Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Options with jailbroke 1.1.2???

Default Options with jailbroke 1.1.2???
    Ok so what are our options once 1.1.2 is Jailbroke...
    Are we able to restore if we do something wrong down the road...
    Can we Jailbreak again... will it remain Jailbroke?

I deleted a few apps.... Fieldtest and demo app... didnt like them when I installed customize... I didnt back them up.... I read they are necessary?

What are my options now can I go back to a fresh 1.1.2 w/o having to downgrade?

Quote Originally Posted by faseone View Post
    Ok so what are our options once 1.1.2 is Jailbroke...
    Are we able to restore if we do something wrong down the road...
    Can we Jailbreak again... will it remain Jailbroke?

I deleted a few apps.... Fieldtest and demo app... didnt like them when I installed customize... I didnt back them up.... I read they are necessary?

What are my options now can I go back to a fresh 1.1.2 w/o having to downgrade?
    Assuming you're on a 'legit' iPhone plan (AT&T or O2) you can do whatever you want. You can restore and rejailbeak. You can restore and stay at vanilla 1.1.2. You don't need to do anything special.

I don't know that Field Test and Demo App are necessary, but they're part of the factory install. If you're concerned that deleting them may interfere somehow with the phone's operation, you can just restore and jailbreak again, this time leaving them on the last page of apps so they don't show up all the time (Like I've done with them, Stocks and Maps)

The only things you CAN'T do are go back to 1.1.1, unless you virginize the baseband. Downgrading to 1.1.1 will cause No Service issues due to conflicts between the 1.1.2 and 1.1.1 basebands.

Other than that you're golden

The only people that have to be concerned what they dowith their phones are those that have unlocked phones or those who need to bypass activate (Non standard AT&T or Cingular SIMS)
    Last edited by Murfunit; 11-13-2007 at 10:44 AM.
    Je t'aime encore, Roguette

Yes I am an ATT customer.
    I have 1.1.2 Jailbroken...
    and a restore will not kill the ability to Jailbreak again? If i understand correctly?

Quote Originally Posted by faseone View Post
    Yes I am an ATT customer.
    I have 1.1.2 Jailbroken...
    and a restore will not kill the ability to Jailbreak again? If i understand correctly?
    You understand correctly

Just follow the same steps you did the first time and you'll be fine

You may have to take it backto 1.1.1 for a hot minute to install OkToPrep but thats all part of the process. It will jailbreak just fine
    Je t'aime encore, Roguette