Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Part of touchscreen not working

Default Part of touchscreen not working
    Hi there, I have been searching for someone else with my problem and found almost noone. The very bottom 1/4 to 1/2 inch of my screen will not respond anymore. My first instinct was to send it back, but seeing as how I had installed so many 3rd party apps I was afraid to do so thinking that my warranty would be void. I have been reading alot of these "virginizing" threads and wanted to know if any of the methods made the phone truly "virgin." I started down the path in ReVans thread stickied in this forum, but cant input the commands into the mobile terminal because I cant hit the lower left button to change my characters into the necessary "-" and "/" required to execute the commands. Im with ATT so I never did an unlock or sim swap, my account with att is legit, so I dont even know if some of this virginizing is for me. Hard to tell.

Also, I read somewhere, and cant find again, that the screen shouldnt go out in sectors like this, and that the problem is probably software related. Can anyone offer some insight into this? The problem occured shortly after I installed Dock, summerboard and a few other springboard mods on my 1.0.2 phone. I uninstalled everything thru installer and it didnt fix it. I did a restore. I upgraded to 1.1.1, then downgraded back to 1.0.2, all with no effective fix. I am willing to return the phone for repair, but scared to lose my warranty. Any advice?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I'm not 100% on the subject, but I don't think you need to virginize if you didn't unlock (virginize has to do with the baseband)... A simple restore through iTunes ought to get your phone back to factory settings to bring in to Apple. It might even fix the problem, especially if it is software related. I think I've heard of this happening before, though. If my memory serves me, I think they concluded that he had a dud and he swapped it out at an Apple store. Anyway, hope that helps.

this happend to me and i sent it to APPLE and they do not care of 3rd party apps. as long as you did not unlock your iphone you are able to return the iphone and get a completly new one, no questions asked. !!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to zoelis22 For This Useful Post:

Pateaux (10-25-2007)

Thanks!!

Sending it in asap

Have sucess in the restore your iPhone? And the problem? I have a same problem with my iphone.