Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
Generalforums, a part of the
Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgradingsection;
Disclaimer: After doing allot of trial n error on my own in finding the fastest, safest and easiest method to Downgrade the firmware and get rid of anySIM/iUnlock/geobot hw mess...
10-15-2007, 04:07 PM #1
[GUIDE] Downgrade v1.1.1 to v1.0.2 + Fix Seczone (Automated) & Upgrade to v1.1.1
Disclaimer: After doing allot of trial n error on my own in finding the fastest, safest and easiest method to Downgrade the firmware and get rid of anySIM/iUnlock/geobot hw mess up on the Baseband and to restore it back to it's factory (untouched) state. This guide further emphasis on using only anySIM-1.1.p (which is the best way to unlock your phone without getting it bricked after upgrading to v1.1.1. anySIM1.0.2 messes up the seczone, NVRAM and baseband. This guide helps you not only fix the baseband but also your seczone, so that you can upgrade your phone to v1.1.1 and use it flawlessly.
Only for desperate measures, please ADD me on my Yahoo! IM. Will help you out personally with your problems.
There are too many unanswered posts for downgrading your baseband from v4.02 (FW v1.1.2) to v4.01 (FW v1.1.1)... please DO NOT post it here as this is not the right Thread for v1.1.2. Please go here instead http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17185
Anyways, please add i.unlock.no to your Installer Source and Install the 1.1.2 Baseband downgrade. Do this ONLY if you have accidentally upgraded your phone and wish to revert back to v1.1.1
10/24/2007 :: Update, now your can fix your SECZONE and easily upgrade to V1.1.1 without getting your iPhone bricked.
10/28/2007 :: Update, with improved REVIRGINIZER and easier instructions.
10/31/2007 :: Update, with improved anySIM installation and unlocking instructions on a v1.1.1 phone.
11/1/2007 :: Update, with finalized instructions for a flawless overall iPhonic experience.
11/04/2007 :: The main guide has been added with Phase 2.5 which deals with patching the corrupt IMEI i.e. 00499xxxxxx a.k.a "Invalid SIM Error" received even after a successful anySIM Unlock
11/05/2007 :: Update, with the recommended v1.1.1 Upgrade technique.
To be used with v1.0.2 ::
- iBrickr v0.91 (the best Windows to iPhone file system software)
- Saviour Pack (pay your respects to the Saviour Pack)
- wiNstaller (Prerequisites: .NET Framework v2.0 + .NET Framework v3.0)
- PACAY (aka ‘point and click activation with youtube’)
- Download Erica Sadun's Unlock.app and extract the Unlock.app folder.
- iPhone v1.0.2 Restore firmware
To be used with v1.1.1
First you need to do Phase 1 -> Phase 2 -> Phase 2.5 (optional to fix your 00499xxx IMEI or "Invalid SIM Error" after successful anySIM Unlock) -> Phase 3 -> Phase 3.5 -> Phase 4
Phase 1 :: Downgrade iPhone 1.1.1 to firmware 1.0.2
- Start iTunes and plug in your iPhone which is running the 1.1.1 firmware.
- Hold down the Sleep and Home button for 10 seconds. Allow the phone to power off, but keep holding down the buttons. After 10 seconds, let go of the Sleep button, but keep the Home button pressed until iTunes sees your iPhone. The screen on your iPhone should be displaying nothing right now. OR Use iBrickr v0.91 to help you get into DFU mode and restore v1.0.2
- iTunes will ask you if you want to restore. Hold down Option or Alt, I forget which (Shift if you are in Windows), and click restore. When iTunes asks you what file you would like to restore from, navigate to your folder where you've downloaded and saved v1.0.2.
- When it completes, you will get an error. The iPhone will display the yellow triangle on the screen. Leave iTunes open, and run AppTappInstaller and select firmware v1.0.2. This may give you an error, but you should see the "Activate iPhone" screen after.
- Close iTunes. Press CTRL + ALT + DELETE, find iTunesHelper.exe under processes and terminate it and run AppTapp again and select firmware v1.0.2
- Go to the folder where you extracted PACAY and start “(CLICK HERE) activate.bat”. Follow the steps on your screen. When it asks to power the iPhone off and on again: Hold the power button on the phone, slide the red slider, wait about 15 seconds and power the phone on again.
Congratulations! You've successfully Downgraded + Activated w/YouTube.
Phase 2 :: Downgrading iPhone BaseBand from v4.xx to v3.14x
I presume your iPhone is still connected to iTunes, if NOT then please do so... and keep it connected at ALL times.
- Extract the folder from the SaviourPack archive onto your drive.
- On the iPhone goto Settings > General > AutoLock > choose 'Never'
- Run iBrickr select Files, then goto /usr/bin/ and upload ALL the files ONE-by-ONE from the Saviour Pack folder.
- Press the Back link and come to the main screen of iBrickr. Now select Applications and follow the instructions to install PXL.
- Once your done, press Browse Applications and install MobileTerminal VT100 vsvnxxx and ONLY then BSD Subsystem v1.5
- Run Mobile Terminal from your SpringBoard and type: Code:
- Stop CommCenter by typing: Code:
launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist
- Give the bbupdater file read/write permission by typing: Code:
chmod +x bbupdater
- Now we check the version of the baseband, which should be v4.01 by typing: Code:
- Execute this in the console, to give iEraser executable rights: Code:
chmod +x ieraser
- Run iEraser by typing: Code:
- Run the bbupdater command again. This time it will not find any baseband firmware: Code:
- Now we flash the 3.14.08 baseband firmware back to the iPhone by typing: Code:
bbupdater -e ICE03.14.08_G.eep -f ICE03.14.08_G.fls
- Now check to make sure it worked: Code:
- Type Code:
launchctl load -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist
Congratulations! You've successfully Downgraded the Baseband/Modem firmware to 3.14
Phase 2.5 :: Fix your corrupt IMEI i.e. 00499xxxxx a.k.a "Invalid SIM Error"
Please goto Settings -> General -> About and read your IMEI. If your IMEI is shown correctly, then skip this phase and move onto Phase 3. If you see your IMEI as 00499xxxxx then do the following:
- Download wiNstaller and extract all files from the archive to a folder called wiNstaller
- Download Erica Sadun's Unlock.app and extract the Unlock.app folder.
- Run the wiNstallerGUI.exe file from the wiNstaller folder and select Install Application, locate the Unlock.app folder that you just extracted and wiNstaller will automatically install the App.
- Next you need to give all the files Read/Write permissions inside the Unlock.app folder on your iPhone. Run Mobile Terminal and type the following:Code:
cd /Applications/Unlock.app chmod +x *.*
- Close Mobile Terminal, and set your Auto-Lock to Never
- Restart your phone and you will see the Unlock.app icon on your SpringBoard. Run it and Press Start. This process will take approx. 20mins to complete.
- After it has been completed, you can close it and check your IMEI again . It should be restored to the original number.
- Restart your iPhone and follow Phase 3
Phase 3 :: Fix your corrupt seczone and reversing anySIM/iUnlock mess-ups!
- Download the latest virginizer_pack here:
- Unzip it and extract the folder on your C
- Copy the "verginizer_pack" directory to your iPhone's /usr/bin/.
- Use MobileTerminal or SSH to change to the "virginizer_pack" directory.
- Give "virginator.sh" permission to execute:
chmod +x virginator.sh
- Execute virginator.sh and follow the prompts:
- Follow the respective instructions.
If errors occur they will be saved in "error.log" in the virginizer_pack directory.
Phase 3.5 :: Upgrade your iPhone to v1.1.1 via DFU mode.
- Download the v1.1.1 Firmware
- DFU mode is a better option then the regular upgrade, because it completely sweeps your existing v1.0.2 files etc. off the drive and install a fresh copy of v1.1.1
- Start iTunes and plug in your iPhone which is running the 1.0.2 firmware.
- Hold down the Sleep and Home button for 10 seconds. Allow the phone to power off, but keep holding down the buttons. After 10 seconds, let go of the Sleep button, but keep the Home button pressed until iTunes sees your iPhone. The screen on your iPhone should be displaying nothing right now.
- iTunes will ask you if you want to restore. Hold down Option or Alt, I forget which (Shift if you are in Windows), and click restore. When iTunes asks you what file you would like to restore from, navigate to your folder where you've downloaded and saved v1.1.1.
Now you can use CARNAVAL OR JAILBREAKME.COM method to Jailbreak + Activate + YouTube + Installer and then UNLOCK with anySIM-1.1p.
- Run Installer and install BSD Subsystem & OpenSSH
- Download anySIM1.1p
- Extract the anySIM.app folder from anySIM-1.1p.rar onto a folder.
- Download WinSCP
- Check the IP issued by your WiFi for your phone, it should something like 192.168.xx.xx
- Run WinSCP and enter the IP as asked above, and put the username: root & password: alpine
- Wait for 30-35 secs and you will be asked to add a host key (big dialog box) say Yes
- After login into your phone, goto root -> Applications and copy the anySIM.app folder there and chmod all the files inside the anySIM.app folder to 0755 (by selecting all files and click on Properties)
- PowerOff your phone and put the original AT&T SIM
- PowerOn & now you will find the anySIM icon on your SpringBoard. Goto Settings > General > Auto-lock change it to Never.
- Run anySIM
- After it shows the "Successfully unlocked message". PowerOff your iPhone, put your own SIM inside and PoweOn.
Congratulations! You've successfully unlocked your v1.1.1
- Remove anySIM.app, as it's strongly advised not to run it twice. Use either iBrickr or iPhoneBrowser and delete the Unlock.app folder from /Applications/
- It's further advised not to leave the Mobile Terminal app on your springboard, lethal things can be done with it. Use iBrickr and goto Applications > on the right Fake iPhone screen, hit the red-minus button to uninstall 'Terminal'. Leave the BSD subsystem.
- If you are getting this error with ieraser: "Got header: 77 0b cc - Bus error"
It is because you didn't remove the .bin extension of the secpack. You need to make sure it is removed in windows by changing your folder view options to show extensions for known file types, OR in Mac by ctrl + click and going to get info and removing the extension under Name & Extension.
- IERASE stuck on "Waiting for data"
Re-upload ieraser and secpack to /usr/bin/
Last edited by ReVan; 11-28-2007 at 11:58 AM.
The Following 178 Users Say Thank You to ReVan For This Useful Post:
///m3 (10-18-2007), 75vette (10-21-2007), adit555 (10-16-2007), ags03 (10-16-2007), ahjonnies215 (10-17-2007), airtel (10-18-2007), alextb2 (10-22-2007), AmithShetty (10-25-2007), andy_h (10-16-2007), arTx (11-20-2007), arytbk (10-25-2007), asilver2 (10-18-2007), backstep (10-17-2007), biggzsizzle (11-01-2007), bilsta57 (03-13-2008), bloodlord (10-17-2007), bluegopher (10-16-2007), bobby0724 (10-23-2007), bpender69 (10-16-2007), Brian Salo (11-17-2007), Briggtopp (11-03-2007), buangsampah2003 (10-26-2007), candyman26 (10-19-2007), Carty (10-21-2007), claytoninsc (11-01-2007), CooperS7 (10-18-2007), Cozmo (10-16-2007), ctsquare (12-21-2007), cyber_bilal (10-16-2007), dakko (10-22-2007), damesio (11-23-2007), dc120 (11-07-2007), decogzz (10-21-2007), deedeedee (01-04-2008), devilowns (11-24-2007), docomar (10-15-2007), dooey5 (11-01-2007), Dreamsvender (10-17-2007), dtran (10-28-2007), ducmp (10-22-2007), eclipsegt316 (10-16-2007), EPiZ (10-22-2007), evojoey (10-17-2007), fantheplaya (10-16-2007), fotrino (10-17-2007), froz3n (10-18-2007), fury94 (10-17-2007), fveek (10-16-2007), [email protected] (12-04-2007), glerick (10-17-2007), gsmkiller (10-23-2007), hat (10-17-2007), hernz (10-21-2007), hicky86 (11-22-2007), hktiger (10-18-2007), hun9nh0c (10-20-2007), iamcarl (10-17-2007), iHeartMyiPhone (10-21-2007), ikajim (10-22-2007), imimran (10-20-2007), InF3rN0 (10-19-2007), influence22 (10-20-2007), iphone_naive (10-16-2007), jacek69 (10-30-2007), jameselder232 (10-17-2007), japunlock (10-22-2007), jc75 (10-17-2007), jetnor (10-20-2007), jflaroc (10-16-2007), jingbronw (02-01-2008), jomanjy (10-25-2007), kelzein (10-16-2007), kevvstarr (10-15-2007), kingking (10-28-2007), kiwiboi (11-01-2007), kk_maths97 (10-20-2007), klirrer (10-30-2007), knox2hard (11-15-2007), kokanee (10-21-2007), krustypinoy (10-27-2007), LaZARuZ (10-20-2007), lkk (10-17-2007), luiscomas (10-16-2007), m0nkey (10-22-2007), mahoney (10-17-2007), manolohk (10-15-2007), manzur (10-21-2007), marioleonteran (11-04-2007), matbon (10-25-2007), meldour (10-28-2007), meloyo (06-06-2008), mesohorna (10-23-2007), metca (10-18-2007), MieCh (10-15-2007), minhchu58 (10-20-2007), mizdachubz (10-17-2007), mobileclinic (10-19-2007), Mookie469 (10-19-2007), mrbadrul (10-28-2007), mumm_ra82 (10-21-2007), mym3 (10-19-2007), mysteria (10-16-2007), Nasp30 (10-20-2007), nat51 (10-22-2007), natzky (10-16-2007), Nemerland (10-25-2007), newbalance55 (10-22-2007), nj86 (10-16-2007), nucleare (10-18-2007), outsited (10-16-2007), pablorios (10-28-2007), Patrikg (10-21-2007), Pauliner (10-21-2007), Paulus (10-17-2007), paul_van_dyk (10-17-2007), pep200 (10-27-2007), pezley (10-27-2007), phuket (12-15-2007), PlayStation3Br (10-16-2007), Primpilampa (10-16-2007), Proudestmonkey3 (10-20-2007), pxpc (10-18-2007), quickfinga (10-16-2007), radeon328 (11-11-2007), RaMod (10-16-2007), ramseynissan (10-18-2007), Rapsterdr2003 (10-15-2007), Raymond Khoo (10-28-2007), rayray14 (10-16-2007), razt (10-26-2007), reyazi (10-22-2007), roosevelthunt (10-16-2007), saayd (10-21-2007), salmanaman (10-26-2007), senthil_rajan (10-26-2007), shakazulu (10-22-2007), shantanu (10-28-2007), ShayaN (12-30-2007), shoung0690 (10-17-2007), sirr1234567 (11-01-2007), sj774 (10-17-2007), slavipz (10-16-2007), slik (10-16-2007), slimsantas (10-18-2007), snakebite (10-17-2007), solares103 (10-15-2007), Soulful2345 (10-19-2007), soulthoughts (01-31-2008), srkhanjewel (07-25-2008), strangeluvuk (10-22-2007), SupahDave (10-21-2007), syldaril (10-18-2007), t3tser (10-16-2007), Tanzer360 (11-05-2007), tehsu (10-28-2007), timba04 (10-28-2007), tommysilvao (10-16-2007), Toshi (10-19-2007), travelbytommy (10-16-2007), tuhin192 (11-09-2007), ugotpwned5 (10-28-2007), vargasesteban (10-28-2007), vendy (10-16-2007), vetu02 (10-16-2007), Wade (10-18-2007), whizkid (10-23-2007), WK ALUCARD (10-17-2007), xash (10-29-2007), xiuxiu (10-24-2007), xklusyv (10-19-2007), yeahitzdat (10-21-2007), yomerit0 (10-17-2007), Yoyo (10-17-2007), Zach23 (10-20-2007), zatche (10-23-2007), zeus (10-17-2007), zo4000 (10-22-2007), _hatti (10-17-2007)
10-15-2007, 04:54 PM #2
Thanks Will this also work for a Virgin 1.1.1 phone fresh out of the box?
10-15-2007, 04:55 PM #3
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to ReVan For This Useful Post:
arTx (11-20-2007), biggzsizzle (11-01-2007), bloodlord (10-17-2007), docomar (10-15-2007), fantheplaya (10-17-2007), fury94 (10-17-2007), im123456 (10-27-2007), jflaroc (10-16-2007), jingbronw (02-01-2008), luiscomas (10-16-2007), reyazi (10-22-2007), sawadiikhap (10-20-2007), simonk83 (10-15-2007), srkhanjewel (07-25-2008), WK ALUCARD (10-17-2007), wlilies (10-29-2007), yankee88sg (10-16-2007)
10-15-2007, 04:56 PM #4
Hehe, fair enough Thanks
10-15-2007, 06:15 PM #5
thanks ganna give it a try
getting a problem from cd /usr/bin phone says no such file or directory.
Last edited by tifose; 10-15-2007 at 06:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
10-15-2007, 06:18 PM #6
10-15-2007, 06:39 PM #7
I usually have problems when I am using the terminal on the phone itself for some reason. It keeps saying that it cant find the dir or something like that
10-15-2007, 06:59 PM #8
Originally Posted by Mookie469Originally Posted by tifose
install MobileTerminal VT100 vsvn161 and ONLY then BSD Subsystem v1.5
10-15-2007, 07:14 PM #9
10-15-2007, 08:42 PM #10
Revan Thanks. This looks great, 3 questions:
- any sim card to put during the procedure, or just without any sim card ?
- what version of itunes should we work with, 7.3... or 7.4... or any version of itunes ?
- what do you mean by use the Tab key to auto complete commands ? is it the Return key ?
Thanks for the answers.
10-15-2007, 08:53 PM #11
oh nevermind, i had just restarted my terminal and it worked.
thank you again
Last edited by kevvstarr; 10-15-2007 at 09:00 PM.
10-15-2007, 09:00 PM #12
10-15-2007, 09:12 PM #13
10-15-2007, 10:51 PM #14
- any version of iTunes
- Tap the screen above Keyboard and you'll see a virtual jog dial appear, while having your finger pressed (without lifting it) drag down on TAB.
Last edited by ReVan; 10-15-2007 at 10:56 PM.
10-15-2007, 11:08 PM #15
did everything right that i was aware of but it says incorrect sim the iphone must be used with an approved sim
10-15-2007, 11:10 PM #16
10-15-2007, 11:11 PM #17
modem firmware still says 04.01.13_g
where did i go wrong?
Last edited by tomdz32; 10-15-2007 at 11:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
10-15-2007, 11:21 PM #18wiNstaller error
i have this error whenever i start my winstallergui.exe...
it's weird, and it just shows pretty much no information
the error goes like this:
"The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135). Click on OK to terminate the application."
i don't know what to do to fix this, help anyone?
10-15-2007, 11:37 PM #19
10-15-2007, 11:41 PM #20
i didnt see anything change i jus found out it was case sensitave i didnt not do that..you think thats the problem..and when i typin some files it said some not found