Page 1 of 28 123 11 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [GUIDE] Jailbreaking 1.1.2 (Windows)

My iPhone is a Part of Me Sidetalker's Avatar
    Thanks

Cool [GUIDE] Jailbreaking 1.1.2 (Windows)
    Don't forget the Thanks button if I helped you!

UDPATE (1-3-08): Hi guys! I'm back from Honduras and today is my birthday! I'm glad that this thread hasn't left its long standing position on the first page! Also I hope you will all be happy to know that post-1.1.3, a jailbreak guide by your truly will be available ASAP! Also please let me know if you want any changes to the guide (improvements, error fixes, etc). And finally, if people want to download the guide to view offline or print I will make that possible! (Just let me know if you want it and the first person to ask will make it happen)

iDemocracy 2.0 RELEASED!

Download iDemocracy 2.0 here
    Download necessary .NET Framework 3.0 here

For those of you that don't know, iDemocracy pretty much automates everything this guide outlines. So unless you are really interested in messing around and doing things yourself...use iDemocracy

This guide is for Windows users who have a iPhone (any Firmware version including Out of Box) and want to upgrade it to 1.1.2 and jailbreak it. This guide requires you to have an original SIM card (the one that came with your iPhone) and includes no instructions on unlocking.

I have also made this guide extremely spelled out, however, if something is unclear to you, let me know in the comments and I will revise it!

I take no responsibility for you messing up your iPhone while using my guide...etc.

Oh yeah one last thing before we start. The thanks button makes people feel good

For Starters:

*Note*
    You may not need all of these files depending on what Firmware version you have. You can either download them all or download them as I tell you they are necessary throughout the tutorial
    *Note*

Warning:
    You need WiFi for all tutorials!

Download 1.1.2 Firmware here
    Download 1.1.1 Firmware here
    Download 1.0.2 Firmware here
    Download 1.0.2 Baseband Downgrade Pack here
    Download 1.1.2 Jailbreak Pack here
    Download iBrickr here

BEFORE DOING ANYTHING. SYNC WITH ITUNES!!!

Is this the guide for you? (THIS GUIDE INCLUDES NO INSTRUCTIONS ON UNLOCKING)

-
    If you have a Firmware 1.1.1 (or below) activated iPhone
    - Follow the first Guide (It's right under this blue text )

- You have a Firmware 1.1.2 activated iPhone without OktoPrep (not Out of Box)
    - Follow the second Guide (hit ctrl - F and type in "scndz")

-
    You have a Firmware 1.1.2 activated iPhone with OktoPrep
    - Follow the third Guide (hit ctrl - F and type in "thrdd")

-
    You have a Firmware 1.1.2 activated iPhone Out of Box
    - Follow the fourth Guide (hit ctrl - F and type in "frth")

- You are Troubleshooting...
    - Look in the Troublshooting Guide (hit ctrl - F and type in "trblz")

The Process (1.1.1 or below):

Step 1: If you are on this step, you have iPhone firmware version 1.0.2 or below and it has been activated through iTunes (skip to the next step if you are already on 1.1.1). Open iTunes and connect your iPhone. Shift-click the "Update" button in iTunes under the iPhone tab and navigate to your 1.1.1 Firmware (download here). Allow your iPhone to complete the update to 1.1.1. Restore your iPhone to the latest restore file through iTunes. Don't worry about syncing songs, pictures, movies, etc. yet.

Step 2: If you are on this step, you have iPhone firmware version 1.1.1 and it has been activated through iTunes. Restore your iPhone to Firmware 1.1.1 by shift-clicking on "Restore" in iTunes and navigating to your 1.1.1 Firmware (download here). Allow iTunes to complete the restore and activate your iPhone before proceeding to the next step. Visit www.jailbreakme.com URL on your iPhone. Click "Install AppSnapp". Your iPhone will navigate to another page and briefly show a blue square in the upper corner before Safari crashes. At this point a status HUD should pop-up and display the status of the jailbreak. If you do not see this status HUD, go back to www.jailbreakme.com and try it again. After a successful jailbreak, your iPhone will soft-restart and you will see Installer.app on your homescreen. At this point I find it's best to do a manual restart (hold the power button until the "slide to power off" slider appears. Slide it off, then hold the power button until the iPhone starts back up). This step is optional though.

