Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: jailbreak/iphone interface issues

Default jailbreak/iphone interface issues
    Hey all,

I followed the modding on windows guide 101.
    Jailbreak completes without error.
    When I go into iphoneinterface and "putfile" anything on to the phone, i get a result of "1".

The problem is that after the file goes on, if I do an ls, the directory appears empty.

Also, earlier in jailbreak, I was getting an error "USBMuxListenerCreate: No error" after the "looking for iphone line"

This disappeared but I wonder what itmeans?

Anyone have and idea why?

Quote Originally Posted by andykanyer View Post
    Hey all,

I followed the modding on windows guide 101.
    Jailbreak completes without error.
    When I go into iphoneinterface and "putfile" anything on to the phone, i get a result of "1".

The problem is that after the file goes on, if I do an ls, the directory appears empty.

Also, earlier in jailbreak, I was getting an error "USBMuxListenerCreate: No error" after the "looking for iphone line"

This disappeared but I wonder what itmeans?

Anyone have and idea why?
    thats a strange error message. can you tell me what your trying to putfile and if you can copy and paste the command window into a post it may help.

it could very well be that your jailbreak messed up somehow.
    ARTHURSDOMAIN
    ModMyI.com Apps Reviewer

Retired ModMyi.com Moderator

Follow me on twitter: twitter.com/laynem

Reviewed Apps:
    Oregon Trail, Who Has The Biggest Brain, Lock Puzzle, Tweetie

Want an app reviewed? PM me with the app name

when you get a result of 1 it means that 1 file has been copied. If you wanna copy files to the iphone without using iphoneinterface, use manzana its pretty much a drag and drop to the right directory, make sure that you dete the file that you wanna change first and then drop the new file there.

Quote Originally Posted by andykanyer View Post
    I got the same error message when I was first attempting to Jailbreak my phone. I didn't have iTunes installed but once I installed iTunes the error went away so I'm guessing for some reason jailbreak couldn't communicate with the phone, drivers maybe? Just a shot in the dark. Hope that helps
    Last edited by n0dn4rb; 09-05-2007 at 02:47 PM.