+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: IPHONE 1.1.1 JAILBREAK WITHOUT DOWNGRADING + ACTIVATE WITHOUT ATT (mac&windows)

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
Originally Posted by Fox I've used all the methods to jailbreak my 1.1.1 iPhone, i've downgraded and upgraded so many times...and they all work.. This method is by far the
    iPhone? More like MyPhone fletch33's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    I've used all the methods to jailbreak my 1.1.1 iPhone, i've downgraded and upgraded so many times...and they all work.. This method is by far the easiest Method to Jailbreak your Phone..
    so are you able to sync? i have tried this many times and although it is easy i can never get it to sync with itunes afterwards.

Fox
    Green Apple
    Thanks

I can sync.. I had to go and re-click on all my items i wanted to sync.. something about a fresh phone.. try that..

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    I've used all the methods to jailbreak my 1.1.1 iPhone, i've downgraded and upgraded so many times...and they all work.. This method is by far the easiest Method to Jailbreak your Phone.. I have Windows so I can't Speak for the MAC guys.. but seriously read the instructions.. Just start out with a fresh 1.1.1 phone, and run program and BAM!! A Jail broken 1.1.1. phone.
    if you have a fresh out of the box 1.1.1, then how were you able to jailbreak without the phone being activated first?? because don't you need goto a website to do the TIFF exploit? thats the problem i'm having. i have a fresh 1.1.1, and i can't jailbreak because my phone isn't activated yet, and i can't activate because my phone isn't jailbroken yet

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bilsta57 View Post
    OK, so i know most of you out there use windows (DUUHH) well there is an easy way to jailbreak your iphone this is how:
    UPDATE: before you read this keep in mind that this could brick well no so much "brick" but screw its syncing up so beware of THIS method

step1: download touch free (http://www.slovix.com/touchfree/)
    step2: make sure you have the latest 1.1.1 firmware installed
    step3: if in this guide u just decide to update and you have had 1.0.2 up untill now you have a higher chance of success

step4: execute touchfree.exe (click on it)
    step5: reboot and do as needed
    step6: IF all goes well Congratulations u have successfully jailbroken 1.1.1 the easy way if not well ill cover that later.
    So your saying all i have to do to jailbreak 1.1.1 is run this program? thats it im good? than i can use ibrkr n ****? bc i dont feel like updateing to 1.1.1 n delete all my apps than find out it didnt work

iPhone? More like MyPhone bilsta57's Avatar
    Thanks

Default reply
    Hi guys i know some of you are confused about the syncing problem well i have a solution go to here and follow my other guide

http://modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11073

thats it

or if you already have ssh on it then just login and rename "Mediaold" to "Media" and "Media" to "Mediaold"

and to install apps on SSH its pretty easy... follow that guide to install installer.app then youll be able to install all the 1.0.2 games and stuff ibricker isn't supported by 1.1.1 so no sorry.. and yes it will get apps or allow you to put apps on your iphone
    Last edited by bilsta57; 10-19-2007 at 07:16 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Jodiedicie's Avatar
    Thanks

My husband is trying to do this and it keeps hanging at Step 2. It gets about 3/4 of the way through Step 2 and starts over again. Any ideas?

Thanks

Default reply
    Extract the files from the file that you downloaded (http://www.rapidshare.com/files/6150...break.zip.html) to the desktop then download libreadline from http://rapidshare.com/files/61509655/opt.zip.html and put the folder "opt" directly in your HD and open terminal then type

1. cd ~/Desktop (press enter)
    2. ./iphuc (press enter)
    3. getfile /dev/rdisk0s1 iphonefs/rdisk0s1 314572800 (press enter) LEAVE THIS RUNNING DONT CLOSE AT ALL
    4. add .dmg to your image that you just got which is located in iphonefs on the desktop
    5.mount the snowbird image
    6. go to the folder "etc"
    7. replace fstab with the one on your desktop
    UNMOUNT THE SNOWBIRD IMAGE
    8. go back to terminal and type: putfile iphonefs/rdisk0s1.dmg /dev/rdisk0s1 (press enter)
    9. after thats done you will know it will pause for about 2-3mins then it will come up with

(iPHUC) /:

NOW REBOOT AND ENJOY and follow the iNdependance steps
    Last edited by bilsta57; 10-19-2007 at 11:31 PM.

aaa
    Green Apple
    Thanks
    I have Vista.....does that mean I have the .NET framework or w/e needed?

I tried downloading it and it did but when I try to install it, it gives me errors.

Thanks

Default reply
    yes if you have vista you have .net already installed

Thanks

Wait..I don't understand, if my iphone is freash out of the box it needs to be activated..

To activate (without AT&T) you say i need to head onto a site in one of the steps

Don't i need to activate to use the web browser? So do i use the activating instructions first and THEN use the jailbreaking?

Thanks

Smile reply
    no you follow the jailbreak guide then you follow the step to upload that lockdown file i have provided through SSH then reboot and its activated without ATT

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

no you follow the jailbreak guide then you follow the step to upload that lockdown file i have provided through SSH then reboot and its activated without ATT
    Does that lockdownd allow the iPhone to be factory enabled ?
    If not, does the phone stay activated if I switch sim (non at&t) ?
    My phone is allready activated, can I still use your lockdownd ?
    No need to killall lockdownd ?
    Many questions, I know
    Keep up the good work !

Thanks

Smile reply
    1.yeh the lockdown makes it "factory activated"
    2.yeh its stays factory activated with any sim you put in it
    3.no no need to killah lockdown
    hope that helps

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

1.yeh the lockdown makes it "factory activated"
    2.yeh its stays factory activated with any sim you put in it
    3.no no need to killah lockdown
    hope that helps
    tx mate, will try !

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi!

I am also in Australia. I have two new 1.1.1 iPhones from the Apple Store USA

I am waiting on two TurboSIMs from Bladox (shipped on the 15th but its now 25th and I am still waiting to receive them).

I will need to Activate and Jailbreak, but not unlock (as I will be using the TurboSIMs).

Do you have any solutions that I can use on Windows XP - most I have seen are for Macs.

Thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I will need to Activate and Jailbreak, but not unlock (as I will be using the TurboSIMs).

Do you have any solutions that I can use on Windows XP - most I have seen are for Macs.
    I'm in the U.K., and I'm also looking for an easy way to just activate the 1.1.1 iPhone, nothing else. I'm not entirely sure if this guide requires the iPhone to be previously activated...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

The guide works fine but afterwards my iphone only has a 300 meg capacity. I can restore and go back to the factory settings and then restore back through itunes but how do I jailbreak it and still have access to the whole file system (ie my 8 gbs) and not be stuck at 300mbs. Is their a way to be jailbroken and still have full use of the 8 gbs?

Thanks

Smile reply
    ok look at the top of the post for how to jailbreak without activating and the 300meg capacity can be fixed by this connect to your iphone through SSH and rename Mediaold "Media" and then rename Media "Mediaold" also A3 Australia's question: use touchfree or iDemocracy

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12