+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [1.1.1]Can't hear caller/everything works except no caller sound!!HELP!!

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
Help!!! Well i've bought an IPhone last year that came with version 1.1.1,everything worked allright until a couple of days ago when my iphone froze and i had to restore/jailbreak/unlock
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default [1.1.1]Can't hear caller/everything works except no caller sound!!HELP!!
    Help!!!

Well i've bought an IPhone last year that came with version 1.1.1,everything worked allright until a couple of days ago when my iphone froze and i had to restore/jailbreak/unlock via anysim...well last night my Iphone had another problem:

While i was in a call...i've noticed that suddenly i couldn't hear the other person talking to me only when i set the phone on speaker.

So after doing some research i've noticed that:
    I can't hear any phone calls but they can hear me
    When i put the iphone on speaker...i can hear them and they can hear me
    When i use the headphones...they can hear me and i can hear them.

I've tried pressing the silent/ringer button a couple of times and it DIDN'T WORK
    I've tried plugging and unplugging the headset and it still DOESN'T WORK
    I've tried double tapping the speaker button when in a call and it still refuses to work
    I've tried cleaning the place where the headphones enter the iphone and no luck.

Is there a software fix or should i restore/update to another version?

I believe that this problem appeared because i've restored the iphone a couple of days before so i don't think it's a hardware problem only a software one.

I've also had the same issue when i've bought the iphone,after unlocking it so this is a common problem.

Could somebody help me...i have no idea what to do.....

UPDATE:Well i've reinstalled the firmware(didn't virginize the phone...just using itunes and then activate the phone) and no luck...i've tried plugging and unplugging the headphones a few times and still no luck...from time to time i do hear the caller...but for a short period of time...don't know how i do it.

If it were the headphones plug/unplug bug i should have no sound when i click on the dialpad numbers but i have sound....

I've tried resetting all settings but still no luck...

Should i update to 1.1.4?is it stable/safe?what tutorials should i use?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by a-max View Post
    Help!!!

Well i've bought an IPhone last year that came with version 1.1.1,everything worked allright until a couple of days ago when my iphone froze and i had to restore/jailbreak/unlock via anysim...well last night my Iphone had another problem:

While i was in a call...i've noticed that suddenly i couldn't hear the other person talking to me only when i set the phone on speaker.

So after doing some research i've noticed that:
    I can't hear any phone calls but they can hear me
    When i put the iphone on speaker...i can hear them and they can hear me
    When i use the headphones...they can hear me and i can hear them.

I've tried pressing the silent/ringer button a couple of times and it DIDN'T WORK
    I've tried plugging and unplugging the headset and it still DOESN'T WORK
    I've tried double tapping the speaker button when in a call and it still refuses to work
    I've tried cleaning the place where the headphones enter the iphone and no luck.

Is there a software fix or should i restore/update to another version?

I believe that this problem appeared because i've restored the iphone a couple of days before so i don't think it's a hardware problem only a software one.

I've also had the same issue when i've bought the iphone,after unlocking it so this is a common problem.

Could somebody help me...i have no idea what to do.....

UPDATE:Well i've reinstalled the firmware(didn't virginize the phone...just using itunes and then activate the phone) and no luck...i've tried plugging and unplugging the headphones a few times and still no luck...from time to time i do hear the caller...but for a short period of time...don't know how i do it.

If it were the headphones plug/unplug bug i should have no sound when i click on the dialpad numbers but i have sound....

I've tried resetting all settings but still no luck...

Should i update to 1.1.4?is it stable/safe?what tutorials should i use?
    You may want to use itunes to restore to 1.1.4 and then setup your iphone as NEW. It is important setup as new because the restore from old data has caused some problems on jailbreaks. Use one of the current jailbreak methods. I am partial to the Mac version of Pwntool, but there is also a windows version called winpwn.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

What itunes version should i use or it doesn't matter?by "then setup your iphone as NEW" you mean to virginize the phone?and how do i do this?what about the ziphone method of unlocking firmware 1.1.4,it it any good or are there to many problems after unlocking?

