Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Un-Jailbreaking 1.0.2

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Un-Jailbreaking 1.0.2
    Ok, long time lurker here... I've been using and LOVING my iPhone which I have jailbroken using AppTap. Its at firmware 1.0.2 and the themes and 3rd party apps have been great. So much so that I surely didn't want to risk the upgrade to 1.1.1.

That being said, I've been looking around for what should be a really simple answer to my question but with no luck finding it.

If I have a phone that is NOT UNLOCKED, ONLY Jailbroken/Unshackled and want to restore it to Factory default so I can bring it into an Apple store w/o worry or upgrade cleanly to 1.1.1 when Apple finally opens the API (I'm of the opinion that they eventually will) then how do I do so?

Since its already at 1.0.2 is it as simple as doing a RESTORE with iTunes? (NOTE: I haven't upgraded my iTunes beyond 7.4.2 and the firmware show within iTunes is still 1.0.2) I don't have to manually uninstall all the apps that I've installed on there prior, right since a restore will wipe it clean, right? Am I missing anything?

Thanks

Nope, you got it. Wipe clean... Not much more you can do.

yea, as long as its not unlocked, itunes restore is enough

what about if it was activated with INdependence?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ok, I'll have to search around for an answer to this but in the meantime..

if I try to do a RESTORE from within iTunes, it automatically goes and searches for 1.1.1 before proceeding (without an option to just restore 1.02).

How do you clean and restore to 1.0.2 without upgrading? (I'd like to wipe it clean to factory 1.0.2 before upgrading to 1.1.1)

thanks,

Nevermind... I found it. Press and hold the OPTION button (on Mac) when clicking RESTORE in iTunes to select the 1.0.2 PSW file (which I had backed up).

Proceeding now. Will post results when done.
    Last edited by SoCalDaveL; 11-01-2007 at 03:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Hold the alt or option when you click.