Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Guide of How I Downgraded from 1.1.2 > 1.1.1

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default iGuide: How to downgrade from 1.1.2 to 1.1.1 (Very Detailed)
    For Windows

THIS IS FOR NON OTB 1.1.2 PHONES. Not the new ones that come with the new bootloader

Download pack without the firmware files inside: http://rapidshare.com/files/70039433...2_Complete.rar

Okay now you have a 1.1.2 phone that got there from an update not out of the box.

Start by plugging it into itunes in restore mode (hold home and sleep)

iTunes will recognize it right away. You will see a restore button. Hold shift and click restore. Navigate to your 1.1.1 firmware file.

Let it sit through and eventually you will get a 1015 error. Thats perfect. Now you have a 1.1.1 phone with the 1.1.2 modem firmware. We'll handle that later.

Enter DFU mode. Best solution is to use iBrickr or else its pretty tricky. You have to hold home and sleep and when the screen turns black let go of sleep and keep holding home. iTunes will recognize this and you will shift+click restore and navigate to 1.0.2 firmware files. Let it sit through and you will get a 1013 error and the yellow triange should pop up. Perfect.

Now click wiNstallerGUI from the package above. Click activate and it should activate the phone as well as jailbreak it. Then hit install application and navigate to the installer.app folder inside the first wiNstaller folder in the downloaded pack. You should now have a 1.0.2 phone still with the 1.1.2 modem firmware but ur activated, jailbroken, and you have installer installed.

Tap installer and update it. Install Community Sources, than BSD Subsystem, and than OpenSSH. Install WinSCP and click it. Connect to the internet on your iphone and than click the blue arrow next to it and write down the IP. In WinSCP for the host name type in your IP for username type root and for password type dottie. Change file protocal to SCP.

Navigate to /usr/bin which is in the root of the phone which looks like this: /
    Transfer all the files in the Baseband folder into /usr/bin

Close WinSCP and open putty. Type in your IP again into hostname and click ok. Type in root and the when it asks for the password type dottie (you wont see the letters when you type, but I assure you, you are typing.)

Type this into putty and hit enter after each line. Capitals matter.

launchctl unload /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist

cd /usr/bin

chmod +x ieraser

chmod +x bbupdater

ieraser

a crap load of stuff should come up... thats good.. when thats done type

bbupdater -v

It should say cant ping to baseband or cant respond to baseband something in that nature i forget exactly. This is good.

now type:

bbupdater -f *.fls -e *.eep

After a 2-3 minute wait it should be done. Now type:

bbupdater -v (yes again)

it should show 3.14_08 or whatever the modem firmware for 1.0.2 is :P

YAYYY lol

Now restore to 1.0.2 (just a refresh to get rid of unwanted files)
    Now restore to 1.1.1 and continue on with ur jailbreak unlock process.
    slide emergency tap *#307# and hit call than it should call ur phone erase it and type 0... than hit call > accept > hold > deny... you should be at contacts now. Type a name and for URL type prefs://f and another url jailbreakme.com
    Hit prefs://f and connect to a wifi address.
    Go back home home press 0 > call > accept > hold >deny
    Go back to that contact and now hit jailbreakme.com and scroll down and install appsnapp.

now ur phone is activated, jailbroken, and has installer.

Go into installer and install BSD Subsystem. Now go to sources, press edit, then press add. Type i.unlock.no/
    So it should look lke http://i.unlock.no/
    Now there should be unlocking tools in "install" install anysim... set auto lock to never and tap anysim... follow the directions, and your done.

Voila now you have a 1.1.1 firmware phone with the 1.1.1 modem firmware and its jailbroken, activated, and unlock.

Please point out any errors I made!

