Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: (Guide) How To Easily Jailbreak 1.1.2 (Windows) NO PROBLEMS!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default (Guide) How To Easily Jailbreak 1.1.2 (Windows) NO PROBLEMS!!!
    I am making this thread do to confusion (I myself was very confused). Just Follow the steps listed below and you should be OK.

This is for JAILBREAKING only!!!

Downloads You Need/What You Need

-Running windows (I have XP)

-Firmware 1.1.1 (http://modmyi.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=1355)

-Ibrickr v0.91 (http://ibrickr.com/downloads/ibrickr_v0.91.zip)

-1.1.2 Jailbreak software (http://conceitedsoftware.com/iphone/site/112jb.html)

-WinRAR (http://www.download.com/3000-2250-10007677.html)(this is what I have atleast)

-Wifi Connection (I do not have one so I went to a hotspot area such as starbucks)

Step 1: If you are on this step you have firmware 1.1.2 and want to downgrade to 1.1.1 (if you do not then upgrade to 1.1.2 then proceed). Ok now first connect your iPhone, once it comes up to iTunes hold SHIFT and click the RESTORE button and then navigate to the firmware 1.1.1 (Download Here http://modmyi.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=1355). Now wait for it to unpack/Restore ect.........
    After everything has finished and error "1015" should pop up (Do NOT worry about this just click ok). Now run iBrickr and u can choose from the following options: 1)Boot iPhone or 2)Proceed to download 1.0.2
    Click OPTION #1 which is boot the iPhone.

Step 2: If you are on this step you are downgrading to 1.1.1 and have clicked the "BOOT iPhone" button on iBrickr. Now after you have done this your iPhone should boot, when iTunes comes up it will ask you to download back up activation ect......
    After everything has finished you should have firmware 1.1.1 and have "NO SERVICE" on your iPhone (DO NOT WORRY PROCEED TO THE NEXT STEPS)

Step 3: If you are on this step you have firmware 1.1.1 and dont have any services such as the phone. Know you have to connect to your wifi connection(I myself do not have a wifi connection so I just went to a local starbucks), once you have done this visit: (Jailbreakme.com). After you have done this scroll to the bottom and click the "Install AppSnapp" Button
    now your safari brower should crash and a hud should pop up and show you the status of the download (note that if the hud image does not come up after the safari crashes repeat the process until it does). After it has finished your iPhone should reboot and you will have the Intaller app.

Step 4: If you are on this step you have jailbreaked firmware 1.1.1(KEEP IN MIND THE PHONE STILL DOES NOT WORK), now go to the installer app and download "Oktoprep"
    Once you have done this connect your iPhone to iTunes and press the "UPGRADE" button, now your iPhone will go to the process of upgrading ect.......(U can hold shift and use the firmware 1.1.2 from this site or u can have iTunes automaticly get for u by simply clicking update, DO NOT CLICK RESTORE OR "SHIFT" + RESTORE!!)

Step 5: If you are on this step you now have firmware 1.1.2 and have installed "Oktoprep" from version 1.1.1(NOTE THAT THE INSTALLER APP WONT BE THERE AFTER THE iPhone BOOTS), Now open the "1.1.2 jailbreak" folder which can be downloaded here (http://conceitedsoftware.com/iphone/site/112jb.html). Now extract the contents and run "Windows.bat". Now a popup should come up asking you if you want to install ssh with the jailbreak (u can do this if you want but I did not). once you have made you decison click jailbreak!!
    After you have done this you know have to wait till it has finished intalling all the files (SHOULD TAKE 10 MIN. OR SO). It will tell you to reboot your iPhone, and once it has finished rebooting it will reboot again. After it has finished the second reboot you know have JAILBROKEN 1.1.2!!!!!!!!!

IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTION FEEL FREE TO ASK!!!

Thanx,
    Reppin4you
    Last edited by reppin4you; 11-19-2007 at 10:50 PM.

2. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to reppin4you For This Useful Post:

abc12345 (11-29-2007), apwtwenty (12-02-2007), azroin (11-27-2007), bkabner (11-26-2007), c0has0e (11-19-2007), crizzle09 (11-20-2007), dibxna (11-18-2007), digidice (11-21-2007), Dust Busta (11-30-2007), FURBY8704 (11-18-2007), grbspltt (12-09-2007), N4cer (11-19-2007), PhatheadWRX (11-23-2007), rodeeze (11-29-2007), scottndville (12-21-2007), solarseed (12-02-2007)

Work with UK Iphone ?

Thanks

sorry man not sure

Wasn't there a guide i saw earlier this morning about how to Jailbreak a OTB UK Iphone under MAC? Can't seem to find it

Found it
    Last edited by owen243; 11-18-2007 at 06:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Angry What abot after Jailbreak?
    After completing the process for upgrading from 1.1.1 to 1.1.2, when I run anySIM my device just appears to hang then reboot. Any suggestions?

