Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Dumb Question

Default Dumb Question
    This will probably be a very obvious answer for you guys, but I am new to this whole process so please bear with me. I am trying to jailbreak my 1.1.1 with independence and I am doing the first step of downgrading. Now I downloaded the file from Apple and Safari automatically unzipped it. But inside the folder I do not see anything named restore, except one file that is a document and only 4kb big. What am I missing? thanks in advance.
    Kenn

ok here it is when you click to downgrade the Firmware IN INDEPENDENCE ... it asks for the firmware. ( i assume you found the firmware 1.0.2 on the downloads page) and you click that firmware and you've downgraded)... the next step is to go into Itunes and down grade. ( since safari automatically downgraded it doesn't have the file you need. ( i suggest to use Firefox so it doensn't automatically unzip the file.. because i don't konw where to not automatically un zip)

... ... ... this could go on for pages.. but let me just tell you where i found my information ( i upgraded 2 days ago with independance 1.2.3)
    If you go into the Help Bar and click around untill it gives you instructions it literally walks you through step for step... it is great all you have to do is click" Over view of interface" then " iphone Version 1.x.x" (insert your firmware one where you click_).. then follow them...)

i don't know if they ahve an easy way to install the AppTap stuff yet so used Bootcamp to do it from this web site

http://modmyi.com/forums/showthread....ller.app+1.1.1
    Mac is a way of life... my way of life.