Thanks,
    Zach
    Last edited by Zach23; 11-24-2007 at 07:55 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zach23 For This Useful Post:

charleybrown (11-25-2007), T4R06 (11-14-2007)

Quoted:

**THIS IS FOR NON OTB 1.1.2 PHONES. Not the new ones that come with the new bootloader**

Grr, i really wish we could get some of them for the New bootloader in lol ! Why did the English get it Last someone feel my pain lol

can u upload http://rapidshare.com/files/6955341...2_Complete.rar again plz because i missed it i think

Atm i'm running firmware 1.1.1 and baseband 04.02.13_G ( and this is the baseband of v.1.1.2

So your guide could help me out i hope

Lots of thanks

Thanks

Yeah im trying to somehow change the link because its not taking me to the site... and I don't know how to get it to show the whole url... ill try and figure that out and fix it
    Edit: Fixed the link

Goodluck!

Thank you for this!

"Now restore to 1.0.2 (just a refresh to get rid of unwanted files)
    Now restore to 1.1.1 and continue on with ur jailbreak unlock process."

do you mean update to 1.1.1?
    Last edited by kyle sti; 11-14-2007 at 06:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kyle sti View Post
    Thank you for this!

"Now restore to 1.0.2 (just a refresh to get rid of unwanted files)
    Now restore to 1.1.1 and continue on with ur jailbreak unlock process."

do you mean update to 1.1.1?
    Yep first you restore to 1.0.2 than upgrade to 1.1.1

thank you for your guide. it was very easy to follow! i finally got my phone back to 1.1.1!

Thanks

haha no problem... happy modding!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Zach23 For This Useful Post:

charleybrown (11-25-2007)

Thanks a million Zach.
    Worked like a charm!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Worked like a champ, thx !!

Quote Originally Posted by Zach23 View Post
    Yep first you restore to 1.0.2 than upgrade to 1.1.1
    Zach23, I must say it is a great guide and very detailed until the part that it says restore back to 1.0.2. Now do you mean Restore mode as in Shift to select the restore file? So this means I have to Restore to 1.0.2 on a Iphone that is already 1.0.2? I know this might be stupid but I have to make sure I'm following your instructions properly.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Fresh's Avatar
    Thanks

Guys, there a much easier way to downgrade the baseband.
    Use this method only if your modem version shows 04.02.13_G.

If you have a jailbroken iPhone just add http://i.unlock.no/ as a source to installer and proceed to step 2 below.
    Otherwise restore to 1.1.1 with iTunes and start with step 1.

1. Jailbreak firmware 1.1.1 (with AppSnapp / www.jailbreakme.com).
    2. Once jailbroken add http://i.unlock.no/ as a source to installer.
    3. Install bsd subystem and run BB downgrade (1.1.2) from installer. This downgrades the baseband!
    4. Restore again to 1.1.1, jailbreak again with AppSnapp / jailbreakme.com and install bsd subsystem. Add http://i.unlock.no to sources again.
    5. If you were unlocked in 1.0.2, do this step. Otherwise proceed to step 8. Install The Virginizer (04.X) from installer.
    6. Restore to 1.1.1 again, jailbreak with jailbreakme.com. Add http://i.unlock.no as a source to installer.
    7. Install bsd subsystem with installer.
    8. Install anySIM 1.1 with installer and go back to the springboard.
    9. Switch off the iPhone and insert you own SIM.
    10. Switch on the iPhone and enter your SIM pin (if any. Important!)
    11. Run anySIM 1.1 with you own sim in the iPhone.
    12. Reboot the iPhone.
    13. You should be able to make phone calls again.

Optionally upgrade to 1.1.2 with your favorite guides.

Fresh...
    Last edited by Fresh; 11-26-2007 at 12:32 AM.
    iFoneguide

I have successfully downgrade to 1.0.2 with installer installed. Currently my Youtube is not working (Cannot connect to Youtube) message. I have added unlock.no sources to install Youtube fix but that did not fix it. BUt so far I'm hesitant to go back to 1.1.1 Is there any other Youtube fix?

Thanks

If you unlocked your 1.0.2 with an older version of anysim... not anysim 1.1 you will need to revirginize than upgrade to 1.1.1

ok what about if im not unlocking just jailbreaking, can i stay at 1.0.2? because i have at&t so i dont need to unlock it