Step 3: If you are on this step, you have a jailbroken (if you have Installer.app, you are jailbroken) iPhone running 1.1.1 firmware. Click on Installer on you iPhone homescreen and allow it to check and refresh your sources. If necessary, update Installer (you will see an Installer update in the update tab in Installer if this is necessary). Under the Install tab, navigate to Tweaks (1.1.1) > OktoPrep and download OktoPrep. After the download, click the home button and allow the iPhone to soft-restart. Back in iTunes, shift-click on "Upgrade" (NOT RESTORE!) and navigate to your 1.1.2 Firmware (download here). If iTunes is already prompting you to upgrade to 1.1.2 it is not necessary to shift-click...simply click "Upgrade" and allow your iPhone to be upgraded (NOTE: if you do this, iTunes will automatically download the firmware taking around 5 mins at broadband speeds). Activate your iPhone through iTunes.

Step 4: If you are on this step, you have an activated iPhone running firmware 1.1.2 and had installed OktoPrep on 1.1.1 before upgrading. Close out of iTunes. Unzip and open the folder containing the 1.1.2 Jailbreak (download here). Double-click on windows.bat and hit enter when Command Prompt pops up. A Java window will pop up (I would suggest to check "Install SSH" but that's up to you). Click Jailbreak! A progress bar will pop up and Command Prompt will start displaying code. Let the program run (it should take under 10 minutes). After it's finished it will say "Done! Reboot your device (it will automatically reboot once after you do so)". And wala! JAILBROKEN

The Process (1.1.2 without OktoPrep NOT Out of Box): scndz

Step 1: If you are on this step, you have iPhone firmware 1.1.2 and did not install OktoPrep when on 1.1.1. You will need all of the downloads provided above, please download them now. Enter recovery mode on your iPhone by holding the power and home buttons until the "connect to iTunes" picture appears. Once iTunes recognizes your iPhone, shift-click on "Restore" and navigate to your 1.1.1 Firmware. Allow iTunes to downgrade your 1.1.2 firmware to 1.1.1. When finished iTunes should give you error #1015.

IF YOU HAVE VISTA! and you experience troubles with iBrickr... On Windows Vista iBrickr will only work after a restart and it will only work once. Restart your computer and open iBrickr and you should be good to go. However, if you close out of iBrickr, you will need to restart again.

Step 2: If you are on this step, you downgraded your iPhone to 1.1.1 and got error #1015. Open iBrickr and it should give you the option to boot the phone or to "Begin Downgrade to Firmware 1.0.2". Click on Begin Downgrade to Firmware 1.0.2 and follow the instructions provided (instead of going to the iBrickr folder for 1.0.2.ipsw, go to where you manually downloaded the firmware). After following iBrickr's instructions, activate your 1.0.2 iPhone with iTunes.

Step 3: If you are on this step you have an activated iPhone running firmware 1.0.2. Open iBrickr and click "Free My Phone!". If your iPhone is in recovery mode after the jailbreak close and open iBrickr... when iBrickr sees your iPhone in restore mode, click "Boot phone now" and allow your phone to boot. After your iPhone is "freed" (jailbroken) click on Applications and Install PXL using iBrickr's instructions and install BSD Subsystem and OpenSSH (in that order).

Step 4: If you are on this step you have an activated iPhone running firmware 1.0.2 with OpenSSH installed. Open winscp405.exe (referred to as WinSCP from now on and found in the 1.1.2 Baseband Downgrade Pack). For Host Name: Enter your current wifi IP address on my iPhone (check this by going to Settings > Wi-Fi > and clicking the blue arrow next to your SSID), Port number: 22, User Name: root, Password: dottie, Private key file: Leave blank, file protocol: SCP. Hit Save... and save the profile as iPhone (Hit yes if it asks you if you're sure you want to save a password). Now double-click on your new iPhone profile and allow up to a minute for your Host Keys to be generated (click yes when it asks you if you want to allow the Host Keys to be generated).

Step 5: If you are on this step you have an activated iPhone running firmware 1.0.2 and should be attached to your iPhone through WinSCP. Navigate to the /usr/bin folder on your iPhone and drag and drop the following folders from the Downgrade Pack to the /usr/bin folder on the iPhone:

ICE03.14.08_G.eep
    ICE03.14.08_G.fls
    iEraser
    bbupdater
    secpack
    secpack.bin

After the transfer completes, exit out of WinSCP.

Step 6: If you are on this step you have an activated iPhone running firmware 1.0.2 with extra files in the usr/bin directory. Double-click on Putty.exe and use the same settings and password you used in WinSCP to login. (NOTE: when you type in the password, nothing will appear. Just type normally and hit enter when you are done typing dottie and everything will be fine). Type in the following hitting enter after each line:

launchctl

unload /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist

exit (without this you will still be in launchctl and it will not recognize the command cd)

cd /usr/bin

chmod +x iEraser

chmod +x bbupdater

iEraser

bbupdater -v

The last command issued returned "baseband unresponsive to pinging". THIS IS GOOD! Now type in the following and hit enter:

bbupdater -f *.fls -e *.eep (the _'s are spaces: bbupdater_-f_*.fls_-e_*.eep)

After this process ends, backspace the text "PuTTy" that was left behind and issue this command:

bbupdater -v

This returns a slew of data which (roughly translated) means...SUCCESS!!!

NOTE: If you experience problems with Step 6 of the guide (the step you just did) try using this guide.

Step 7: f you are on this step you have an activated iPhone running firmware 1.0.2 and have flashed the baseband. Back in iTunes, shift-click "Update" and navigate to your 1.1.1 firmware. Allow iTunes to update your iPhone to firmware 1.1.1 and then activate your iPhone using iTunes.

Step 8: If you are on this step you have an activated iPhone running firmware 1.1.1. Visit www.jailbreakme.com URL on your iPhone. Click "Install AppSnapp". Your iPhone will navigate to another page and briefly show a blue square in the upper corner before Safari crashes. At this point a status HUD should pop-up and display the status of the jailbreak. If you do not see this status HUD, go back to www.jailbreakme.com and try it again. After a successful jailbreak, your iPhone will soft-restart and you will see Installer.app on your homescreen. At this point I find it's best to do a manual restart (hold the power button until the "slide to power off" slider appears. Slide it off, then hold the power button until the iPhone starts back up). This step is optional though.

If you want to stay at 1.1.1 for now, just stop here and enjoy your jailbroken 1.1.1

Step 9: If you are on this step, you have a jailbroken (if you have Installer.app, you are jailbroken) iPhone running 1.1.1 firmware. Click on Installer on you iPhone homescreen and allow it to check and refresh your sources. If necessary, update Installer (you will see an Installer update in the update tab in Installer if this is necessary). Under the Install tab, navigate to Tweaks (1.1.1) > OktoPrep and download OktoPrep. After the download, click the home button and allow the iPhone to soft-restart. Back in iTunes, shift-click on "Upgrade" (NOT RESTORE!) and navigate to your 1.1.2 Firmware (download here). If iTunes is already prompting you to upgrade to 1.1.2 it is not necessary to shift-click...simply click "Upgrade" and allow your iPhone to be upgraded (NOTE: if you do this, iTunes will automatically download the firmware taking around 5 mins at broadband speeds). Activate your iPhone through iTunes.

Step 10: If you are on this step, you have an activated iPhone running firmware 1.1.2 and had installed OktoPrep on 1.1.1 before upgrading. Close out of iTunes. Unzip and open the folder containing the 1.1.2 Jailbreak (download here). Double-click on windows.bat and hit enter when Command Prompt pops up. A Java window will pop up (I would suggest to check "Install SSH" but that's up to you). Click Jailbreak! A progress bar will pop up and Command Prompt will start displaying code. Let the program run (it should take under 10 minutes). After it's finished it will say "Done! Reboot your device (it will automatically reboot once after you do so)". And wala! JAILBROKEN

The Process (1.1.2 with OktoPrep): thrdd

Step 1: If you are on this step, you have an activated iPhone running firmware 1.1.2 and had installed OktoPrep on 1.1.1 before upgrading. Close out of iTunes. Unzip and open the folder containing the 1.1.2 Jailbreak (download here). Double-click on windows.bat and hit enter when Command Prompt pops up. A Java window will pop up (I would suggest to check "Install SSH" but that's up to you). Click Jailbreak! A progress bar will pop up and Command Prompt will start displaying code. Let the program run (it should take under 10 minutes). After it's finished it will say "Done! Reboot your device (it will automatically reboot once after you do so)". And wala! JAILBROKEN

The Process (1.1.2 Out of Box): frth

Step 1: If you are on this step you have an Out of Box iPhone with firmware 1.1.2. Enter recovery mode on your iPhone by holding the power and home buttons until the "connect to iTunes" picture appears. Once iTunes recognizes your iPhone, shift-click on "Restore" and navigate to your 1.1.1 Firmware (download here). Allow iTunes to downgrade your 1.1.2 firmware to 1.1.1. When finished iTunes should give you error #1015.

IF YOU HAVE VISTA! and you experience troubles with iBrickr... On Windows Vista iBrickr will only work after a restart and it will only work once. Restart your computer and open iBrickr and you should be good to go. However, if you close out of iBrickr, you will need to restart again.

Step 2: If you are on this step you have just downgraded your Out of Box iPhone to firmware 1.1.1 and gotten error #1015. Open iBrickr (download here). One of the options it will give you will say something similar to "reboot phone" (I haven't done this myself but I will as soon as I can and let people know). Click on "reboot phone" (or the similar command) and iBrickr will attempt to reboot your phone. Activate your iPhone through iTunes after it has booted up (at this point don't worry about having no service, it will come back when we upgrade to 1.1.2 again).

Note: Many people will experience trouble with rebooting the iPhone with iBrickr for various reasons... If you are one of those people hang tight, I will post an alternate method the second I have time.

Step 3: If you are on this step you have an activated iPhone running firmware 1.1.1. Visit www.jailbreakme.com URL on your iPhone (you need WiFi to do this as the Edge network won't be working). Click "Install AppSnapp". Your iPhone will navigate to another page and briefly show a blue square in the upper corner before Safari crashes. At this point a status HUD should pop-up and display the status of the jailbreak. If you do not see this status HUD, go back to www.jailbreakme.com and try it again. After a successful jailbreak, your iPhone will soft-restart and you will see Installer.app on your homescreen. At this point I find it's best to do a manual restart (hold the power button until the "slide to power off" slider appears. Slide it off, then hold the power button until the iPhone starts back up). This step is optional though.

Step 4: If you are on this step, you have a jailbroken (if you have Installer.app, you are jailbroken) iPhone running 1.1.1 firmware. Click on Installer on you iPhone homescreen and allow it to check and refresh your sources. If necessary, update Installer (you will see an Installer update in the update tab in Installer if this is necessary). Under the Install tab, navigate to Tweaks (1.1.1) > OktoPrep and download OktoPrep. After the download, click the home button and allow the iPhone to soft-restart. Back in iTunes, shift-click on "Upgrade" (NOT RESTORE!) and navigate to your 1.1.2 Firmware (download here). If iTunes is already prompting you to upgrade to 1.1.2 it is not necessary to shift-click...simply click "Upgrade" and allow your iPhone to be upgraded (NOTE: if you do this, iTunes will automatically download the firmware taking around 5 mins at broadband speeds).

Step 5: If you are on this step, you have an iPhone at the activation screen running firmware 1.1.2 and had installed OktoPrep on 1.1.1 before upgrading. Close out of iTunes. Unzip and open the folder containing the 1.1.2 Jailbreak (download here). Double-click on windows.bat and hit enter when Command Prompt pops up. A Java window will pop up (I would suggest to check "Install SSH" but that's up to you). Click Jailbreak! A progress bar will pop up and Command Prompt will start displaying code. Let the program run (it should take under 10 minutes). After it's finished it will say "Done! Reboot your device (it will automatically reboot once after you do so)". And wala! JAILBROKEN

Optional Step 6: If you are on an O2 contract (untested with PAYG) then use this for EDGE settings (Settings > General > Network > EDGE):

APN: mobile.o2.co.uk
    username: faster
    password: web

(thanks dilinator)

Troubleshooting: trblz

Tip #1: If you get this message:
    Code:
    at java.lang.thread.run <unknown Source>
    when running the 1.1.2 Jailbreak, go here and get the latest updates for java!

Tip #2: Also if the 1.1.2 Jailbreak closes out right after opening go here and get the latest updates for java!

Past Updates:

UDPATE (11-13-07): Thanks so much for the interest in my guide! I will do my best to answer all of your questions and update this guide frequently as new information on the 1.1.2 firmware is unveiled! Thanks!!!

UDPATE (11-15-07): I have uploaded the 1.1.2 Baseband Downgrade Pack to SendSpace and updated the links. Anyone who was having trouble with RapidShare should be fine now!

UDPATE (11-16-07): Thanks again for the overwhelming interest in this guide! I have updated the guide to include Jailbreaking an Out of Box 1.1.2 iPhone!!! I have not tested this as I don't have an Out of Box 1.1.2 iPhone to test with but when you do PLEASE post your results or where things went wrong! (also a few other minor updates)

UDPATE (11-17-07): iDemocracy2 is available and this whole guide is pretty much useless

UDPATE (11-17-07): Uh-oh...some people are forgetting the thanks button!!! Comeon guys I worked my arse off on this guide

UDPATE (11-19-07): Thanks to seanobx a fix for the 1.1.2 Jailbreak problem that many people have been having has been discovered! If you get this message:
    Code:
    at java.lang.thread.run <unknown Source>
    when running the 1.1.2 Jailbreak, go here and get the latest updates for java! Also added a troubleshooting section...

UDPATE (12-21-07): Hey everyone! I'm so happy to see the overwhelming response my guide has been getting since I posted it. I have been doing my best to answer everyones' questions and have even personally walked several people through the entire process. Unfortuantely, I won't be around the forums for the next week or so... CAUSE I'M GOING TO HONDURAS FOR CHRISTMAS!!! Yeah I know you're all jealous. The remote island/villa thing that we're staying on will almost certainly have no internet connection and there is no hope of cell reception. I'll be back January 3rd (my birthday) and active as can be on the forums! BYE!
    Last edited by Sidetalker; 01-04-2008 at 08:26 PM. Reason: Updates
    For Help
    Private Message, Email, or AIM
    (My response time might be a little long)

GUIDES:
    Expect more when I find something guide-worthy.
    PM me and let me know if you need one.

