Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
Thread: I give up!
11-01-2007, 05:58 PM #1I give up!
I've tried every damn guide/solution out there.
I still can't this phone unlocked and working.
Bought a 4gb 1.0.2 iPhone a couple months ago.
Unlocked it with AnySim (first version) to work with T-Mobile.
Accidently upgraded to FW1.1.1
Tried downgrading, unlocking, etc..
NOthing is working.
My final step.....
Pay 1 of you to fix it.
Yes, I'll send it to you for fixing. Then you send it back.
11-01-2007, 09:04 PM #2
Don't give up. Say some more about what went wrong in the process.
You said you tried downgrading and unlocking but did you virginize the baseband first ? You'll have to do that if you had used 1st version of Anysim.
11-01-2007, 09:07 PM #3
i have tried every virginize and revirginize trick out there.
still no go.
11-01-2007, 09:31 PM #4
You're not making it easy for people to help you. Why don't you provide a little more detail.
11-01-2007, 11:37 PM #5
I will be glad to fix it for you. Just send me an email. To Truckerbear at gmail dot com
Seriously.8 gig iPhone Edge 2G (first day iPhone): UNLKD/JB using bootneuter and blackra1n.
8 gig iPhone 3G (first day iPhone): UNLKD/JB using Whited00r CFW
16 gig iPhone 3GS (new bootrom): UNLKD/JB using ultrasn0w/limera1n.
16 gig Wifi iPad first day iPad JB using greenpois0n.
32 gig Wifi/3G iPad first day iPad UNLKD/JB using greenpois0n.
32 gig iPhone 4(first day iPhone): UNLKD/JB using ultrasn0w/greenpois0n
Apps: 157 installed 25 developed.
11-02-2007, 07:19 AM #6
Here's what i did:
Bought a 4gb iphone from apple store.
Used independence to activate, jailbreak, etc.
Uploaded AppTapp for installer (old version).
Installed AnySim (old version) to unlock.
Unlocked and put in T-Mobile SIM card.
Apple releases FW 1.1.1
Waited until solution(s) were made for upgrade to 1.1.1
I think I updated through iTunes, bricking it.
Have followed almost every guide out there to virginize, revirginze, downgrade, upgrade, update, etc., etc.
I tried terminal coding on Mac and iPhone.
I tried the call method with AppSnapp.
Everything! That I can find or think of.
AnySim say it unlocks successfully, but still says incorrect sim.
I'm on a MAC.
Even tried to use Windows XP in Parallels to try to use a PC method, but could not get the iPhone to show up.
Thanks for your help.
11-02-2007, 07:36 AM #7
Man, I am in the same boat as you except I haven't tried a couple other things. However, seeing where you are at doesn't make me feel good. I can't believe I frickin didn't think to prepare my phone before updating, just wasn't thinking.
Gonna try virginizing and bandbase downgrade tonight.
Apple will know my phone is unlocked if I send it into them huh?
Man this sucks!
11-02-2007, 12:28 PM #8
I feel your pain. am on the verge of giving up with my iphone and selling it on ebay.
Ive got a new iphone, gave it to a mate to unlock (as hed done his 1.0.2), he downgraded the firmware on mine, jailbrock and activated, installed ssh, open source and bsd etc, added the old 1Unlock, it all compleated but sim wont work, so he gave it back to me.
Im on PC, hes on mac. ive followed all the guides, can reinstall the FW - 1.0.2, but cannot get ibrkr to work. have tried every method to activate and jailbreak and it wont work.
Its nice to know others have stubbon phones :-)
11-02-2007, 12:56 PM #9
Id be glad to fix any phones, ill do it for free to, you shouldn't have to pay for that.