+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Firmware help

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
hi im new to all this iphone technical business. My firmware is 1.0.2 which , since I've been reading is very old. In order to update? must I basically have
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Firmware help
    hi im new to all this iphone technical business. My firmware is 1.0.2 which , since I've been reading is very old. In order to update? must I basically have to unlock my phone again but with using the most current firmware?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by franklinromeo View Post
    hi im new to all this iphone technical business. My firmware is 1.0.2 which , since I've been reading is very old. In order to update? must I basically have to unlock my phone again but with using the most current firmware?
    What I did was I clicked the button that is located on the the very top of this screen titled "Guides." From there, I scrolled down till I found the guide that is titled "Virginizing your 1.0.2 iPhone for Upgrade to 1.1.1." Once you do this follow all the the guides till your phone is upgraded and unlocked to 1.1.1. At the end of every guide it tells you the next step in which you must do to complete the process. Read all the guides carefully and you should be okay. Also, if you get stuck read through the forums, they help a million.