+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Irreparable damage??? Help!!!

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
Irreparable damage??? Help!!! Hi, I just tried to unlock a iphone starting with the jailbreak. Though I was NOT using iTunes 7.4.x the possible error described on this page http://www.modmyi.com/wiki/inde...one_activation
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Exclamation Irreparable damage??? Help!!!
    Irreparable damage??? Help!!!
    Hi, I just tried to unlock a iphone starting with the jailbreak.

Though I was NOT using iTunes 7.4.x the possible error described on this page http://www.modmyi.com/wiki/inde...one_activation
    happened to me.

My phone doesnt stop scrolling down zillion lines of what looks like code... (see also description below)

"CAUTION What they didn't tell you is that the major problem is that, your phone will die! Your phone will not recover. Your screen will scroll with lots of text (some of some sort) and continue to even if you do a itunes recover. DO NOT USE THIS WITH iTUNES 7.4 at all!!"

What can I do now???
    There must be a way to restore the phone?!
    Thinking about trying to restore wit firmware 1.1.1 but Apple itself warns about "irreparable damages".

Any help? Pleeeeease!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default samething
    hi
    the same thing happened to me. it is called kernel panic. u can type kernel panic on youtube and see a video of that thing happening.i am not an expert nor a hacker but i think it is beyond repair. SORRY. the reason why i am saying this is because i took my kernel panic iphone to the apple store. the rep at apple gave me a new iphone and i was done. but the catch to this is that this happened before the firmware 1.1.1 version was released. so all i can say is try taking it to the apple and act ignorant and tell them that this just started happening and u have no idea. maybe that might work.
    my brother told me that the reason for this happening is that we shud change the autolock setting to never. it is under settings>general. usually i had at 1 minute which is the lowest setting. this info is not stressed on any of the guides. so i had no idea.
    good luck with the apple store exchange.
    best
    acurakid

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blond13 View Post
    Irreparable damage??? Help!!!
    Hi, I just tried to unlock a iphone starting with the jailbreak.

Though I was NOT using iTunes 7.4.x the possible error described on this page http://www.modmyi.com/wiki/inde...one_activation
    happened to me.

My phone doesnt stop scrolling down zillion lines of what looks like code... (see also description below)

"CAUTION What they didn't tell you is that the major problem is that, your phone will die! Your phone will not recover. Your screen will scroll with lots of text (some of some sort) and continue to even if you do a itunes recover. DO NOT USE THIS WITH iTUNES 7.4 at all!!"

What can I do now???
    There must be a way to restore the phone?!
    Thinking about trying to restore wit firmware 1.1.1 but Apple itself warns about "irreparable damages".

Any help? Pleeeeease!!!
    Hi,

Have you tried to force it into restore mode.

Power it off:

Have iTunes running

Dock it

Hold the Home button, press the sleep buton for about 2 seconds and release BUT keep holding the home button.

If it works, after a while (takes upward of 30 seconds sometimes!) iTunes will see the phone in restore mode!!

Give it a try

Cant make it any worse!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to dalep For This Useful Post:

kingpin (10-28-2007)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Had that happen over the weekend...
    and almost had a panic attack. If I put it in restore mode, itunes would see it, but by the time I would click ok and restore, the code was scrolling and then the phone would disappear from itunes. My solution was to uninstall itunes, reboot (windows xp, btw), put the phone in restore mode, install itunes, do NOT reboot, start itunes and connect the phone. Itunes then seemed to keep the phone in restore mode and restored it. I actually had to do this a couple of times because ibrickr .91 kept messing up the jailbreak and doing this. In the end I just went with idemocracy, paykay and manual activation on 1.11.

Hope this helps and good luck!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Great_Pumpkin For This Useful Post:

rodeeze (10-28-2007)

iPhone? More like MyPhone rodeeze's Avatar
    Thanks
    Im going through this right now! So if i end up deleting itunes. what happens to my SYNC info? can i save it??

THIS IS EXACTLY WHATS GOING ON WITH MY PHONE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYVlmsrPBGk
    Last edited by rodeeze; 10-28-2007 at 06:09 PM.