+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreaking isn't easy.

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
For the past 5 days, I've been trying to upgrade my 1.0.2 phone to 1.1.1 (With activation and unlocking). Ive re-virgnized, and tried following different jailbreak methods but 1) They
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Jailbreaking isn't easy.
    For the past 5 days, I've been trying to upgrade my 1.0.2 phone to 1.1.1 (With activation and unlocking). Ive re-virgnized, and tried following different jailbreak methods but 1) They don't seem to work. 2) They are not as detailed as they should be. 3) They don't include common errors people may make and such.

I am not complaining, I enjoy what this community does and hope It keeps up. My question is why do I feel like I'm the only one that can't do a simple thing to jailbreak it?

Thanks alot. In that case, If anyone wants to post the easiest method to virginize a 1.0.2 phone, and upgrade it to a 1.1.1 (Activated & Unlocked), pls do.

My iPhone is a Part of Me pokekid's Avatar
    Thanks

its actually easy as hell to do it

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

yea, i spent like 2 days going from guide to guide on how to jailbreak my phone and i have been unsuccessful! and ur right, they don't mention some of the problems that i have encountered. just hoping some1 can make a more clear and definite guide with the types of problems one can encounter! thnax

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

jailbreakme.com... install straight straight to your phone using your safari browser. Have fun

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jaepoori View Post
    jailbreakme.com... install straight straight to your phone using your safari browser. Have fun
    Just a question about jailbreakme.com
    I'm using iPhone with 1.1.1 FW , haven't jailbroken yet or unlocked. BUt i really want all those stuff that installer gives you to enjoy the iPhone. I just wonder if there is anything i need to do before jailbreaking my phone from jailbreakme.com if i've never jailbroked or unlocked my phone. I'm an AT&T user.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,852 Times in 811 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by metelskiy View Post
    Just a question about jailbreakme.com
    I'm using iPhone with 1.1.1 FW , haven't jailbroken yet or unlocked. BUt i really want all those stuff that installer gives you to enjoy the iPhone. I just wonder if there is anything i need to do before jailbreaking my phone from jailbreakme.com if i've never jailbroked or unlocked my phone. I'm an AT&T user.
    nope, u r good 2 go! just visit jalbreakme.com and then you'll be minutes away from having some awesome 3rd party apps on ur phone..cheers

7. The Following User Says Thank You to toyvan For This Useful Post:

metelskiy (11-02-2007)

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I'm for about to go to jailbreakme.com but just last question. After I jailbreak my phone and let's say I'll have something wrong with it that warranty may cover, will I be able to to back to the phones state where warranty will will work out? I'm guessing that jailbreaking is voiding the warranty right?

And if I'll jailbreak my phone and let's say for example Apple will release new Firmware next month, will I be able to upgrade simply just like I wouldnt jailbreak my phone? Sorry for stupid questions but
    please answer someone. Thanks a lot, cant wait to jailbreak but want to know qustions above before doing it.
    Last edited by metelskiy; 11-02-2007 at 03:53 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,852 Times in 811 Posts

Yes, after you jailbreak your phone it does void your warranty with apple, but you can restore your phone via itunes to its original state if you experience any problems...I would advise to never update to any new firmware without making sure it won't brick your phone like 1.1.1 did to alot of people...there are usually new methods of hacking your phone within a couple weeks after a new firmware is released, thanks 2 all the hardworking developers out there, so I would suggest waiting for those methods after any new firmware is released before u update...what typically happens if you update your firmware after you jailbreak ur phone is it gets restored to its original state and then u just have to jailbreak again and install all your 3rd party apps again..cheers!
    Last edited by toyvan; 11-02-2007 at 05:18 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    am I supposed to be on WiFi? Cuz I just went to jailbreakme.com over the EDGE adn when I tapped install the safari closes and I waited for 5 mins and than nothing happening. Is that becuz of not using WiFi?

iPhone? More like MyPhone knowtheobscure's Avatar
    Thanks

Use wifi... and it takes about 20 seconds at most with a good connection.
    All is... so Accept and Just Be

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Here in Portland we have free WiFi all over the city, and for some reason when i try to connect to WiFi it says "Unable to connect" and not just this one, it says to the most of connections. To say the truth, since i own an iPhone i wasn't able to use WiFi yet since it can't connect. I been to Starbucks couple times and it actually did connect but when i try to go to any web it sends me to some tmobile page where i have to log in with user name and password in order to use WiFi. I think something wrong with that. &#37

so i guess jailbreakme.com works only on WiFi.. tryied two time over EDGE. Nothing happening.
    Last edited by metelskiy; 11-03-2007 at 02:08 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost