+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 28

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: HELP!!Why do i get INCORRECT SIM

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
Ok! FINALLY i was able to downgrade to the 3.14.08 baseband after weeks of unsuccesful tries but know when i insert my ATT SIM (legit cus. BTW) i get incorrect
...
  1. #1
    Green Apple Nemesis45's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    In HELL!!
    Posts
    87
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Exclamation HELP!!Why do i get INCORRECT SIM
    Ok! FINALLY i was able to downgrade to the 3.14.08 baseband after weeks of unsuccesful tries but know when i insert my ATT SIM (legit cus. BTW) i get incorrect SIM also i notice my IEMI is somw wierd # please help


    THANKS FOR YOU TIME!!!
    (/)EMESIS

  2. #2
    Retired Moderator DoerrFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    2,291
    Thanks
    143
    Thanked 461 Times in 229 Posts

    You still need to virginize its in the Wiki section.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to DoerrFan For This Useful Post:

    Nemesis45 (10-28-2007)

  4. #3
    Green Apple Nemesis45's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    In HELL!!
    Posts
    87
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    ok! i'am using Virginator v0.3 to do that but it gets stuck on waiting for data.....any ideas



    Thanks

    Quote Originally Posted by DoerrFan View Post
    You still need to virginize its in the Wiki section.
    SUCCESS THANKS I SOLVE THE PROBLEM THE VIRGIN TOOL hey! those this mean i could upgrade without getting brick
    Last edited by Nemesis45; 10-28-2007 at 10:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    (/)EMESIS

  5. #4
    Retired Moderator DoerrFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    2,291
    Thanks
    143
    Thanked 461 Times in 229 Posts

    yup upgrade away but do prejailbreak with independence

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to DoerrFan For This Useful Post:

    Nemesis45 (10-30-2007)

  7. #5
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    106
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 22 Times in 7 Posts

    use elite's revirgin tool but make sure you have no sim card installed throughout the whole process, then use carnival to activate it.

  8. #6
    Green Apple Nemesis45's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    In HELL!!
    Posts
    87
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    SUCCESS!!! many thanks i was able to upgrade with out a problem many thanks
    (/)EMESIS

  9. #7
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    20
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    can you please tell me how you did it i am planning on downgrading back to 1.2 but the same as you ive got the weird imei number of 004999010640000 that means i cant put any sim card or really do anything on my iphone please help me

  10. #8
    Green Apple Nemesis45's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    In HELL!!
    Posts
    87
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by nintendolinky View Post
    can you please tell me how you did it i am planning on downgrading back to 1.2 but the same as you ive got the weird imei number of 004999010640000 that means i cant put any sim card or really do anything on my iphone please help me
    Sure! no problem!! first let me know what you are on! Pc or MAC oh! and did you already downgrade to 1.0.2 or you about to do that
    (/)EMESIS

  11. #9
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    I had the same proble and no my iphone is on the "Incorrect SIM... unauthorized SIM" or whatever. I'm using a Mac and my iPhone was running 1.0.2 (ATT user). I had unlocked it long time ago but I got locked again so I decided to restore my iPhone and retry the unlock (again with iUnlock), it was successful but since I read that many people had unlocked their iPhones running 1.1.1 I decided to do the upgrade following every step of the Deverginize, downgrade, the upgrade again, etc.
    After upgrading to 1.1.1 and I had installed anySim I tried to unlock my phone with my foreign SIM as the screen said but I the program was unable to do so, on my last attempt the phone froze and I had to restart it. After this I decided to keep my lock iPhone running 1.1.1 with apps but when I inserted my ATT SIM I got the same message of "Incorrect SIM....." and I haven't been able to get my phone to work again. I have tried downgrading my Firmware back to 1.0.2 and nothing, tried to reactivate through iTunes and nothing, tried with 1.1.1 and 1.0.2.
    So if anyone could help me I will appreciate it, otherwise I will have to use my iPhone as an iPod Touch until I'm able to unlock it I guess.

  12. #10
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    20
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    i also have this problem

  13. #11
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    41
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts

    I having the same problem, I'm getting a 00499901....... all this after I had a 1.0.2 Iphone that was unlocked with AnySim and i wanted to upgrade so i tried this like 6 times and i'm still getting "Incorrect SIM" a bad IMEI

    I did:

    Phase 1 :: Downgrade iPhone 1.1.1 to firmware 1.0.2 (No errors) O.K

    Phase 2 :: Downgrading iPhone BaseBand from v4.xx to v3.14 and reversing anySIM/iUnlock messup's (no errors) O.K

    Phase 3 :: Fix your corrupt seczone! (no errors) O.K

    Phase 4 :: Unlocking your iPhone using anySIM1.1p (Success)

    I'm using the same sim that came with the phone, What the hell am i doing wrong? Please help me.

  14. #12
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    I get this in the Terminal screen while executing the Virginize process\

    -------------------------------------

    Last login: Wed Oct 31 20:24:00 on ttyp1
    Welcome to Darwin!
    DPF-Computer:~ DPF$ ssh -l root 192.168.1.101
    [email protected]'s password:
    Last login: Wed Oct 31 17:35:32 2007 from 192.168.1.102
    -sh-3.2# cd /usr/bin
    -sh-3.2# ls
    -sh: ls: command not found
    -sh-3.2#

    No I have an IMEI 0113000.... but I get no ICCID
    Last edited by paredes_fontanals; 10-31-2007 at 06:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  15. #13
    Green Apple Nemesis45's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    In HELL!!
    Posts
    87
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Ok!

    For all that unlocked your iPhones try the Virginize your iPhones again and should get your original IMEI again

    and for those who downgraded they Baseband to 3.14 you have to virginize you iphone also to get you IMEI back an then you can unlock and/Or upgrade to 1.1.1 then unlocked

    download the virginzer tool here: http://code.google.com/p/iphone-elite/downloads/list
    Last edited by Nemesis45; 10-31-2007 at 06:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    (/)EMESIS

  16. #14
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    is the baseband the same as modem firmware? Right now I have 04.01.13_G
    How can I get back to 3.x. I had virginized my phone b4 but is not happening anymore.... Should I upgrade back to 1.1.1 and divirginize my phone?

  17. #15
    Green Apple Nemesis45's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    In HELL!!
    Posts
    87
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by paredes_fontanals View Post
    I had the same proble and no my iphone is on the "Incorrect SIM... unauthorized SIM" or whatever. I'm using a Mac and my iPhone was running 1.0.2 (ATT user). I had unlocked it long time ago but I got locked again so I decided to restore my iPhone and retry the unlock (again with iUnlock), it was successful but since I read that many people had unlocked their iPhones running 1.1.1 I decided to do the upgrade following every step of the Deverginize, downgrade, the upgrade again, etc.
    After upgrading to 1.1.1 and I had installed anySim I tried to unlock my phone with my foreign SIM as the screen said but I the program was unable to do so, on my last attempt the phone froze and I had to restart it. After this I decided to keep my lock iPhone running 1.1.1 with apps but when I inserted my ATT SIM I got the same message of "Incorrect SIM....." and I haven't been able to get my phone to work again. I have tried downgrading my Firmware back to 1.0.2 and nothing, tried to reactivate through iTunes and nothing, tried with 1.1.1 and 1.0.2.
    So if anyone could help me I will appreciate it, otherwise I will have to use my iPhone as an iPod Touch until I'm able to unlock it I guess.
    Did you Downgrade your baseband!! to 3.14

    Quote Originally Posted by paredes_fontanals View Post
    is the baseband the same as modem firmware? Right now I have 04.01.13_G
    How can I get back to 3.x. I had virginized my phone b4 but is not happening anymore.... Should I upgrade back to 1.1.1 and divirginize my phone?
    OK! you have to Downgrade the baseband in order for the virginzer tool to work

    here use this guide
    http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/Dow...nd_OS_X_iPhone


    Then you can upgraded to 1.1.1 and unlock
    Last edited by Nemesis45; 10-31-2007 at 06:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    (/)EMESIS

  18. #16
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    No i havent, I have tried but can't get back again.
    I have been trying to fix my phone for the past 24 hours straight and can't get it right a bit overwhelmed with info now

    I tried doing that but it seems that Im missing some files in the folder usr/bin
    thats why I think Im getting this Last login: Wed Oct 31 20:24:00 on ttyp1
    Welcome to Darwin!
    DPF-Computer:~ DPF$ ssh -l root 192.168.1.101
    [email protected]'s password:
    Last login: Wed Oct 31 17:35:32 2007 from 192.168.1.102
    -sh-3.2# cd /usr/bin
    -sh-3.2# ls
    -sh: ls: command not found
    -sh-3.2#
    Last edited by paredes_fontanals; 10-31-2007 at 06:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  19. #17
    Green Apple Nemesis45's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    In HELL!!
    Posts
    87
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by paredes_fontanals View Post
    No i havent, I have tried but can't get back again.
    I have been trying to fix my phone for the past 24 hours straight and can't get it right a bit overwhelmed with info now

    I tried doing that but it seems that Im missing some files in the folder usr/bin
    thats why I think Im getting this Last login: Wed Oct 31 20:24:00 on ttyp1
    Welcome to Darwin!
    DPF-Computer:~ DPF$ ssh -l root 192.168.1.101
    [email protected]'s password:
    Last login: Wed Oct 31 17:35:32 2007 from 192.168.1.102
    -sh-3.2# cd /usr/bin
    -sh-3.2# ls
    -sh: ls: command not found
    -sh-3.2#

    Look!!

    use this guide

    http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/Dow...nd_OS_X_iPhone

    but instead of terminal use Mobile Terminal......
    (/)EMESIS

  20. #18
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    20
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    these are my stats:

    Version 1.0.2
    Modem Firmware 04.01.13_G
    And I'm getting the incorrect sim message

    Also, Im using windows

  21. #19
    Green Apple Nemesis45's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    In HELL!!
    Posts
    87
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by EnglishTourist View Post
    these are my stats:

    Version 1.0.2
    Modem Firmware 04.01.13_G
    And I'm getting the incorrect sim message
    Downgrade you baseband to 03.14.08 once you done that used the virginizer tool
    (/)EMESIS

  22. #20
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    20
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    are there any tutorials for idiots out there

    nvm found one
    Last edited by EnglishTourist; 10-31-2007 at 07:58 PM.

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts