+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ssh brings up -sh-3.2#

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
Hi, I am starting today to revirginize my iphone 1.0.2 (it was unlocked with unlock.app and anysim.) and working great so far. When I follow the instructions from modmyi, put
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Unhappy ssh brings up -sh-3.2#
    Hi,

I am starting today to revirginize my iphone 1.0.2 (it was unlocked with unlock.app and anysim.) and working great so far.

When I follow the instructions from modmyi, put all the files onto the iphone and then ssh into my iphone, enter user, enter pass, then a strange prompt comes up: It looks so:

-sh-3.2#

Everything I do after this is reduced to enter to letters or digits, than a linebreak follows automatic and the connection is terminated.

I searched here the forums, but it seems that I am the only one, or not?

thanks
    wombat959

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wombat959 View Post
    Hi,

I am starting today to revirginize my iphone 1.0.2 (it was unlocked with unlock.app and anysim.) and working great so far.

When I follow the instructions from modmyi, put all the files onto the iphone and then ssh into my iphone, enter user, enter pass, then a strange prompt comes up: It looks so:

-sh-3.2#

Everything I do after this is reduced to enter to letters or digits, than a linebreak follows automatic and the connection is terminated.

I searched here the forums, but it seems that I am the only one, or not?

thanks
    wombat959
    I have exactly the same thing since upgrading to 1.1.1, no one seems to have a solution as of yet.

Green Apple
    Thanks

i had the same problem. first off is this the only phone you're trying to hack on this one computer of yours or did you hack one already? I did my phone and then a friends phone and got what you're getting.

what i finally figured out was on my macbook i created a new user account and gave the account admin status. then i did all the normal stuff. also first i change the root password with independence and then did the new account thingy. i still got the -ssh3.2 but it didn't kick me out once an entry was made.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by catmando View Post
    i had the same problem. first off is this the only phone you're trying to hack on this one computer of yours or did you hack one already? I did my phone and then a friends phone and got what you're getting.

what i finally figured out was on my macbook i created a new user account and gave the account admin status. then i did all the normal stuff. also first i change the root password with independence and then did the new account thingy. i still got the -ssh3.2 but it didn't kick me out once an entry was made.
    Hold on. You created a new account on your Mac, but later you said you had to change the root password on the iPhone before creating the account. So do you need to create a new user on the iPhone or on the Mac?

EDIT: If you have to create a new user ID, that means somewhere in your personal library some data is being left behind. Anyone know what that might be so we can simply erase the leftovers?

Green Apple
    Thanks

i don't think the phone had left over data but the invisible file that is created on the mac side is being referenced by the phone.

so just to clearify these are the steps i took to make the phone not kick me out in the terminal via ssh.

1. I made a new account on my macbook and gave is admin status.(obviously you'll need to keep all those data files and application on the root directory of your hard drive so that it can be accessed by this account).
    2. I then did the virginizing of the phone. after act. and jailbreak i also changed the root accounts pass word in independence under the ssh tab. (the one in the middle).
    3. then finally i did the virginizing.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Found that if you re-do a baseband downgrade to 1.0.2. you can get out of this loop...

Took me about 2 hours to figure it out last night but it was a good learning experience...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GSXRikal View Post
    Found that if you re-do a baseband downgrade to 1.0.2. you can get out of this loop...

Took me about 2 hours to figure it out last night but it was a good learning experience...
    I just got everything else working. I'm not about to downgrade my baseband from 1.1.1 back to 1.0.2 for this. There's got to be another answer.