and to activate the phone again?

Update, I reset the phone and was able to do the 1.0.2 restore again and it was successfull this time, whew.
    It is currently working on the 1.1.1 restore.
    Last edited by pcm2a; 11-21-2007 at 03:12 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I had phone with 1.1.1 FW and I unlocked that and then I upgraded to 1.1.2 and tried to unlock that with anySim (elite team version). It f***ed up everything. And I tried almost all possible solution, but THIS ONE HELPED ME.

Thank you!!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

thanks a million ton.....finally my phone is working

iPhone? More like MyPhone wannagotopopeyes's Avatar
    Thanks

So I can get down to 1.0.2 FW, but nothing seems to want to activate it! winstaller and ibrickr dont work! and neither does independence or iDemocracy. anyone know what to do?? should i use an AT&T sim card? i have tmobile.
    HELP
    i LOVE apple.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i had an unlocked iphone version 1.1.1 and updated to 1.1.2 by accident and now i downgraded it back to 1.02 and used ieraser to virginize the iphone but in the process i have lost wifi completely and it says no wifi all the time.
    i type bbupdater -v and gives me the error baseband unresponsive to pinging

what shoud i do?
    also from time to time it says on my screen
    Repair Needed. Your iphone cannot make or receive phone calls.

i am currently using at&t and unlocked just for the heck of it.
    please help

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

When i write on putty i see:

"# launchctl unload /System/Library/LaunchDeamons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist
    launchctl: Couldn't stat("/System/Library/LaunchDeamons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist"): No such file or directory
    nothing found to unload

anybody help me plz

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin888 View Post
    When i write on putty i see:

"# launchctl unload /System/Library/LaunchDeamons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist
    launchctl: Couldn't stat("/System/Library/LaunchDeamons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist"): No such file or directory
    nothing found to unload

anybody help me plz

type in this instead..

launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

not help ! any other idea?

# launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchDeamons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist
    nothing found to unload

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

typo error, Daemons not Deamons

Green Apple
    Thanks

Thank You Very Much...... Ur The Best...... This Relly Works..... But I Have No Wi-fi.... It Say No Wi-fi(i Used Mobile Teminal On The Phone ) But Every Things Eles Works..... Thx...

Green Apple
    Thanks
    i had the same issue with the unresponsive baseband pinging. If you continue to type in the next command line, the pinging will work when you check the baseband again (after the 2-3 min wait)

absolutely fabulous mate! I spent hours trying to figure out how to revert my accidental upgrade, and nobody could help me. Definitely the biggest help i received so far. Thanks again. It felt strange going back to a normal phone today after using the iphone for two months.
    Last edited by shaquk; 11-24-2007 at 07:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Wow this guide somehow seems really similar to mine.. hmm even with my rapidshare files..
    Maybe he stole it?

If you want a more detailed guide out check:
    Guide of How I Downgraded from 1.1.2 < 1.1.1

Happy Downgrading and Modding!

Zach