2. The Following 170 Users Say Thank You to Sidetalker For This Useful Post:

16vGTI (11-19-2007), 1DaBoi (12-09-2007), acolesurf (01-09-2008), AFEI2 (01-15-2008), afifnet (12-28-2007), ahfunaki (12-07-2007), aiden1983 (11-21-2007), alick (01-08-2008), amahmood (12-29-2007), andrew2012 (11-22-2007), anour (11-26-2007), anyamy (12-14-2007), bankskilla (12-14-2007), basanoviat (12-17-2007), basura (12-21-2007), benthez (12-11-2007), Biohazard2k1 (01-06-2008), bluephone1 (11-26-2007), bmx1 (11-13-2007), brent91055 (11-24-2007), calimba (01-16-2008), cbrluv (12-05-2007), cebain (11-19-2007), chanson402 (11-13-2007), CKYGuy09 (12-25-2007), Cobra2 (11-24-2007), connection_ (11-18-2007), consultadrone (11-13-2007), coolshak (12-31-2007), croix (11-29-2007), damesio (11-14-2007), dan74672 (01-07-2008), danc4498 (12-06-2007), dannyrocks (12-04-2007), DanyKitten (12-11-2007), darth iPhone (11-27-2007), dastan (11-27-2007), daz23 (12-29-2007), DGonzalez23 (01-18-2008), DirtyDan (12-11-2007), dmighty (11-24-2007), dsc123 (12-22-2007), dsgalit (12-08-2007), dswanson (01-09-2008), dugup46 (11-28-2007), eddyx (12-11-2007), elr0y7 (12-01-2007), emmjay (12-12-2007), equus (11-12-2007), erickme (12-14-2007), Excalabat (11-14-2007), fadedinc (12-06-2007), fazez (01-31-2008), finalfantasy_lkta (01-22-2008), FocalJetter (11-18-2007), Fogdog (11-19-2007), foureyez (01-15-2008), FURBY8704 (12-02-2007), gcuesta (12-24-2007), GimpedT (01-14-2008), Goronok (12-19-2007), GrandpaBob (11-20-2007), greenshah (11-18-2007), gusanot (12-05-2007), hacktarded1 (12-08-2007), HaZeX (11-13-2007), hex_shaman (12-10-2007), HitNWakes (11-19-2007), imimran (11-21-2007), Jack.Mengal (12-21-2007), jaesin (11-18-2007), jaredb03 (12-18-2007), JMIGUELES (11-18-2007), Jncominco2 (12-03-2007), Jpiphone (01-18-2008), juanchy (11-18-2007), KiDDMaFF5646 (11-23-2007), krusher (11-19-2007), Kwestman2k6 (11-25-2007), lafastfords (01-09-2008), laloxteam (11-30-2007), lazarusmax (03-05-2008), lcgw01 (12-08-2007), legendka7 (01-16-2008), LeifErikson (01-04-2008), LEVID (12-12-2007), Lilbeast2687 (01-08-2008), lordboard (11-28-2007), loster4play (12-07-2007), luiz (11-25-2007), lz88 (12-09-2007), MacGeek Pro (11-26-2007), madrich (11-24-2007), malka_aria (01-22-2008), Malladawg (11-28-2007), mekell (11-29-2007), metelskiy (12-08-2007), mike_carter1 (11-17-2007), minileadfoot (12-04-2007), misciagna (12-27-2007), morphiusrt (12-27-2007), mot (12-05-2007), mrfin (12-06-2007), norcalmike (11-13-2007), oh_gatsby (12-27-2007), oneluckyfreak (11-17-2007), oodatboioo (12-30-2007), orion9 (12-13-2007), outcast420 (01-02-2008), pak234 (01-05-2008), phuket (12-12-2007), PingPong85 (11-22-2007), pojo644 (12-24-2007), pokadotpowerpuff (12-25-2007), powerman5k (01-01-2008), preynoso (12-19-2007), qith8n (12-14-2007), quixers (11-12-2007), Racing.Ray (12-06-2007), reddevilseye (12-07-2007), reeshu926 (12-12-2007), richard994 (12-19-2007), rishi (11-20-2007), rkisling (12-12-2007), rlich8 (12-05-2007), Rocketerz (12-08-2007), Rowlesh (01-13-2008), rupchurc (01-08-2008), s2k (01-10-2008), sacred (11-19-2007), Samandrew (12-09-2007), Samm_73 (01-17-2008), scuba (12-13-2007), [email protected] (01-09-2008), seven54k (01-03-2008), Sharpion (01-05-2008), sicko (11-18-2007), sidetalkersking (11-30-2007), Simtech (11-13-2007), singhkenny (12-23-2007), smittttttty20 (01-14-2008), sn0b0arder77 (11-18-2007), spongebobiwan (11-19-2007), springer01 (12-30-2007), stef1234 (11-19-2007), steve.o.969 (11-27-2007), stevekd86 (01-19-2008), stezza333 (01-24-2008), still_kickin (12-11-2007), SubZ3r0 (11-29-2007), swunk (01-22-2008), techrider62 (12-01-2007), Thaibboy4lyfe (11-16-2007), thats_10kid (11-13-2007), the erik (11-16-2007), timcki (11-14-2007), Travace (12-08-2007), Tubbyisking (12-18-2007), tuhin192 (02-07-2008), Tumbler_171 (12-10-2007), usetobe (01-13-2008), wayne (12-01-2007), wepaz09 (12-19-2007), xandili (11-13-2007), xe1uca (11-19-2007), xtroverttwins (11-15-2007), xxNeutronxx (01-22-2008), yemenprince2004 (01-02-2008), yoyo5555 (12-11-2007), Zachs23 (11-28-2007)

Is this still only possible on intel only. I have windows AMG and from what I have heard it only works on macintel and windowsintel. Is that true?

Jordan

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jrdan24 For This Useful Post:

afifnet (12-28-2007), bmx1 (11-13-2007), greenshah (11-18-2007), lafastfords (01-09-2008), s2k (01-11-2008)

Thanks

Is this still only possible on intel only. I have windows AMG and from what I have heard it only works on macintel and windowsintel. Is that true?

