+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: IPHONE 1.1.1 JAILBREAK WITHOUT DOWNGRADING + ACTIVATE WITHOUT ATT (mac&windows)

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
GUYS I HAVE BEEN WORING ON THIS ALL WEEK AND HERE IT IS I HAVE TO POINT OUT THE HARD WORK OF THE DEV TEAMS THANKS TO THEM.... IF YOU
    iPhone? More like MyPhone bilsta57's Avatar
    Thanks

Smile IPHONE 1.1.1 JAILBREAK WITHOUT DOWNGRADING + ACTIVATE WITHOUT ATT (mac&windows)
    GUYS I HAVE BEEN WORING ON THIS ALL WEEK AND HERE IT IS I HAVE TO POINT OUT THE HARD WORK OF THE DEV TEAMS THANKS TO THEM....

IF YOU NEED EXTENSIVE HELP SEND ME A PERSONAL MESSAGE AND I WILL PERSONALLY HELP YOU ONE ON ONE (IF I CAN) ON MSN FOR 20$ (THROUGH PAYPAL)

MAC GUIDE: FOLLOW THIS TO ENABLE SSH: http://modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11073/

THERE IS A WAY TO JAILBREAK 1.1.1 WITHOUT ACTIVATING http://modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11322/

ok first go to ON YOUR IPHONE http://jailbreak.rfidsecurity.com/

1. Download iPHUC and friends from Rapidshare: (http://www.rapidshare.com/files/6150...break.zip.html)
    (PPC users will have to download an extra file, iPHUC-PPC.zip while Intel users skip this file.)

2. Extract the contents so that iphuc, fstab, and iphonefs are all on the Desktop. For PPC users, drag the iPhuc to the trash and replace it with the iPhuc-PPC binary from step one.

3. Open Terminal.app located in Applications>Utilities

4. If you don't have libreadline, download it (http://rapidshare.com/files/61509655/opt.zip.html) and extract the zip to your Desktop, then in Terminal, type this command: sudo cp ~/Desktop/opt/local/lib/libreadline.5.2.dylib /opt/local/lib/ or just put the opt folder directly in your HD

5. Type cd ~/Desktop and hit return; use: cd "~/Desktop/Desktop - Jailbreak" if you let OSX extract it (Include quotes)

6. Type ./iphuc and hit return (You MUST use this iPHUC to do the jailbreak, you cannot use the normal iPHUC to do so, but after you finish the jailbreak, use the normal iPHUC)

7. Type the following into the iPHUC terminal

getfile /dev/rdisk0s1 iphonefs/rdisk0s1 314572800

without the quotes and hit return. Make sure your iPhone is plugged in via USB. This will take about five minutes so grab something to drink in the meantime. Once complete, there will be a file named "rdisk0s1" in your "iphonefs" folder

8. Add .dmg to the end of the file. It should end up being rdisk0s1.dmg

9. Double click the file to mount it

10. Open the newly mounted Snowbird3A109a.UserBundle drive and open the "etc" folder. Replace the fstab file inside the "etc" folder with the supplied fstab file.
    (See discussion for alternate steps to add Installer.app and patch SpringBoard at this point)

11. Unmount the image

12. Back in Terminal, assuming that you've kept iPHUC up and running, type

putfile iphonefs/rdisk0s1.dmg /dev/rdisk0s1

without quotes and hit return. This will take another minute or so.

13. When it's finished, reboot the iPhone. You can do this by holding the sleep and home button. Then turn it off. Then back on. You're jailbroken!

IF YOU HAVENT SCREWED YOUR BASEBAND GO AHEAD AND DO THIS:

second: put your NON ATT SIM IN (OK now i know what your thinking its jailbroken but wtf i cant make calls or anything its says activate with itunes)

Download the NEW iNdependance and it should say its jailroken if not thats ok go ahead and redo ALL the steps again ==DON'T REBOOT==(thats from my experience anyway i dont know but the last time i did it it wouldent boot because it was like semi-jailbroken) ok IF ALL IS GOOD GO AHEAD AND PRESS ACTIVATE PHONE REBOOT A COUPLE TIMES AND THATS IT oh and u can install like SSH by clicking on the SSH tab and installing.

This whole method is handy if you cant downgrade your iphone (like me i have no idea why its only worked once then i upgraded) or don't want to or simply you don't want to do all those complicated steps and just to point out this method is based off the ipod touches method its MANUAL method but i can assure you it works every time ====REMEMBER THIS IS STILL IN BETA BUT I HAVE TESTED IT AND IT WORKS===== please take into consideration touch free may be a good method for iphone jailbreak in windows but from my experience it has only ever worked once on an iphone BUT on an ipod it will work every time just keep that in mind that these auto-unlock methods MAY AND PROBABLY WILL brick your iphone if not give it 300mb of space after doing absolutely nothing. and i cant stress this enough WAIT FOR THE IPHONE VIRGINIZER if you have previously used the anySIM method that crashes and flashes the baseband BUT if you use iphonesimfree or turbosim this whole guide is safe.

WINDOWS GUIDE:

OK, so i know most of you out there use windows (DUUHH) well there is an easy way to jailbreak your iphone this is how:
    UPDATE: before you read this keep in mind that this could brick well no so much "brick" but screw its syncing up so beware of THIS method

step1: download touch free (http://www.slovix.com/touchfree/touchfree-alpha.exe) if that doesnt work try http://code.google.com/p/idemocracy
    step2: make sure you have the latest 1.1.1 firmware installed
    step3: if in this guide u just decide to update and you have had 1.0.2 up untill now you have a higher chance of success

step4: execute touchfree.exe or iDemocracy (click on it)
    step5: reboot and do as needed
    step6: IF all goes well Congratulations u have successfully jailbroken 1.1.1 the easy way if not well ill cover that later.

Notes for first run:
    ok, so your going to need to have wifi active (connected) so that you can run the TIFF exploit which is http://jailbreak.toc2rta.com/ (ONLY FOR TOUCHFREE) DONT GO THERE UNLESS YOU ARE IN THE PROCESS OF JAILBREAKING

just OTHER notes:
    when it asks you to go to http://jailbreak.toc2rta.com/ u go there on your IPHONE not your computer firefox/internet explorer browser. DONT GO TO HTTP://JAILBREAK.TOC2RTA.COM GO TO HTTP://JAILBREAK.RFIDSECURITY.COM/

NOTES ON SSH/SFTP
    -----------------

- Username to SSH is root, password is alpine
    - Recommended SSH client is PuTTY
    - Recommended SFTP client is WinSCP
    - If you're getting "connection timed out" errors, continually browse with Safari on the iPhone
    while trying to connect to keep wi-fi active.

ACTIVATE 1.1.1 ON WINDOWS THE EASY WAY

NEW SIMPLE WAY JUST HAVE SSH ENABLED THEN GO TO "USR" THEN "LIBEXEC" THEN UPLOAD THIS FILE AND OVERWRITE THE EXISTING LOCKDOWN FILE http://rapidshare.com/files/63822007/lockdownd.zip

By Bryce Thomas

NOTE THE LOCKDOWN FILE I PUT ON RAPIDSHARE IS AN INSTANT DOWNLOAD U DONT HAVE TO DO THAT WAITING
    Last edited by bilsta57; 11-01-2007 at 07:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

2. The Following User Says Thank You to bilsta57 For This Useful Post:

kk_maths97 (10-18-2007)

iPhone? More like MyPhone fletch33's Avatar
    Thanks

i am not able to get through this? here is my terminal picture. can you help? i am on an intel macbook.

here is what i have on my desktop

i tried it again by placing libreadline directly in my hard drive and skipping the cd "~/Desktop/Desktop - Jailbreak" step and this is what happened.

thanks
    Last edited by fletch33; 10-18-2007 at 08:04 AM.

Thanks

Of course ok first things first
    go to http://jaibreak.toc2rta.com/
    ok now what you have got to do is open itunes get it to sync after that try that same thing again if its not working quit all itunes processes or try a reboot of yur computer and try the whole process again this time it should start going crazy thats fine it should take 5 mins then follow step 8 from there i will be posting a working way to get SSH any more probs leave another comment

The most important thing is to execute iPHUC right so what you do is (copy and paste this into terminal)
    1. cd ~/Desktop (press enter) UPDATE: YOU JUST PUT cd ~/Desktop NOTHING ELSE
    2. ./iphuc (press enter)
    3. getfile /dev/rdisk0s1 iphonefs/rdisk0s1 314572800 (press enter) LEAVE THIS RUNNING DONT CLOSE
    4. add .dmg to your image that you just got which is located in iphonefs
    5.mount the snowbird image
    6. go to the folder "etc"
    7. replace fstab with the one on your desktop
    8. putfile iphonefs/rdisk0s1.dmg /dev/rdisk0s1 (press enter)
    9. after thats done you will know it will pause for about 2-3mins then it will come up with

(iPHUC) /:

NOW REBOOT AND ENJOY and follow the iNdependance steps

NEW POST:

it looks like libreadline is fine but to be sure give this a try again:

sudo cp ~/Desktop/opt/local/lib/libreadline.5.2.dylib /opt/local/lib/

or if ALL FAILS then reboot iphone reboot computer go to http://jailbreak.toc2rta.com/ on iphone wait for it to crash

then execute iPHUC in the post above and that should work

if not post back lol
    Last edited by bilsta57; 10-18-2007 at 08:45 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

thanks for your help and i let iphuc finish and then restarted as you described. i am using ATT so i dont need to do the following steps?

also i plugged it into itunes and i get that an iphone has been previously synced with this computer and it wants to restore? should i go ahead and restore?

i used iNdependance and added ssh etc...

thanks
    Last edited by fletch33; 10-18-2007 at 09:09 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I don't get it. i have a brand new 1.1.1. and how do i finish performing the jailbreak process if i haven't activate the phone yet? and how do i jailbreak the iphone if i haven't activated it yet? because in the jailbreaking process, i need to goto a website to run the TIFF exploit. i'm confused...=/

Thanks

Default Replys
    ok setup as new phone in itunes (from my experience it may re-lock it) and also i will be letting you know about the efficient SSH method VERY SOON

and you need to activate in order to jailbreak i am working on a method to jailbreak without having to activate. thank you for all the replys

im in australia so yeh sorry about the late reply

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Step #4:
    "If you don't have libreadline, download it (http://rapidshare.com/files/61509655/opt.zip.html) and extract the zip to your Desktop, then in Terminal, type this command: sudo cp ~/Desktop/opt/local/lib/libreadline.5.2.dylib /opt/local/lib/ or just put the opt folder directly in your HD"

I've placed the "opt" folder on the Desktop, and tried the command: sudo cp ~/Desktop/opt/local/lib/libreadline.5.2.dylib /opt/local/lib/ but I got the error:
    cp: directory /opt/local/lib does not exist.

Any idea why?
    Thanks,
    Kenny.

Thanks

Default reply
    ok drag the opt folder directly to your HD
    then type

cd ~/Desktop (press enter)
    ./iphuc (press enter)

and go from there
    Last edited by bilsta57; 10-18-2007 at 08:38 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to bilsta57 For This Useful Post:

xuanvu (10-18-2007)

Green Apple
    Thanks
    so to activate, i still need to restore 1.1.1 to 1.0.2 right??? do u have ny idea, when will be 1.1.1 activation tool will be out without restoring to 1.0.2

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi bilsta57,
    I got through that step, but I got the error on the next step (generating the rdisk0s1 file...) The error is:

getfile: Failed to open remote file: 8

What should I do?
    Thanks again for your help,
    Kenny.

Thanks

Default reply
    ok now your going to go to http://jailbreak.toc2rta.com/ on the iphone then try again if it fails open itunes get it to sync then try again or reboot the iphone and the computer redo all the steps or run iphuc again and try again that should work

kk_maths97 reply:

ok you dont have to downgrade at all to activate or anything but that being said if you have modified your baseband (used anySIM or iUnlock) then you wont be able to activate im working on a method now.....as to when auto activation software will be out i have no idea guessing soon but for now this is as close as youre going to get. If youre still using ATT and havent used an unlock go ahead and by all means try this method
    Last edited by bilsta57; 10-18-2007 at 09:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

The phone is not activated, how can I go on the internet and access that website?

Thanks,
    Kenny.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    thankx for ur last reply...

well my Iphone is also new. I mean i have tried unlocking it with anysim and iunlocker but i have not been successful with that even if i restored to 1.0.2 so now I have now restored back to 1.1.1 before 2 days by NOT clicking shift button while clicking on restore button in ITunes. so this process will help me unlock the IPhone with 1.1.1 ?

and how do i do this??? I mean my IPhone is not activated then how can i go to this page? and this process is for IPHONE right not IPOD because I am so confused because here it says IPhone and then when i open touchfree, it says" In Safari on your iPod, visit the URL:" and i dont have ipod so what and how to do this?

Notes for first run:
    ok, so your going to need to have wifi active (connected) so that you can run the TIFF exploit which is http://jailbreak.toc2rta.com/ DONT GO THERE UNLESS YOU ARE IN THE PROCESS OF JAILBREAKING

just OTHER notes:
    when it asks you to go to http://jailbreak.toc2rta.com/ u go there on your IPHONE not your computer firefox/internet explorer browser.
    Last edited by kk_maths97; 10-18-2007 at 10:36 PM.

Thanks

Default reply
    ok i know you dont want to pay money (I DONT) but in a situation like this i think its best to downgrade then either use iphonesimfree (my choice, its the best im using it now) or replace your baseband and use the new anySIM 1.1 its free but its fairly hard to do... ok so if you decide to use that anySIM method then you are going to have to use that automated server website described above to activate it after you have upgraded and jailbroken it same with iphonesimfree but iphonesimfree fixes what you have screwed up with iunlock and the OLD anySIM and its only 60$

any further questions post back

oh and from there when you upgrade with iphone sim free it says activate with itunes just plug it into your comp and it will just activate it plus you will be able to get to that website to jailbreak immediately

p.s I HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO WORK THAT AUTOMATED SERVER ACTIVATION SITE FOR WINDOWS SORRY
    Last edited by bilsta57; 10-18-2007 at 10:47 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    thankx buddy for quickest replies but i guess i m gonna have to wait for 1.1.1 unlock tool lol

Thanks

Default reply
    yeh soz bout that but the dev team are working on a virginizer then you jailbreak and run anysim 1.1 FOR FREEEEEE

Banned
    Thanks

i dont want to unlock my phone but will this get apps on my 1.1.1?

Livin the iPhone Life aziatiklover's Avatar
    Thanks

nice guys
     Think Different

Thanks

this method works great except i can not sync with itunes. everything else is fine itunes can see the iphone and everything but it just sticks at syncing contacts forever and doesnt ever actually sync. has anyone ever had this happen and if so how did you fix it?

ooh i should mention that i tried resetting isync and that didnt help.

thanks

Fox
    Green Apple
    Thanks

I've used all the methods to jailbreak my 1.1.1 iPhone, i've downgraded and upgraded so many times...and they all work.. This method is by far the easiest Method to Jailbreak your Phone.. I have Windows so I can't Speak for the MAC guys.. but seriously read the instructions.. Just start out with a fresh 1.1.1 phone, and run program and BAM!! A Jail broken 1.1.1. phone.

The Dev team Jailbreak can be a real pain in the *** with all the steps to follow and commands to do,, and all the resets.. oh and don't forget about the second SSH! I've done it a few times and got it to work.. I even used the "one Click Jailbreak" method also.. not really one click,but alot less than the Dev method.. I've gotten this one to work every time i've used it. Easy to use IMO.. if you want to jailbreak your phone use this method... it works..took all of 7mins to do.. Good Luck Fellas