+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: restoring to 5.0.1 from 5.0.1 without blobs-IPHONE4S

is a discussion within the

General Verizon / Sprint / CDMA iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone on Verizon / Sprint / CDMA

section;
Dear All, I have tried to google my issue but could not find any answers. I did try to search this forum but could not find the answer of my
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default restoring to 5.0.1 from 5.0.1 without blobs-IPHONE4S
    Dear All,

I have tried to google my issue but could not find any answers. I did try to search this forum but could not find the answer of my situation as well. do pardon me if i missed something.

I have iphone 4s locked to sprint. i am using gevey ultra s(not sure if its 3 or 2) to use it for a local gsm carrier of Pakistan. my problem is i am facing battery drain issue and after searching a lot i am came to the conclusion that i need to restore the iphone before considering a hardware problem.
    the current version of the firware is 5.0.1 but i dont have blobs for 5.0.1
    i have blobs for 5.1.1 but i dont want to go to 5.1.1 because i might get a modem firmware(current is 1.0.13 upgrade which might make the gevey sim non working for the carrier unlock.
    so is there any way that i restore the phone to 5.0.1?

any reply is appreciated in advance.
    thanks

Thanks

Without blobs, you can't do anything. But I see no reason why don't you upgrade to the latest ios 7.1.1. You have iphone 4S, right?
    If so, there is R Sim 9, which will unlock it, regardless of baseband. Gevey and upgrading baseband have only to do with iphone 4.
    Also, today there is a very small amount of apps supporting IOS 5.x.x., so it's your choice.
    You didn't mention, if you have jailbreak on your phone, because if you insist on it, bear in mind, that there is no jailbreak for 4s on 7.1.1.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

thanks for the reply, I have heard upgrading 4s to ios breaks the wifi/bluetooth. i don't know the the % that are effected by this but i dont want to take any chance.
    Secondly i am jailbroken. i do have blobs for 5.1.1 but have no idea what happens to the baseband after upgrading to any iOS.
    could you direct me to a source which explains upgrading 4s from 5.0.1 to 5.1.1

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks man. but i don't need it now.
    I was facing the battery drain issue after following many step i came to the last step which is to erase all content and setting, but since my phone is JB i could not do it.
    I will mention how did i fix my battery drain issue.
    toothbrush + couple of drops of WD40. cleaned thoroughly both the cable and the charging port. issue resolved.
    my usage time was same as standby time
    now usage time is 33 minutes, standby time 3 hours 11 minutes and my battery is at 99%. if nothing is working then it surely will work. if it does not then change the cable first and then charging port.