+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: IM IN BIG TROUBLE, jailbreak help anyone?

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
Hey guys, Well, like most people on this forum i got my iphone with the sole intention of unlocking and using with t-mobile. I got it, opened it and followed
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Exclamation IM IN BIG TROUBLE, jailbreak help anyone?
    Hey guys,

Well, like most people on this forum i got my iphone with the sole intention of unlocking and using with t-mobile.

I got it, opened it and followed instructions to jailbreak and activate using INdependence... everything was going smooth until i realized the jailbreak brought up that weird issue where the iphones capacity showed just as 300mb (this showed up both in itunes and on the actual iphone's 'about' tab). I read somewhere that this issue was no biggie and that running the jailbreak again wouldfix it.. well i did but first i had to re-jail my phone... so i did, then tried running the jailbreak once more and an error message saying "had problems when writing modified Services.plist" i have no clue what this means but i see that some forums specify that when doing jailbreaks on a Mac one must replace this 'Services.plist' file, correct? well i still have not managed to find this file and i notice my computer did not generate the Lockdown folder within System/Library/... at what stage is this Lockdown folder supposed to be created anybody know?

I tried entering itunes with recovery mode and tried to restore iphone (since itunes will not recognize it anymore) but after running the software upgrade it ends up by saying my phone cannot be restored "unkown error (-18)"... so im pretty much between the sword and a tight spot... any one know of a master reboot that will just restore all working files back to the iphone? i tired downgrading but it just wouldnt work. Im on the 1.1.1 release so...

however the good news is i did manage to activate the phone, well, fake activate so i have full access to all functions except calling of coure.I can make my way around terminal, and i am on a macbook Pro... i dont know if this helps.

ANY FEEDBACK WHATSOEVER ON HOW I CAN REFLASH MY PHONE WITH ALL NEW SOFTWARE (OR AT LEAST FIX THE FILES THAT ARE ******) OR FIX THIS THING WITH THE SERVICES.PLIST FILE SO I CAN RE-JAILBREAK USING INDEPENDENCE. ALL GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!

CHEERS,

Neuromant.
    Last edited by neuromant; 10-26-2007 at 07:52 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone bchilton9's Avatar
    Thanks

Step 4

While you're connected, issue a few commands to regain syncability with iTunes. In the winSCP terminal window (ctrl+t) type the following commands:

rm /var/root/Media
    mv /var/root/Media.old /var/root/Media

Note: This will fix iTunes saying your iPhone's capacity is 300mb.

from here:
    http://www.modmyi.com/wiki/index.php..._1.1.1_Windows

this is how i corrected the 300mb problem on mine

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Greatly apprciated! hadnt tried that out yet, ill let u know how it goes. Now any idea on how to make it work again? because itunes wont even read the contents.. i suspect its something with me not replacing the Services.plist file... anyone???

iPhone? More like MyPhone bchilton9's Avatar
    Thanks

iTunes won't sync intell you switch the media/media.old files back
    Last edited by bchilton9; 10-26-2007 at 05:54 PM.