Jordan
    I don't know... sorry

If I were you I would give it a shot though :/
    For Help

GUIDES:

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Sidetalker For This Useful Post:

anour (11-26-2007), bankskilla (12-14-2007), Biohazard2k1 (01-06-2008), chanson402 (11-13-2007), FocalJetter (11-18-2007), greenshah (11-18-2007), MacGeek Pro (11-26-2007)

Requires AT&T Sim Card. For UK Iphones i take it we needa 02 Sim card Right ?

Thanks

Requires AT&T Sim Card. For UK Iphones i take it we needa 02 Sim card Right ?
    Yeah sorry I should have put default SIM card...Just trying to make it clear that this is not a guide for unlocking. thanks for pointing that out ill change it!
    For Help

GUIDES:

9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sidetalker For This Useful Post:

bankskilla (12-14-2007), Biohazard2k1 (01-06-2008), chanson402 (11-13-2007), FocalJetter (11-18-2007), greenshah (11-18-2007), MacGeek Pro (11-26-2007)

hi is there other links other than the rapidshare one?
    coz it doesn't seems to be able to d/l

Thanks

hi is there other links other than the rapidshare one?
    coz it doesn't seems to be able to d/l
    Digg
    ive tried several times to upload it to this site but it just wont work... ill email it to you if you reply back to me within 3 mins (im goin to sleep)
    For Help

GUIDES:

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sidetalker For This Useful Post:

bankskilla (12-14-2007), Biohazard2k1 (01-06-2008), chanson402 (11-13-2007), greenshah (11-18-2007), MacGeek Pro (11-26-2007)

Livin the iPhone Life aziatiklover's Avatar
    Thanks

already that was fast haha
     Think Different

Thanks

already that was fast haha
    i do what i can
    For Help

GUIDES:

15. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sidetalker For This Useful Post:

bankskilla (12-14-2007), Biohazard2k1 (01-06-2008), chanson402 (11-13-2007), FocalJetter (11-18-2007), greenshah (11-18-2007), MacGeek Pro (11-26-2007)

17. The Following User Says Thank You to mysteria For This Useful Post:

FocalJetter (11-18-2007)

Thanks

[email protected]

tks!!
    wow you got lucky man that was my last refresh before goin up to bed! be sure to hit the thanks button

oh and usually its not wise to post your email on a public forum...use PMs next time

EDIT: Crap. yahoo's upload max is 10megs and the file is 14.4 mb...

heres a tut for rapidshare:

1. Click on the link
    2. Click "Free" at the bottom right of the table near the bottom of the page
    3. Sit and wait while looking at the countdown "Download ticket reserved. In 0.4 minutes your download will be ready."
    4. When the time runs out, choose any download mirror, type in the 4 digit code, and hit download.
    5. The download should automatically begin.

Your welcome
    Last edited by Sidetalker; 11-12-2007 at 09:16 PM.
    For Help

GUIDES:

19. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Sidetalker For This Useful Post:

bankskilla (12-14-2007), Biohazard2k1 (01-06-2008), chanson402 (11-13-2007), FocalJetter (11-18-2007), greenshah (11-18-2007), hotboyarchie (12-08-2007), MacGeek Pro (11-26-2007), yemenprince2004 (01-02-2008)

Firmware 1.1.1 link does not work?

Thanks

Firmware 1.1.1 link does not work?
    my apologies ill fix it immediately.

EDIT: Fixed.
    Last edited by Sidetalker; 11-12-2007 at 09:26 PM.
    For Help

GUIDES:

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sidetalker For This Useful Post:

Biohazard2k1 (01-06-2008), chanson402 (11-13-2007), greenshah (11-18-2007), MacGeek Pro (11-26-2007), yemenprince2004 (01-02-2008)

Quote Originally Posted by Sidetalker View Post
    my apologies ill fix it immediately.

EDIT: Fixed.
    Thanks Sidetalker!!!

Thanks

you bet! Bedtime for now everyone... I will answer any and all questions tommorow!
    For Help

GUIDES:

25. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Sidetalker For This Useful Post:

benthez (12-25-2007), Biohazard2k1 (01-06-2008), chanson402 (11-13-2007), crizzle09 (11-13-2007), eddyx (12-11-2007), greenshah (11-18-2007), jcarlosdlt (11-14-2007), MacGeek Pro (11-26-2007), Polgas (12-04-2007), yemenprince2004 (01-02-2008)

After jailbreaking 1.1.2, is it possible to use iBrickR, iPhoneBrowser, or another similiar program to upload files onto the iPhone? In other words, after "updating" the phone, do I need Wi-Fi to upload files?

I am unable to erase the baseband. when i use iEraser and then check it with bbupdater -v i still have the baseband. any ideas why it isn't working?

This is what i get:

# launchctl
    launchd&#37; unload /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist
    launchd% exit
    # cd /usr/bin
    # chmod +x iEraser
    # chmod +x bbupdater
    # iEraser
    Resetting the Baseband...Done
    Opened: /dev/tty.baseband
    iEraser: tool by geohot
    thanks to gray and the dev team for the implementation
    thanks to nightwatch for the awesome toolchain
    and thanks to anonymous, iProof, lazyc0der, and dinopio for the idea for this cool trick
    this tool erases your main fw, starting at 0x20000. you need this for the testpoint to work
    you need a file called secpack matching your current firmware version in this folder
    see http://iphonejtag.blogspot.com for instructions on finding this file
    Waiting for data...
    Got Header: 77 0b cc
    02 00 85 00 02 00 FF FF 85 02 03 00
    SECPACK
    02 00 04 02 06 00 01 00 00 00 00 00 0B 02 03 00
    02 00 02 08 06 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 08 08 03 00

Erase
    02 00 05 08 02 00 00 00 07 08 03 00
    02 00 06 08 06 00 01 00 00 00 A0 00 AD 08 03 00
    Hopefully the main flash was erased, wait for the next step...
    # bbupdater -v
    Resetting target...
    pinging the baseband...
    issuing +xgendata...
    firmware: DEV_ICE_MODEM_04.02.13_G
    eep version: EEP_VERSION:208
    eep revision: EEP_REVISION:1
    bootloader: BOOTLOADER_VERSION:4.6_M3S2
    Done
    Last edited by jaredb03; 11-12-2007 at 11:22 PM. Reason: Screen results

Quote Originally Posted by jaredb03 View Post
    I am unable to erase the baseband. when i use iEraser and then check it with bbupdater -v i still have the baseband. any ideas why it isn't working?

This is what i get:

# launchctl
    launchd% unload /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist
    launchd% exit
    # cd /usr/bin
    # chmod +x iEraser
    # chmod +x bbupdater
    # iEraser
    Resetting the Baseband...Done
    Opened: /dev/tty.baseband
    iEraser: tool by geohot
    thanks to gray and the dev team for the implementation
    thanks to nightwatch for the awesome toolchain
    and thanks to anonymous, iProof, lazyc0der, and dinopio for the idea for this cool trick
    this tool erases your main fw, starting at 0x20000. you need this for the testpoint to work
    you need a file called secpack matching your current firmware version in this folder
    see http://iphonejtag.blogspot.com for instructions on finding this file
    Waiting for data...
    Got Header: 77 0b cc
    02 00 85 00 02 00 FF FF 85 02 03 00
    SECPACK
    02 00 04 02 06 00 01 00 00 00 00 00 0B 02 03 00
    02 00 02 08 06 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 08 08 03 00

Erase
    02 00 05 08 02 00 00 00 07 08 03 00
    02 00 06 08 06 00 01 00 00 00 A0 00 AD 08 03 00
    Hopefully the main flash was erased, wait for the next step...
    # bbupdater -v
    Resetting target...
    pinging the baseband...
    issuing +xgendata...
    firmware: DEV_ICE_MODEM_04.02.13_G
    eep version: EEP_VERSION:208
    eep revision: EEP_REVISION:1
    bootloader: BOOTLOADER_VERSION:4.6_M3S2
    Done
    I had a similar problem. I made a mistake by downloading a different baseband pack than the one that was included in this tutorial. Once I downloaded the correct pack and ran those steps which you mention, the baseband was deleted successfully. And then updated successfully with the next step.

May not be your problem, but thought I'd share.

No i for sure have the pack from this post. i downloaded it again and tried again with the same results just to make sure. Thanks though. Anything else to try?

Having a problem with the appsnap on jailbreakme.com. I click on install appsnap, safari simply crashes. No hud, no indication of installation. I've tried several times.

Page 1 of 28 123 11 ... LastLast