Thanks

What itunes version should i use or it doesn't matter?by "then setup your iphone as NEW" you mean to virginize the phone?and how do i do this?what about the ziphone method of unlocking firmware 1.1.4,it it any good or are there to many problems after unlocking?
    Just use the latest itunes. Restore back to 1.1.4. After it restores back to 1.1.4 you will be given a selection. Select NEW...Give it a new name. No need to virginize.
    Many folks have had problems with ziphone. That's entirely up to you.
    Last edited by hiflyer; 05-05-2008 at 12:13 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

A-Max I had the same problem... No sound through the ear speaker. I did every restore, upgrade and update possible. My iphone was 1.02 to 1.1.1. All worked fine then very much static, then dead. I had to change the ear speaker myself. A known defect in the Iphone and major pain to change yourself. Done and works great. I tried all the solutions listed all over the place, q-tip, pulling out the earphone plug, and nothing. I had to change the part. I can give you the website if you need to order the parts. Not expensive at all.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

^ Please provide info! Pics and a DIY write-up would be best.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eclipse4396 View Post
    A-Max I had the same problem... No sound through the ear speaker. I did every restore, upgrade and update possible. My iphone was 1.02 to 1.1.1. All worked fine then very much static, then dead. I had to change the ear speaker myself. A known defect in the Iphone and major pain to change yourself. Done and works great. I tried all the solutions listed all over the place, q-tip, pulling out the earphone plug, and nothing. I had to change the part. I can give you the website if you need to order the parts. Not expensive at all.
    Please provide any documentation that could be an assist in how to remove and change/order the parts...i dind't try to update to 1.1.4 yet i'll do this in this weekend...i'll keep you posted.

BTW:I'm not from the US so if you could you provide a website that ships internationally...it would be great

UPDATE:Is there a software that could test the ear speaker or to make sound come out of it...because i want to know if the speaker is really dead before i try to remove it...in case the update to 1.1.4 doesn't fix the problem....
    Last edited by a-max; 05-07-2008 at 06:51 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Well just updated to 1.1.4 and it still the ear speaker doesn't work...even worse now i'm having issues with the wi-fi...it keeps disconnecting...so it seams the ear speaker has broked down...so could somebody please provide:
    -info on how to replace the ear speaker(if you could provide a video,photos,it would be great)
    -what parts should i buy?and from where(i leave in Europe,Romania so a website that ships international would be great)
    -info on how to fix the WI-fi issue that i'm now having...

BTW:I've used Iliberty+ for unlocking/activating/etc......

PLEASE HELP!!!

UPDATE:I've just found out that if i blow into the ear speaker it suddenly works for a while...1-2 minutes...then it doesn't work anymore until i blow again...i remembered that i've installed AUDIOAMP the day the ear speaker died...so now i don't know what to do...
    Last edited by a-max; 05-13-2008 at 05:39 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Sounds like a hardware issue to me and no amount or restoring or software fixes is going to solve your problem.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Well could somebody tell me where could i buy a earspeaker replacement then...i've googled and didn't find anything,only rubbish.

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Replacement-...ayphotohosting
    Is this the ear speaker i need?
    Last edited by a-max; 05-14-2008 at 02:10 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi,

I've got the same issue as the original poster but I'm using OS version 3.1.3. I opened up my iPhone to replace the back housing and after putting it back together I now can't hear from or talk via the normal phone operating mode (I can talk via bluetooth and speaker phone ok).

I haven't opened up the touchscreen/digitizer component of the iPhone to check that any connection is bad. Would anyone hazard a guess as to what is wrong?

Thanks,
    ddden

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default same
    Well just updated to 1.1.4 and it still the ear speaker doesn't work...even worse now i'm having issues with the wi-fi...it keeps disconnecting...so it seams the ear speaker has broked down...so could somebody please provide:
    -info on how to replace the ear speaker(if you could provide a video,photos,it would be great)
    -what parts should i buy?and from where(i leave in Europe,Romania so a website that ships international would be great)
    -info on how to fix the WI-fi issue that i'm now having...

BTW:I've used Iliberty+ for unlocking/activating/etc......

PLEASE HELP!!!

UPDATE:I've just found out that if i blow into the ear speaker it suddenly works for a while...1-2 minutes...then it doesn't work anymore until i blow again...i remembered that i've installed AUDIOAMP the day the ear speaker died...so now i don't know what to do...
    ive got the same,, i can hear all sounds, but when i start calling i hear nothing without headphones. also my wi-fi hasnt been working correctly since then.
    (have 2 say that i also replaced my own screen and might have broken a connection)