Phone History:
    1.0.2 - anySim 1.0.2 unlocked
    Upgraded to 1.1.1 - anySim 1.2u unlocked
    Upgraded to 1.1.2 using Oktoprep

Device is currently jailbroken sitting on the springboard. The issue is when I insert my TMO SIM I get the invalid SIM message. When I run anySIM 1.2u, it hangs and I'm forced to restore device.

Thanks in advance...

My iPhone is a Part of Me Sidetalker's Avatar
    Thanks

lol copycat
    For Help
    Private Message, Email, or AIM
    (My response time might be a little long)

GUIDES:
    Expect more when I find something guide-worthy.
    PM me and let me know if you need one.

This worked like a friggin charm!! Thanks reppin4you!! I had an issue with my iPhone and had to restore it and inadvertently updated to 1.1.2. Thanks for guide! Now back to modding.

Quick questions...

How do i unlock it though?

Phone is originally 1.1.1, but i restored it to 1.1.2

I jailbroke it, so it works fine on 1.1.2 - youtube works, safari works, but theres no service for my phone.

I followed everything and didn't have any problems until I got to where I have firmware 1.1.2 and have installed "Oktoprep" from version 1.1.1.

After I updates to 1.1.2 on itunes with Oktoprep installed, I notice that the installer.exe applications is no longer on the iPhone. There's no mention on whether it's suppose to be there or not.

Now, after installing jailbreak and opening the windows.bat, I keep getting two error messages. Error message TMP40685.exe and TMP23870.exe both saying "Entry point not found". The message on the dos program is saying that my iPhone it not connected to the computer.

I have restarted the computer and repeated the steps for the past couple of hours but I alway get the same result after upgrading to 1.1.2.

I will really appreciate some help please on what else I can do after I have installed OktoPrep.

Thank you in adavance everyone.

Thanks

I followed everything and didn't have any problems until I got to where I have firmware 1.1.2 and have installed "Oktoprep" from version 1.1.1.

After I updates to 1.1.2 on itunes with Oktoprep installed, I notice that the installer.exe applications is no longer on the iPhone. There's no mention on whether it's suppose to be there or not.

Now, after installing jailbreak and opening the windows.bat, I keep getting two error messages. Error message TMP40685.exe and TMP23870.exe both saying "Entry point not found". The message on the dos program is saying that my iPhone it not connected to the computer.

I have restarted the computer and repeated the steps for the past couple of hours but I alway get the same result after upgrading to 1.1.2.

I will really appreciate some help please on what else I can do after I have installed OktoPrep.

Thank you in adavance everyone.
    lol hi kiskeya
    For Help

GUIDES:

Quote Originally Posted by Sidetalker View Post
    lol hi kiskeya
    HAHA, hey. I thought I will try both post for some help since I did tried both guides.....

Thanks

HAHA, hey. I thought I will try both post for some help since I did tried both guides.....
    lol you like how he ripped my guide off with the "if you are on this step..." lol
    For Help

GUIDES:

If it makes you feel better, I saw your guide, and its great -- I know who the original is.

----

ANyone have a answer to my question?

Thanks

If it makes you feel better, I saw your guide, and its great -- I know who the original is.
    haha thanks and i answered your question in my guide
    For Help

GUIDES:

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

WTH. i got 1.1.1 in, and booted, Wifi working. but i goto jailbreakme.com and hit install apptapp, and it takes me to the home screen and nothing happens. ARG! what am i doing wrong??

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alperovich View Post
    WTH. i got 1.1.1 in, and booted, Wifi working. but i goto jailbreakme.com and hit install apptapp, and it takes me to the home screen and nothing happens. ARG! what am i doing wrong??

just keep on repeating the process until the hud image comes up telling u your download process.

Thanks

just keep on repeating the process until the hud image comes up telling u your download process.
    and then make babies with the sexy HUD image. cuase its awesome.
    For Help

GUIDES:

Thank You ::: Im So Happy Finally A Guide That Works And Very Simple Thank You Once Again I Love 1.1.2 Jailbroken I-phone

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by reppin4you View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidetalker View Post
    and then make babies with the sexy HUD image. cuase its awesome.
    i played around in idemocracy and jailbroke thru them, but i couldn't get installer installed thru them, now following your advise, i tried a few times AGAIN, and all of sudden it worked, just got installer installed. yay! thanx a bunch guys!

hopefully all goes wel from herel, i'd hate to think i lost the hottest pic i took of this girl i went out with yesterday, as i forgot to save it b4 attempting this method b/c i was to excited about maybe this method will work for me, and not be jailbroke on 1.1.2...
    Last edited by Alperovich; 11-18-2007 at 10:34 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheOrioles33 View Post
    This worked like a friggin charm!! Thanks reppin4you!! I had an issue with my iPhone and had to restore it and inadvertently updated to 1.1.2. Thanks for guide! Now back to modding.

nice to hear

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast