Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: One-click Jailbreak for 1.1.1 (Windows)

Sweet! Does YouTube work? If not would the 1.0.2 workaround work for 1.1.1?

Quote Originally Posted by strang View Post
    Sweet! Does YouTube work? If not would the 1.0.2 workaround work for 1.1.1?
    Yes my iphone YouTube does work..
    this is what i did

restored the iphone 1.1.1 firmware by rebooting the iphone buy using the hard shutoff and holding the home button down (ref to the 1.1.1 downgrade to 1.0.2) then i pressed restore firwmware on itunes. it ran through its process. then i activted the phone through itunes (im a ATT customer) then after activated. CLOSED Itunes, i ran the browser (http://jailbreak.toc2rta.com) once browser crashed i ran the touchFree.exe it took about 5-10 mins for the first part to complete. and then i rebooted. and rebooted and rebooted. finally i ran the restore on the iphone from itunes otherwise it would never let me sync. rebooted. and then i tested installer.app by installing the BSD Subsystem. and test all apps!

How would I incorporate activating with a non-AT&T sim with this kit?

keeps telling me itunesmobiledevice.dll isn't there. It is. i've tried with the DL you linked and the one in my Program Files/Common Files/Apple...etc... directory

Download the itunesmobiledevice.dll he gave you, and put it in the same folder as touchFree.exe
    Proud MMi Retired Moderator.

im running vista.
    i have the .NET framework 2.0 installed, but i"m told that 3.0 was already installed.
    i've already crashed the safari browser at the site posted.

Stage 5 seems to be hanging at uploading /usr/sbin/update...

did something go wrong?

someone please chime in, i'm waiting to see what i'm going to do next.

i cant get past "reading ipod flash image" without an error. Any ideas?

well, i shut down the application hoping to restart at the same point by typing "touchFree.exe five" at the command line. the problem is that i can't type anything into that window. now i don't know where i'm supposed to type that in to get this started up again.

how screwed am i now that i stopped that program?

I am having the same problem as all you guys^

I am just going to wait until Nate True pulls through. iBrickr will just be a simple click of a button or two and it will work.
    Last edited by Trent J.; 10-14-2007 at 05:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixfire425 View Post
    awesome!!! this worked the first time i used it!
    iphone 1.1.1 - working
    ssh - working
    installer - working
    phone - working
    freespace - after BSD and clean install of 1.1.1 firmware 7.22 GB

great work!
    Please share your method with the members who seem to be stuck. I believe Restoring the iPhone first with v1.1.1 firmware avoids the "Error" that most of you guys have been facing in this thread.

- Restored the iPhone 1.1.1 firmware by rebooting the iphone by using the hard shutoff and holding the home button down (ref to the 1.1.1 downgrade to 1.0.2) then i pressed restore firmware on itunes.
    - It ran through its process. then i activated the phone through itunes (im a AT&T customer) then after activated.
    - CLOSED Itunes, i ran the browser (http://jailbreak.toc2rta.com) once browser crashed i ran the touchFree.exe it took about 5-10 mins for the first part to complete. and then i rebooted. and rebooted and rebooted.
    - Finally i ran the restore on the iphone from itunes otherwise it would never let me sync. rebooted. and then i tested installer.app by installing the BSD Subsystem. and test all apps!
    Last edited by ReVan; 10-14-2007 at 05:59 PM.

Trust me, I have followed every little step of yours. And the read me has become my best friend.

I have restored like 10 times now and it still wont work. I closed iTunes, have the framework, ended anything related to iTunes, went to the site, safari 'crashed', then I ran touchFree.exe.. and it fails at "Reading iPod Flash Image"

will this let you update through itunes afterward? and will you have the 7 gb of space?

Thanks

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=367947

this place is saying that .net 3.0 is definitely needed not 2.0

I have the .NET Framework 3.0 too..

Do you need a screenshot? This is getting old fast..

I might just wait for iBrickr.

i restored my phone completely and went for a second go at it. IT WORKED THIS TIME!!! just try it again, guys!

question though... in Installer, how much space does it that you have available? mine only shows 60.4mb after installing only NES. before updating, i had lots and lots of stuff installed and i still had over 95mbs. am i the only one missing space?
    Last edited by jasoncyap; 10-14-2007 at 10:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trent J. View Post
    Download the itunesmobiledevice.dll he gave you, and put it in the same folder as touchFree.exe
    yeah. alread tried that. 5 different ways. Local dll, downloaded dll, even put the touchfree contents in plain old C drive to eliminate the possibility of a "folder name too long" type error. Might be this box. I'll try tomorrow on my office machine.

Version 6 is out!
    It's all GUI now!
    SWEET!
    =D

http://www.slovix.com/touchfree

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dash-2 View Post
    Version 6 is out!
    It's all GUI now!
    SWEET!
    =D

http://www.slovix.com/touchfree
    *** Thanks Dash-2, updated the main post ***

19. The Following User Says Thank You to ReVan For This Useful Post:

Donald.Brown01 (10-21-2007)

Thanks

Worked for me!!!!, should we not update or install the summerboard on installer after this?

21. The Following User Says Thank You to sogo For This Useful Post:

punter (10-19-2007)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sogo View Post
    Worked for me!!!!, should we not update or install the summerboard on installer after this?
    Congrats! Please share you step wise method in jailbreaking using the One-Click method.

You can upgrade but DO NOT install Customize (any versions).

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast