Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Installing Jailbreak / Downloading Restore File

Default Installing Jailbreak / Downloading Restore File
    Alright I successfully loaded jailbreak on my old computer w/ XP, and now I'm having a lot of problems doing it on my new computer with Windows Vista. The original way I did it was with the whole download the restore file/remove the Ipod trick.
    The tutorials on here changed a bit and all of them have you downloading the software from that Wiki page.

So I figured I'd try to download it again from Itunes, but this time I'm trying to do that and Itunes won't even dowload a file, it immediately starts uploading and restoring my Iphone.

When I try to run jailbreak it just gets stuck on the Boot message. I wish I could find the original tutorial on here (i believe the restore file was renamed to Iphone.zip in that particular tutorial).

The new tutorial is also confusing on which files to extract. It specifically says to extract all the files, then it specifically names only two files. If anyone can give me a clear step by step as to what I'm doing wrong I'd appreciate it.

This is getting quite frustrating, as I seem to be moving backwards more than forward. At least at first I could partially start the process and I'd get stuck on the Booting message.

Now everytime I try to access the phoendmg folder in cmd prompt I get a message saying :

'cphonedmg' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

Well I figured out the downloading the restore file part, now my question is will anything be affected if I rename the phonedmg file to phonedmg1?
    Last edited by sspunisher; 08-02-2007 at 05:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

1. Make this folder "Cphonedmg"
    2. Extract jailbreak.exe in there with iTunesMobileDevice.dll
    3. Download iPhone1,1_1.0_1A543a_Restore and put it in the phonedmg folder
    4. Make sure you have show file extensions checked in folder options and rename it to iPhone1,1_1.0_1A543a_Restore.zip
    5. Now right click iPhone1,1_1.0_1A543a_Restore.zip and "Extract here"
    6. Then go to "Run" (start->run) type "cmd"
    7. type " cd \ " --> cd phonedmg ---> jailbreak (or jailbreak.exe)

from there follow jailbreaks intructions in cmd. to mod the phone use manzana

I've done all of this, I keep getting stuck on the BOOTING IPHONE message. why won't it get passed that message?

only thing i can think of is, the firmware isn't extracted and it wont finish booting. other than that i dunno why

You mean the firmware folder? Should I empty the contents of it in the phonedmg folder or leave the files in the Firmware folder (which is still in the phonedmg folder)